District 10 A

CAsports5

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Apparently McEwen is forfeiting the rest of their regular season games and dropping out of the district tournament. I'm not quite sure what's going on over there, but I'm guessing that it is something deeper than their record.

Either that or all those cupcakes they filled up on. /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" />

That's a shame that it has come to that level in McEwen as far as baseball is concerned... Baseball hasn't been the premier sport for a long time, but to just plain give up at the end of the season with only a few games left is pitiful... I am by no means a baseball junky but I this result might be because... 1)coaching, but I don't know who it is this year... and 2)the more extensive reason... the feeder program isn't that great... McEwen has always been competitive in little league up until about the 11-12 age group then alot of them quit and decide to do something else... I think that if McEwen really wants to see a change at the high school level they will need to get a coach (no idea who, prefereably someone who doesn't already have ties to the school and doesn't just coach for the money or popularity) and then find a way to keep the kids interested in ball from the bigger little league thru jr high... The feeder system couldn't be better setup (unless private) all kids that live in the area go to McEwen, McEwen is a K-12 campus so if your a coach you can make an impression on the kids from Kindegarden up (and this statement goes for every sports coach, teacher, and administrator...

Someone needs to get this under control... McEwen is always been fairly competitive (not as sucessful as they often should have been) in several sports with a few great athletes and classes coming out... I don't really know what's happening... possibly parents, kids, coaches, admin, etc...???

There is no reason to give up on a season... Unexcusable and I don't know what the rule is but the coach (whoever he/she is) shouldn't get the % tacked on to their salary...

These words are from a true McEwen supporter...