Grainger Grizzlies

GC Grizzlies

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What high schools make up this new school or is this just a renaming of Rutledge HS?? If this has already been asked I apologize... I haven't read the entire thread

Grainger is just the renaming of Rutledge High School. The new school is 5-6 miles from the old RHS building. There was not any combining of any other schools to make Grainger High School.

who is graingers ace?

Grainger's ace would probably be Ryan Webster 7-1. The number two is Billy Conley 6-0.

Grainger is just the renaming of Rutledge High School. The new school is 5-6 miles from the old RHS building. There was not any combining of any other schools to make Grainger High School.

That's not totally accurate. The county is now an open zone and there were a few kids that started coming over from Washburn. I'm not sure if many if any decided to play any sports during the year, but the word is more are planning on attending Grainger in the fall.

That's not totally accurate. The county is now an open zone and there were a few kids that started coming over from Washburn. I'm not sure if many if any decided to play any sports during the year, but the word is more are planning on attending Grainger in the fall.

Word is that next year about 20 students will be coming from Washburn. Half of those will be taking a class not offered there (mostly Cosmotology) and the other half will be full time students. Out of those 10 or so students, I am not sure if any are athletes. Don't get me wrong, I'm not opposed to them coming over. I wish more did. Truth is right now there are very few students from Washburn coming to the new Grainger High School.

Grainger High School is the old Rutledge High School. Washburn High School is still open, so no schools were combined to make the new school. Students from Washburn have always had the choice of attending Rutledge High School or Washburn, and have that same opportunity at Grainger High School. Several students have transferred from Washburn, but there has been no combining of any schools. Grainger High is Rutledge High. You can change a name, but you can't change the spirit! /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

What high schools make up this new school or is this just a renaming of Rutledge HS?? If this has already been asked I apologize... I haven't read the entire thread

No schools were combined to create Grainger High. That was the original plan, but Washburn decided they wanted to stay where they were and that was that. The county has always been open for students to attend either school, and several students have transferred from Washburn, but very few. Grainger High School is Rutledge High School with a new name and a new campus