Dyersburg vs. Dyer County

mattfromdburg

I think we should stick to the actual basketball game! If you wanna talk cheerleading here you go!

http://tennessee.coacht.com/boards/index.php?showforum=46

The big kid from Halls was a large presence inside the paint for the Choctaws. He forced the Trojans to alter many of their shots down low. Does he always play with as much emotion as he did tonight?

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The big kid from Halls was a large presence inside the paint for the Choctaws. He forced the Trojans to alter many of their shots down low. Does he always play with as much emotion as he did tonight?

Oh yeah, but those fouls made him play less aggressive! Ced plowed over that one kid! He was tripping and stumbling and just like tackled him! I feel sorry for that kid!

Cudos to Coach Decker and her Trojan squad. They have come a long way in a short period of time. I thought the Trojans would tire out in the third or fourth quarter, but they did not. They were clawing and scratchin the whole game. They ought to be proud of themselves. they had their A game faces on. The Choctaws on the other hand missed a slew of layups and free throws. This game should not have been that close, if the Choctaws had hit the easy layups and free throws. It's good to get the steals , but you have to finish by scoring the easy layups. We have done it in past games,we just didn't do it tonight. It was a win, but it was ugly. I'm sorry Choctaw faithful, but I call it like I see it. If we play this way against a formidable opponent we are in for a spankin in the near future. The Choctaws have got to get to workin on their mistakes and get better, if they are going to get to the Boro. I know we are young in some areas, but we have got to grow up quick, if we are going to make a run at the gold ball. It's getting close to Tournament time, so we need to be gearing up for some big battles. I want to see that well greased running machine, that i know you can be. We don't need to get complacent here, we have got to keep improving and striving to get better. /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" /> "GO BIG ORANGE"

Cudos to Coach Decker and her Trojan squad. They have come a long way in a short period of time. I thought the Trojans would tire out in the third or fourth quarter, but they did not. They were clawing and scratchin the whole game. They ought to be proud of themselves. they had their A game faces on. The Choctaws on the other hand missed a slew of layups and free throws. This game should not have been that close, if the Choctaws had hit the easy layups and free throws. It's good to get the steals , but you have to finish by scoring the easy layups. We have done it in past games,we just didn't do it tonight. It was a win, but it was ugly. I'm sorry Choctaw faithful, but I call it like I see it. If we play this way against a formidable opponent we are in for a spankin in the near future. The Choctaws have got to get to workin on their mistakes and get better, if they are going to get to the Boro. I know we are young in some areas, but we have got to grow up quick, if we are going to make a run at the gold ball. It's getting close to Tournament time, so we need to be gearing up for some big battles. I want to see that well greased running machine, that i know you can be. We don't need to get complacent here, we have got to keep improving and striving to get better. /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" /> "GO BIG ORANGE"

"The Choctaws on the other hand missed a slew of layups and free throws. This game should not have been that close, if the Choctaws had hit the easy layups and free throws."

It works both ways.

The Trojans missed a slew of layups and short easy jumpers. This game might have had a different outcome if the Trojans had hit the easy layups and short jumpers.

"The Choctaws on the other hand missed a slew of layups and free throws. This game should not have been that close, if the Choctaws had hit the easy layups and free throws."

It works both ways.

The Trojans missed a slew of layups and short easy jumpers. This game might have had a different outcome if the Trojans had hit the easy layups and short jumpers.

Bottom line is Choctaws made the big plays at the end when it mattered...completely agree with DCfan74, there will be teams that they will not be able to come back from a defecit on..yes they have been pulling out wins in the 2nd half and they deserve those wins...not taking anything away from them but come tourny time it is gonna have to be all out effort for 4.

My take on the game is like this.If Dyersburg play with the intensity that they showed last night, they would have a lot better record than what they have.

You just can't get up for the DC game and fall back to sleep against everybody else.Play ball every night you step on the court.Now on to DC, I saw McCord play 12 players shuffled in and out in the first quarter alone.Now I could be wrong,but our 2nd and third string players are not playing at the same intensity and skill level as the top seven or eight do.I have seen this in several of the games in the second half of this season, therefore we have had alot of clsoer games as of lately.I now we are attempting to wear teams down so we can pull away in the fourth, but giving teams the confidence that they can beat you is not good.Remember 75% of basketball is confidence.My biggest fear when it comes to this team is that when they try to pull off late in the game a team will get hot,get some close calls, and send us to the house with a loss.Hopefully it won't happen in tournament play and DC gets sent home for the season.

My take on the game is like this.If Dyersburg play with the intensity that they showed last night, they would have a lot better record than what they have.

You just can't get up for the DC game and fall back to sleep against everybody else.Play ball every night you step on the court.Now on to DC, I saw McCord play 12 players shuffled in and out in the first quarter alone.Now I could be wrong,but our 2nd and third string players are not playing at the same intensity and skill level as the top seven or eight do.I have seen this in several of the games in the second half of this season, therefore we have had alot of clsoer games as of lately.I now we are attempting to wear teams down so we can pull away in the fourth, but giving teams the confidence that they can beat you is not good.Remember 75% of basketball is confidence.My biggest fear when it comes to this team is that when they try to pull off late in the game a team will get hot,get some close calls, and send us to the house with a loss.Hopefully it won't happen in tournament play and DC gets sent home for the season.

I agree with this...last night I was shaking my head at times trying to figure out what was going on with all the subbing. Seemed like as soon as they were getting momentum out they went and another group came in. There will be some teams that if we do not play all 4 quarters with we will get down and not be able to come back....then again I am not a coach and don't know what their angle was last night. /smile.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":)" border="0" alt="smile.gif" />

Hey GC, this game was a good one. Ha . . . who would have thought?

DHS had a 3 point lead at half-time!

Great game by Coach Decker's Trojans!!!

As for the refs . . . /dry.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=" Well . . . let me begin by saying this:

Dyer County is GOOD and played well, BUT I believe that Dyersburg played a better game. J.T. Sanders and Cameron Thomas were outstanding . . . back to the refs . . . The refs tonight completely changed the pace of the game late in the 3rd quarter. Also, tonight was the first time I have ever witnessed a group of refs change the momentum of a game. The most INCONSISTENT officiating I ever witnessed. To say the least, I think if that game was played with a different crew, Dyersburg would have won. Shoulda, coulda, woulda I guess. A different crew might have made it a 30 point DC win, WHO KNOWS, but I feel like the officiating in the fourth made a difference in this game.

Dyer County IS a better team- NO doubt! But tonight the Trojans were the better team and the refs were about as bad as the Trojans were good. That's my opinion, and I'm sticking to it!

BTW-Way to go LTs on the route . . . and nice student section again DHS!

If this was the first time you have seen the reffs change the game around, you have not seen much ballgames, I have been watching basketball for over 60 years and have seen it many many times. Some times for us and sometimes against us. Same for University of Memphis and most teams around the Country. D burg did play about as good as they can, glad they tested DC, everyone will from here on out will. Hope D burg keeps on getting better and shows something in the tournament.