District 10 A

CAsports5

This topic has drifted from a question about how the baseball teams are going to do in district 10A to an insinuation that all private schools have an advantage in all sports.

What happened last fall?

McEwen beat NCS in football by 36-14.

in men's basketball by 43-40 and 39-29

in women's basketball by 54-30 and 33-27

Apparently, the baseball team at McEwen is not given the support they need. It's great that they can keep working hard and competing under adverse conditions. Their success should be measured by their hard work and dedication, not their record. I hope they have a good season and continue to improve. My hat's off to them.

sorry guys im new to this so if it looks bad sorry. but can u please explain to me how size does not matter in all sports because u just pointed out that McEwen beat ncs in football mens and womens basketball. so if McEwen has enough talent to do that sorry in offence ment but why do they alway stink at baseball? oh and by the way i know some kids at ncs and from wat i have heard from them no one care about girls basketball so i dont really count that one.

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

well, not every kid can play football or basketball or baseball. You might have students who are better in one sport than other. plus here baseball doesn't get the support from fans, community, and adminstration like football and basketball do.

We are just there. So our kids have not got the advantage that some of the other schools have. We don't have a state of the field, money for new uniforms, money to have indoor practice areas. If we had the same equal equipment and facitilies we might not "as you put it" stink. Look at CA and NCS fields then come on down to mac-town and have a look at ours and you will understand. Our booster club works hard at giving money to all the sports, but softball and baseball are low on the list. we don't even have lights on our fields....please. If I had the money I would put lights on both fields, but I don't and we don't have the ability to raise the kind of money needed for lights for them.

Our boys wear their Warrior uniforms with pride and play because they love the game. I am very proud of each and everyone of them.

I am sorry if I have said anything out of line here, but it bothers me to here ANY team told they stink or not as good as "chocolate iced cupcakes" They are kids....as adults you should remember that..if you are a kid...think about how you would feel if someone said that about your team.

well i can tell you this money does not have crap to do with how good that the kids are. if it had to do with money then ncs and ca would win state in single a in all sports. so dont give the crap that McEwen is not good at baseball because there field STINKS! also im pretty sure that every school's kids wear their uniforms with pride and they all love the game or they would not put the hours in. also i agree with you about not every kid cant play baseball or football or basketball but with the size of ncs and ca compared to the other schools in the district they have a higher percentage of PLAYERS in there schools since they can compete in the all the sports. the reason that these schools have a hard time in competing in football is because ca just started there program back up 4 years ago, and ncs dresses out wat like 30 players compared to the 50 or so the McEwen has.

thank you for your support. I am sorry the topic drifted. I am just proud of our kids, in all sports, and got upset with the earlier comment made about our kids (the chocolate iced cupcake statement). Please forgive me.

sorry again.

No apology needed. Your reaction is understandable. Good luck on the season!

I think people are misunderstanding the point here. I don??™t live in McEwen, but I have been around the school long enough to see some of the issues.

In McEwen, Basketball and Football are king. They are supported well, have excellent coaching and off season training. Also some of the better athletes in the school have actually been encouraged by some of the coaches not to play baseball and concentrate on working out for football.

Baseball is at the low end of the food chain. It is a fact their facilities are poor, and the program is not supported well at all. IF McEwen (or any small school for that matter) had the full support of the athletic department, decent training facilities, off season workouts and motivated coaching and staff, I have no doubt these young men could be as competitive as anyone else in the district.

McEwen has about 1,800 people in it. When you weed out anyone in town who is not qualified to be a high school baseball player, you end up with a pretty small number. Add that to the other difficulties I mentioned and you see why it is an uphill climb. Yet, year after year, they field a team and try to compete. I wonder how competitive other teams would be with the same obstacles.

I think people are misunderstanding the point here. I don??™t live in McEwen, but I have been around the school long enough to see some of the issues.

In McEwen, Basketball and Football are king. They are supported well, have excellent coaching and off season training. Also some of the better athletes in the school have actually been encouraged by some of the coaches not to play baseball and concentrate on working out for football.

Baseball is at the low end of the food chain. It is a fact their facilities are poor, and the program is not supported well at all. IF McEwen (or any small school for that matter) had the full support of the athletic department, decent training facilities, off season workouts and motivated coaching and staff, I have no doubt these young men could be as competitive as anyone else in the district.

McEwen has about 1,800 people in it. When you weed out anyone in town who is not qualified to be a high school baseball player, you end up with a pretty small number. Add that to the other difficulties I mentioned and you see why it is an uphill climb. Yet, year after year, they field a team and try to compete. I wonder how competitive other teams would be with the same obstacles.

so if they are king in those sports then when was the last time that they won state in one of those sports? and the kids being told not to play because they need to concentrate on football or basketball then explain to me why Tummins plays all 3 sports and he is the best athlete?

nashville christian beat JB last night 6-2.

Tonight Jo Byrns won 10-9. Clint Morris hit game winning solo HR, he had 2 HR in game and a sweet diving catch in the outfield. Jo Byrns had the lead 7-3 going into the 5th then NC made it 9-7, JB rallied back with a run in the 6th then the walk off in the 7th.

Tonight Jo Byrns won 10-9. Clint Morris hit game winning solo HR, he had 2 HR in game and a sweet diving catch in the outfield. Jo Byrns had the lead 7-3 going into the 5th then NC made it 9-7, JB rallied back with a run in the 6th then the walk off in the 7th.

It was a great game. There were 4 HR lastnight between both teams.