7A ... 2009

sniper11

With less 5 weeks to go before the season begins, I am sure the teams in the district are more than excited to get started. It wont be long before they can start actual practice. I believe that this year is definately going to be a toss up. With Monterey's pitcher leaving and now playing for JC, and Clay losing their pitcher from last year. RBS also lost 2 key players (Boles and Claywell). I look only to see an improvement in JC with their new pitcher. They have always had potential just never used it much. Maybe Adkins will turn that around this year, she has always tried to be a leader for her team. As for PC, I hope to see them come in with heads held high ready to start a new season! And then as for Clarkrange, I just hope they can pull out with more wins than last year. I think season will bring several upsets and some shocking scores and games. I want to see Clay win the district this year because the seniors on that team are hard working and deadicated players. Clay has been a 100% better team since these girls made the team as freshman. Meadows is back this year and that will help Clay out a lot, she is a very talented girl! Kerr is also back, so expect big things from her. They will be determined for that district championship because its what they have worked so hard for, for 4 years, but they will have to work hard for it because all teams in the district will give them a run for their money this year! Its will definately be a good to season to see. GOOD LUCK TO ALL 7A TEAMS AND COACHES!! /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" />

I haven't heard a lot about softball this year but I would prob have to say that Monterey will be a little down even if Adkins wouldnt have left. Their long time coach Amy Stevens was transferred to Avery Trace just so they could hire the new girls basketball coach........i bet MHS is regretting that decision about now..Amy was a huge part in Monterey winning as much as they have over the years so I have a feeling they may be a little lost.