Giles County Senior Class

lrb4

Yeah man, the other day I was riding the backroads and saw this nice ten pointer, oh wait a minute is this the random topics portion of the show. Get back on track fellas. 87 was a good senior class AC and crew had several that played some college ball not sure of the record though I think they had a basketball coach coaching football then, not sure though, someone investigate.

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yeah man, the other day I was riding the backroads and saw this nice ten pointer, oh wait a minute is this the random topics portion of the show. Get back on track fellas. 87 was a good senior class AC and crew had several that played some college ball not sure of the record though I think they had a basketball coach coaching football then, not sure though, someone investigate.

Really? What part of the county was this monster in? I might have to investigate and get me a new hunting spot. :thumb:

87 was a good senior class AC was the rock of a very good defense that year, total I beleive 4 from that team went on to play college ball. Finished the year 6-4 playing a tough schedule, and yes we did have a basketball coach for a head coach. Good group that loved to play the game.

For a such a good senior class they didn't win many games? dry.gif

I agree 6 wins is not 10 but in 87 playing Lincoln Co in their hay day, Playin Tullahoma with Maurice Shaw and Antonio London, Playing Columbia, Shelbyville, playing in a time of only three classifications in TN football and we Giles Co played in class three A which would be the same as playing a 5a-6a schedule all year. In fact 6 wins that season was pretty impressive.

IronMan I mean Girl, why dont you get off the hair! better yet tell everyone who you really are! Im sorry thats probably about all you can relate to (hair) cause you sure as heck dont know anything about football!

You want to know who I am???????????????? Well, I'm the unsilent majority!!!!!!!!!!!!1

Sounds like something Obama would say, :)

I can put an end to all this,no need to debate any longer,best senior class? Its not 87, not 97 and not this year either. Go ahead and give it to the good ole boys that started it all. :thumb:

I agree 6 wins is not 10 but in 87 playing Lincoln Co in their hay day, Playin Tullahoma with Maurice Shaw and Antonio London, Playing Columbia, Shelbyville, playing in a time of only three classifications in TN football and we Giles Co played in class three A which would be the same as playing a 5a-6a schedule all year. In fact 6 wins that season was pretty impressive.

Yeah but it's just not the same as a 10 win season though. No playoff wins. If your going to judge by that, you'd have to go back to the mid 80's as well. But, then again if you only go by wins and losses, you'd have to look hard at the 95 or so team that went undefeated..........

The way I see it, the best would be the three teams that made it to the 3rd round(1996,2006,2008). You can really say that 96 wasn't the best because they got blew out in the 3rd round. So that leaves 06 and 08 as the best years because they both lost close games to Lipscomb in the 3rd round. Just my opinion.

The 79-80 team of seniors played really well along with the 81-82 team. If I remember correctly, the 82 year we played Brentwood Academy in the playoffs and got beat 7 to 6. They went on to win the championship that year by 30 points. Its difficult to give the nod to teams in recent years because in those days you didnt have Div I, II etc.

The 79-80 team of seniors played really well along with the 81-82 team. If I remember correctly, the 82 year we played Brentwood Academy in the playoffs and got beat 7 to 6. They went on to win the championship that year by 30 points. Its difficult to give the nod to teams in recent years because in those days you didnt have Div I, II etc.

Agreed. The best team thing is all about perspective, We always saw Brentwood Academy in the 1st round, whomever won our district met them.

Reckon we can get playstation to make a best of GCHS ever?

With that said, this years Senior class has a wonderful bunch of highly dedicated and skilled players, they have probably put in more practice than any of the previous classes.

NO L.M.S.S. you again are incorrect! Stay with the Records up at Richland! It was NOT Brentwood Academy!!!!!!D.A. It was Brentwood and it was there. Stop trying to pretend that you are a G.C. Alumni or that you know about football or Giles County's past!

Come on lmss you gonna take that sitting down with yo legs crossed. Get up and kick him in the jimmy!