Columbia Central

66in74

Well that means a 1-9 team could get in the playoffs, and that is absolutely ridiculous. /blink.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":blink:" border="0" alt="blink.gif" />

Only in one scenario, which would be that there are only two teams represented from that class in that district (which I think is the case in yours) and the team that goes 1-9 beats the other team. I used to think that was the end of it, but remember that every district game counts, so if the team that got beat by the 1-9 team won two or more district games, they would be the 6A representative in this case...the head-to-head would come into play only if the teams had identical district records. Or more simply put, a 1-9 team would only make the playoffs in a two-team situation (or technically three-since there is only one automatic qualifier in that setup) if the team they beat also had either 1 or no district wins. Anyway you look at it, I don't see how this is "easier" to figure out than the past...matter of fact, I think I should get college credit just for this post.

• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Only in one scenario, which would be that there are only two teams represented from that class in that district (which I think is the case in yours) and the team that goes 1-9 beats the other team. I used to think that was the end of it, but remember that every district game counts, so if the team that got beat by the 1-9 team won two or more district games, they would be the 6A representative in this case...the head-to-head would come into play only if the teams had identical district records. Or more simply put, a 1-9 team would only make the playoffs in a two-team situation (or technically three-since there is only one automatic qualifier in that setup) if the team they beat also had either 1 or no district wins. Anyway you look at it, I don't see how this is "easier" to figure out than the past...matter of fact, I think I should get college credit just for this post.

The way I have seen it posted is that if you only have two teams in your classification then one of them would have to be in one of the top 3 spots to go. The automatic bid only comes when there are 3 teams in your classification in your district. So if you have an 8 team region and 6 of those are in 5A and 2 are in 6A then those 2 teams from 6A would have to be in the top 3 spots to go to the playoffs other than that they would have to hope for a wildcard.

I believe it is that way please help me if I am wrong.

The way I have seen it posted is that if you only have two teams in your classification then one of them would have to be in one of the top 3 spots to go. The automatic bid only comes when there are 3 teams in your classification in your district. So if you have an 8 team region and 6 of those are in 5A and 2 are in 6A then those 2 teams from 6A would have to be in the top 3 spots to go to the playoffs other than that they would have to hope for a wildcard.

I believe it is that way please help me if I am wrong.

I think that if there are two, then the top one of the two, no matter where in the standings is an automatic qualifier...this is to keep balance in the overall field. Now, if there is one, such as Brighton over in West TN, then they need to finish in the top two of the overall district or the best they can hope instead would be a wildcard.

Ha this topic is a joke if you guys couldnt win in 6A then do you seriously think you could do much better in 5A? Maybe you'll do ok in your District like an average .500 but if you make the playoffs you wont make it past round 1. Yall are a JV compared to the rest of Williamson Co.

Oh and btw week 7 yall are going to be a historic 0-5 againist Indy. Your the only team Indy is undefeated againist* Dont get me wrong i would love to see you guys do good, i know a lot of guys at your school but right now the only good thing about CCHS is your band.

*Played more than just one game.

Ha this topic is a joke if you guys couldnt win in 6A then do you seriously think you could do much better in 5A? Maybe you'll do ok in your District like an average .500 but if you make the playoffs you wont make it past round 1. Yall are a JV compared to the rest of Williamson Co.

Oh and btw week 7 yall are going to be a historic 0-5 againist Indy. Your the only team Indy is undefeated againist* Dont get me wrong i would love to see you guys do good, i know a lot of guys at your school but right now the only good thing about CCHS is your band.

*Played more than just one game.

Well Mack, it's obvious you don't know what you're talking about. Columbia has never played 6A. /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" />

Better go back to the Indy board and convince the Indy fans. Sounds like ya'll might have some problems this year.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Well Mack, it's obvious you don't know what you're talking about. Columbia has never played 6A. /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" />

Better go back to the Indy board and convince the Indy fans. Sounds like ya'll might have some problems this year.

Ha dont know what im talking about, i actually ment they played in 5A, But Franklin? Centennial? Brentwood? Ravenwood? Clarksville NE? Dickson Co.? What happened to them? They were all 5A in the past years. And what problems you talking about the 'Coaching Controversy?' Eubanks is still the coach. So you think you fire a coach when he went to State with 25+ seniors during first year then the next year stinks with 11 seniors (hardly any of them started and some got injured)? So what problems you talking bout?

Ha dont know what im talking about, i actually ment they played in 5A, But Franklin? Centennial? Brentwood? Ravenwood? Clarksville NE? Dickson Co.? What happened to them? They were all 5A in the past years. And what problems you talking about the 'Coaching Controversy?' Eubanks is still the coach. So you think you fire a coach when he went to State with 25+ seniors during first year then the next year stinks with 11 seniors (hardly any of them started and some got injured)? So what problems you talking bout?

Oh and about my first reply to this blog, Indy isnt the only school in Williamson Co. that feels the same way about your program.