Best Players in East Tennessee

downtown247

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Looking forward----Dre Mathoui from Central will be in the mix next year. He is close now in AAA in the Knox Area because he is so valuable to the team. He is near the top in assist, steals, and ppg is good for a point guard.

He will be playing for one of the better AAU teams this Summer so it should allow him to be very solid for his last 2 seasons. He is as good as Robert Boyd in AA now but could use some work.

Knox Area AAA Starting Five:

Ryan Click--Maryville

Nathan Parker--Bearden

Tyler Hood--Lenoir City

Linwood Holloway--Central

Demonte Simpson--Bearden

Next Five:

Blake Jenkins--Bearden

Sam Watson--Farragut

Chris Poteet--Campbell County

Jordan Short--Greeneville

Jay Reynolds--Maryville

I like your list, but I would flip flop Linwood Holloway and Blake Jenkins.

I know this an east TN post but.........grainger09 has opened this up to the whole state....

I agree McBee is a special player, BUT there's this on kid in Memphis by the name of Leslie McDonald that's headed to Chapel Hill.......

If he is better than McBee I sure like to see Leslie play. Will he have a game near east Tennessee or will we have to wait till the state Tournament or until he gets to Chapel Hill to get a look at his game? /dry.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid="

If he is better than McBee I sure like to see Leslie play. Will he have a game near east Tennessee or will we have to wait till the state Tournament or until he gets to Chapel Hill to get a look at his game? /dry.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid="

he has played in the arby's tournament in bristol the last two years. john calipari came to bristol last year to watch leslie mcdonald play while he was recruiting him to come to memphis. /motorbike.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":motorbike:" border="0" alt="motorbike.gif" />

Single A Starting Five:

PG--Cameron Pridemore--Grace Christian

SG--Jeremy Sexton--Temple

SF--Ryan Slusher--GC

PF--Mykhal Titlow--Greenback

C--Patrick Shaughnessy--Grace Baptist

First Two Subs--

Wesley Rather(OS)

Caleb Bunch(Wartburg)

DUDE YOU ARE INDEED A GURU I WOULDNT HAVE PUT MY STARTING LINE UP BETTER YOU SHOULD GO PRO AT THIS LOL

I agree!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Look, I'm big on Skylar. I've known him since he was a baby. Whether or not he's as good as McDonald is a moot point. Both are being recruited by or have been signed by two of the top teams in the country that are both in the ACC and pretty much in the same vicinity of North Carolina. I'm sure they might've crossed paths in summer ball, but I wouldn't get ultra defensive when it comes to comparisons to players from Memphis. And I'm hopeful that the Grizzlies make it to the state tournament, but that means getting through either Fulton or Austin-East in the sectionals not to mention Unicoi County in the regionals. It's a tough road ahead and I know there's not a defense that Skylar hasn't seen thrown at him, but Lord only knows EVERYONE knows who to concentrate their help defense on when they play Grainger.

Look, I'm big on Skylar. I've known him since he was a baby. Whether or not he's as good as McDonald is a moot point. Both are being recruited by or have been signed by two of the top teams in the country that are both in the ACC and pretty much in the same vicinity of North Carolina. I'm sure they might've crossed paths in summer ball, but I wouldn't get ultra defensive when it comes to comparisons to players from Memphis. And I'm hopeful that the Grizzlies make it to the state tournament, but that means getting through either Fulton or Austin-East in the sectionals not to mention Unicoi County in the regionals. It's a tough road ahead and I know there's not a defense that Skylar hasn't seen thrown at him, but Lord only knows EVERYONE knows who to concentrate their help defense on when they play Grainger.

I had never heard of Skylar until last spring. My son went to tryout for the Mid-state ballerz. In a gym FULL of great players, I mean amazing players he stood above them all. So much so, I knew his name before I left. From the people I have talked to since he is a good kid also. I wish him the best and hope he wear orange next year!!

I know this an east TN post but.........grainger09 has opened this up to the whole state....

I agree McBee is a special player, BUT there's this on kid in Memphis by the name of Leslie McDonald that's headed to Chapel Hill.......

I have never seen McDonald play, but have heard a lot about him. My only point of contention with regards to comparing he and McBee is that they are totally different players. One a point guard, the other a shooting guard/small forward. Both are ACC talents. What about John Jenkins? I have heard some say that he is as good as McDonald. What do you think?