2009 Watauga Conference (1AA) Forecast......

6-4-3dplay

With a new season on the horizon, what are some opinions on how the Watauga Conference will shape out this year?

Seems like Unicoi is still the cream of the crop, with Elizabethton being a close second.......But, with the way the District Tournament shaped out last year with West Greene and Happy Valley making some noise, is anything going to be any different this year? My outlook is:

1) UC

2) Eliz

3) HV

4) WG

5) SN

6) CD

7) JC

8) SG

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

With a new season on the horizon, what are some opinions on how the Watauga Conference will shape out this year?

Seems like Unicoi is still the cream of the crop, with Elizabethton being a close second.......But, with the way the District Tournament shaped out last year with West Greene and Happy Valley making some noise, is anything going to be any different this year? My outlook is:

1) UC

2) Eliz

3) HV

4) WG

5) SN

6) CD

7) JC

8) SG

TTT

1) UC

2) Eliz

3) HV

4) WG

5) SN

6) CD

7) JC

8) SG

I agree with the list. Unicoi and Elizabethton (just like the past three years) will be on top. Both teams return quite a few players that led them last season. Whitson will be just as good this year for UC and Jake Davis will lead EHS like he did last year.

West Greene ended last season with a good little run and they only lost a couple players. I look for them to be the darkhorse in the conference.

Should be another great year on the diamond. I'm looking forward to it.

Yeah, the 2 guys you're talking about that WG lost were Brad Campbell and the Sauceman kid (can't remember his name). They were WG's top 2 pitchers I believe.

UC should be LOADED again this year, as Baxter does a great job with this bunch. Like you, should be an interesting year in the Watauga Conf.......

• 2 weeks later...

i think the conferance may end up closer than in the past. Happy Valley has some good athletes playing this year. it will be a good season. go cyclones

Rumor has it WG lost a big player during Basketball. It think its the Ward kid. I don't remember where all he plays but I know he pitches some. Will this affect them?

SG will be much improved. I agree they could be a suprise and still very young. But how can u not list UC and Eliz 1 and 2.