best team in middle tennessee

fightin23

• Replies 117
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If we are talking about the best team in Middle TN over the past several years, the list has to include the Cougars of Goodpasture. In the state tournament the past 7 years; 3 state championships including the last two back to back. They have one of the best coaches in the state in Richie Estep and he finally has a solid assistant in Jim Norris (retired from McGavock)

Adding a great coach to the mix will make Goodpasture even tougher to beat so

I agree with you.

who is the best team in middle tennessee?

i think its father ryan high school

every body is already counting them out but i think there going to be better then you think and they are very well coached

but who do you think it is

i think the father ryan fightin irish are going to go all the way this year the have talent by th sugar load

there juniors are very good

dylan a junior and a starter is very good great feilder and great hitter

and conner graves another junior is abig strong kid who can hit and is a great feilder and is going to be part of there pitching this year

mitchell burns outfeild he is fast and a good lead off hittewr great glove

alex shoulders good outfielder and a great arm he is a junior and is good

eric bolton is a good infielder who is a god pitcher and he is a junior

father ryan is going to whoop ba

frhs state champs this year with a great team

Hey, guys. I mean no offense to anyone at FRHS in any way...but I saw them yesterday vs. Overton and they aren't even in the discussion for a top team in the midstate.

Good, solid players and team -- ok. A top team? No way. Not enough pitching, the #1 guy didn't look so hot, either, maybe just first day out. Overton didn't have much of a struggle.

Hey, guys. I mean no offense to anyone at FRHS in any way...but I saw them yesterday vs. Overton and they aren't even in the discussion for a top team in the midstate.

Good, solid players and team -- ok. A top team? No way. Not enough pitching, the #1 guy didn't look so hot, either, maybe just first day out. Overton didn't have much of a struggle.

well you could be right but our top pitcher has been out with a briused taiil bone and he has only hadd two days of practice going in to the scrimmage but i think father ryan is gunna come on strong at the end of the year

The score was 16 to 14 no killing by anyone. All I saw was alot of coaching trying to decide what there plans for the year was going to be. Anyone taking this as a serious decision of a teams ability does not know baseball at all. Both teams did not look like they are going to look in the real season. Ryan has sophomores starting one starting senior out hurt, lead pitcher had not been able to practice in many weeks and no pitcher pitched more than 2 innings. The batting order was all over the place. Overton had 2 players out. Since Freshmen even played for the experience and the chance for coaches to see what they have. How can you say someone is not in the top anything either team?.

I can't believe that I'm not hearing good things about D-bird = Dillian Golden. Was he there? What about Drew Allen of Overton? Mookie Betts of Overton - was he in basketball? How did Landon Snyder do?

The truth is that both teams are probably not going to be very good this year. Overton has not been good since they lost Ben Johnson and that group, and Father Ryan has not been good in quite a while.

Overton definitely had a dip since then. However, the sophomore/junior class is strong. Last year, of course, that was freshmen and soph -- just getting their legs.

I expect them to be a lot better as they age. For what it is worth, which is only so much, those sophomores and juniors are basically the team that won the Middle Tennessee Middle School Championship 2 years ago. This was MBA, DCA, Catholic, Hendersonville, Goodpasture, Lipscomb, etc. so the competition was strong. The year that the current juniors were in 8th grade (3 years ago) they came in 2nd to Goodpasture. 2 years ago when the current sophs were in 8th grade they won the championship, beating Lipscomb back to back.

Notice who is good now -- JPII, Goodpasture, Lipscomb, Hendersonville -- these are the teams/programs that the current Overton Sophs, and some of the Juniors, beat.

My only point is that there is some really good talent there -- they just have to translate it to the 2009.

Overton plays FR 2nd game of year -- March. 10. Independance and Harpeth on 11th and 12th.