Silverdale defeats Grace

THELEGEND

Look, I did not mean that comment as a knock on Temple, rather as a knock on Grace and their (lack of) coaching. I did not mean that Temple is a bunch of scrubs- I think Sexton is individually better than anyone Grace has. However, over the past few years, Grace has had more overall talent as a team. Did that make them better? No, not at all.

Grace's problem is not talent- if this game was all about talent, Grace would be playing for a state title every season. However, I was trying to point out that Grace's coaching and lack of team play hurts them every season. Again, three future DI players, two of them over 6-9, should have no problem walking over the competition in A ball to Murfreesboro and competing for a title. The same could be said of this season. They have PLENTY of talent. The problem lies in the fact that they run no offense and have some players take an inordinate amount of shots they should not be taking.

Just my opinion. Feel free to disagree, as some already have...

I'll be the first to agree. Watch the 2 teams in warm-ups this Friday night. If you hadn't seen the 2 in action before you'd probably put $100 on Grace to win by 20. Temple's got talent, but they win with structure, defense, and team play. Grace has better individual talent at probably all but one position, but for whatever reason is having another under-achieving year.

• Replies 17
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Look, I did not mean that comment as a knock on Temple, rather as a knock on Grace and their (lack of) coaching. I did not mean that Temple is a bunch of scrubs- I think Sexton is individually better than anyone Grace has. However, over the past few years, Grace has had more overall talent as a team. Did that make them better? No, not at all.

Grace's problem is not talent- if this game was all about talent, Grace would be playing for a state title every season. However, I was trying to point out that Grace's coaching and lack of team play hurts them every season. Again, three future DI players, two of them over 6-9, should have no problem walking over the competition in A ball to Murfreesboro and competing for a title. The same could be said of this season. They have PLENTY of talent. The problem lies in the fact that they run no offense and have some players take an inordinate amount of shots they should not be taking.

I strongly disagree with the word "way." But I also do disagree that Grace is/was more talented. Brandon Hermon is not more talented that Jeremy Sexton. Patrick Shaghnessy is not more talented that Jarrod Johnson (tall does not equal talent). Terrell Church and Fuquan Harper are not more talented than James Kemp and Brandon Andrews. Grace's bench is not deeper or more talented than Temple's (I think Temple proved that quite convincingly at the last matchup).

We can disagree with each other. No problem /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

I was not there so I can't say for sure, but I have talked to several fans that were in attendance.

I know Patrick was in early foul trouble. He only had 2 points for the entire game.

Also, I know Grace missed several free throws and shot a pretty low percentage from the field.

Taylor Wilson had a chance to win it at the buzzer of regulation, but he missed a layup/high percentage shot...Don't know if he was open or if it was contested or what...

Silverdale probably played with a lot of passion...Grace beat them by almost 70 points back in December so they probably felt like they had something to prove...even with that incentive they are nowhere near as talented as Grace

I was very surprised when I heard about this loss for the Eagles...but better to lose to them now than in the Tournaments

I agree also I know from past experiences silverdale is a very hard place to play, and grace should always come ready to play even on a bad night. I am glad they learned their lesson.

I have to strongley agree 100 percent grace has guards that want to shoot and ack up on points and poor patrick should be averaging at leat 22 a game 2 points for a 6'9 in foul trouble is not acceptable, some teams have freshman come in and hit 3 the moment they come in the game, if patrick went to another school that would appreciate him more, then he would be division 1 all day.

I strongly disagree with the word "way." But I also do disagree that Grace is/was more talented. Brandon Hermon is not more talented that Jeremy Sexton. Patrick Shaghnessy is not more talented that Jarrod Johnson (tall does not equal talent). Terrell Church and Fuquan Harper are not more talented than James Kemp and Brandon Andrews. Grace's bench is not deeper or more talented than Temple's (I think Temple proved that quite convincingly at the last matchup).

We can disagree with each other. No problem /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

NOW IF BY TALENT YOU MEAN ATHLETIC THEN OK MAKE THAT SPECIFIC BEACAUSE WHAT DID GRACES GUARDS AND POST DO LAST MATCHUP, AND PATRICK WITH ONLY 8 REBOUNDS AT 6'9

I agree also I know from past experiences silverdale is a very hard place to play, and grace should always come ready to play even on a bad night. I am glad they learned their lesson.

Hey, Grace works hard to get better in all that they do. Why, of all people (Temple & Silverdale) are you so down on their efforts to be the best. Isn't that what everyone is working toward. I guess if it makes you feel better we are sure glad to help! Let's work together to make our schools the best in the city, or the state, for that matter. Being Christian schools I believe we are held to a higher standard in all that we do!! With that said, good luck to you both and may the best team win!!!