2009 Watauga Conference (1AA) Forecast......

6-4-3dplay

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

DB welcomes Happy Valley to The Fred today. Looking forward to seeing the boys scrimmage this afternoon.

What positions do Hodge and Mann play?

Hodge is a big kid that has some power. He is solid. Elizabethton I know has that one pitcher not sure of the name. WG has that Ward kid who is pretty good with the bat. Of course Whitson from Unicoi can sling it. North has a couple of decent kids. They have a good catcher. I can't remember much about Johnson Co. or Chucky Doak or South Greene.

As a partial bystander, I saw WG scrimmage North Greene yesterday and they didn't look too well.....Don't know what this means for the season, but I thought they'd look alot better than what they did...Coach Boles has been there long enough to have gotten this thing turned around....Maybe it's time for a change at West Green

how did the scrimmages go?

Short scrimmage lasted just short of 2 hours.

HV made some good def plays. Scored one un earned run on a 1st and 3rd steal to 2nd with 2 outs late throw on the steal enabled the runner from 3rd to steal. Few hits sprinkled here and there. 3rd baseman did a good job.

DB scored 5 or 6 Crawford went 3 for 3 with 2 HR's one was a bomb to center.

Pitchers for both needed the work, off and on finding the strike zone. DB needs Big Dave in the rotation this year he went for a couple innings showed signs he can get it over with some gas. Doran and Harvey did pretty good for the first time out. HV needs to get the junk over for a strike or find some gas, that could make or break them.

All in all it was a great night to be at the field.

Rumor has it WG lost a big player during Basketball. It think its the Ward kid. I don't remember where all he plays but I know he pitches some. Will this affect them?

SG will be much improved. I agree they could be a suprise and still very young. But how can u not list UC and Eliz 1 and 2.

If WG lost Ward, they may be hurting. He was a catcher for the most part (at least every time EHS played them) and he was a big stick in the lineup. With this loss and the loss of Campbell and Sauceman to graduation, WG may be in for another subpar season.

Any word on how the Cyclones did in the scrimmage against TN High last night?

First off the Ward kid isn't that great of a bat. Campbell and Sauceman were huge losses, but what about the other 4-5 starters that were freshmen and sophomores last year. They have a highly capable CF in Jordan Davis with some returning IF help in the Lamb kid at SS who also pitches some and is decent. The first baseman isn't a guy for average, but is a huge power threat. WG will be fine. This was a scrimmage. Just hold on 6-4-3 double play before you start doubting!

First off the Ward kid isn't that great of a bat. Campbell and Sauceman were huge losses, but what about the other 4-5 starters that were freshmen and sophomores last year. They have a highly capable CF in Jordan Davis with some returning IF help in the Lamb kid at SS who also pitches some and is decent. The first baseman isn't a guy for average, but is a huge power threat. WG will be fine. This was a scrimmage. Just hold on 6-4-3 double play before you start doubting!

I agree with L_333 that you still got to give them time. They just got their two sophmore pitchers back from basketball, also that lamb kid that anchors first will toe the rubber some I got a chance to watch him play this summer and he is talented. They just need to give their bats a time to get going and this team will get a rolling. I believe they will be a contender this year

I agree with L_333 that you still got to give them time. They just got their two sophmore pitchers back from basketball, also that lamb kid that anchors first will toe the rubber some I got a chance to watch him play this summer and he is talented. They just need to give their bats a time to get going and this team will get a rolling. I believe they will be a contender this year

I have heard reports from this scrimmage on the other side. The scrimmage was about 4 varsity innings and then they both subbed out. WG hit the first NG kid a little but they didn't touch the Hopson kid. They better get their bats going a little better. From a fielding standpoint I hear the looked OK. NG just hit the ball well.

Maybe its NG that has worked their tails off and are ready to be noticed. Both teams will be OK. I think. It is just a scrimmage.

As a partial bystander, I saw WG scrimmage North Greene yesterday and they didn't look too well.....Don't know what this means for the season, but I thought they'd look alot better than what they did...Coach Boles has been there long enough to have gotten this thing turned around....Maybe it's time for a change at West Green

I had a son play for WG and Coach Bowles a few years ago and he does a tremendous job and works very, very hard at West Greene. West Greene as a whole, just doesn't seem to have the athletes or talent that some of these other schools do. He is a great person and was a great Christian influence on my son. They have a great coching staff for the most part, but Im sure that WG Baseball will get things turned around. good luck this season boys and hope its a successful one for you guys.