OS-Clarkrange

goosevol

Not so fast my friend, Clarkrange faired pretty well this summer against Wilson Central, Shelbyville, and several others. So, I do believe they could play with any team at any level and they would be contenders.

Clarkrange would easily be a top 10 team in AAA.

They would be a favorite to win AA.

Jackson County and Oliver Springs were two of the top AA programs before moving to A. Jackson County was probably the best team in Tennessee a couple times during their AA state championship runs.

They were ranked in the USA today top 25. It's comical to see someone say Class A teams can't compete against the other classifications. Just look at some of the teams OS, Clarkrange, and JC have beaten in the last 3 years.

Really stupid comment. Sorry but really stupid. Clarkrange has already beaten Shelbyville and Wilson Central this year, is ranked number 2 in the state overall in one poll and number 6 overall in another. These polls are in all classes. They are also nationally ranked. They routinely beat AAA schools. When they have played Upperman they have beaten them regularly as well. To say you don't know your A from a hole in the ground would be a total understatement. Your comment ranks as the dumbest I've ever read at this site and that's going a long way.

We'll just have to disagree, and I'll have to be ignorant in all of you Lady Buffalo faithful's minds. Do you people attend every CR game and every OS game? Come on now, do you really believe CR would beat Upperman or Marshall County...much less Wilson Central? I see AAA Cumberland County and AA Stone Memorial on the CR schedule. Where is Wilson Central, Shelbyville, etc.? Camp doesn't mean crap.

What was said was they wouldn't win AA and wouldn't be at the top of AAA. I never said they couldn't compete in those classifications. They'd win their fair share in either of those classes this year, but they wouldn't be getting any gold in my opinion.

Good luck to the Lady Buffalo faithful. It has to be wonderful living in that undefeated fantasy land. Don't let Jim rob you of another title.

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Not only compete but they could win the state in AA. Their record against Upperman is 52-10 by the way and I assure you none of the AA schools want CR on their schedule. Both CR and JC can compete and win at any level in this state. If you knew as much as you think you do you'd at least know that.

Oh yea, and again, CR is currently ranked #2 overall in the state in one poll (over your beloved Oak Ridge, Wilson Central, etc., etc.) and #6 overall in another so those that know much more than you know the talent that exists in Class A. You go to one game and you think you know something.

We'll just have to disagree, and I'll have to be ignorant in all of you Lady Buffalo faithful's minds. Do you people attend every CR game and every OS game? Come on now, do you really believe CR would beat Upperman or Marshall County...much less Wilson Central? I see AAA Cumberland County and AA Stone Memorial on the CR schedule. Where is Wilson Central, Shelbyville, etc.? Camp doesn't mean crap.

What was said was they wouldn't win AA and wouldn't be at the top of AAA. I never said they couldn't compete in those classifications. They'd win their fair share in either of those classes this year, but they wouldn't be getting any gold in my opinion.

Good luck to the Lady Buffalo faithful. It has to be wonderful living in that undefeated fantasy land. Don't let Jim rob you of another title.

No one has said they are the best team ever, and no one has put down OS or any other team to prove a point. I am not even saying being undefeated is certain, too much basketball left. But to say that CR couldn't compete in these other classes this year is assinine and you know it. Your right, camp doesn't mean much most of the time. So I won't bring that up. But I do know for a fact the CR wasn't let into the Cookeville tournament this year (first since its been going on), won a pretty good tournament up in Kentucky, and several AAA and AA wouldn't schedule CR this year. Not saying we would beat them, but just saying Lamar was wanting some better competition to prepare the girls for the tournament. I would have liked to of seen those games. Also thanks for the hospitality the other night.

It sounds as if someone has a strong dislike for Clarkrange and I am not even a Clarkrange fan.

I would take Clarkrange over Upperman and without question believe Clarkrange would be one of the top 5 teams in AAA. Sure Clarkrange would lose a couple of games if they were allowed to play a tough AAA schedule, but like many AAA elite teams who lose a couple, they would be in the mix for the state championship at the end of the season.

Would the be the favorite? Probably not- Who knows? Would the be in the mix? Absolutely.

Clarkrange and Jackson County would not only compete but would win most of their games no matter who the competition was. JC routinely beats AAA and AA schools that go to the state and so does CR. Not only are they as talented as ANY team in the state they have two KEY INGREDIENTS that most of the other schools DO NOT HAVE! That is COACHING my friend. Jim Brown and Lamaar Rodgers are two of the best coaches not only in this state but in high school basketball nation wide! They don't need the best "talent" to win they will beat you because they will out execute you and play shut down defense. Their teams will take away what you do best so you will have to make adjustments and when you adjust they adjust. Thats why JC is able to beat teams like Shelbyville when they are ranked #1 in the NATION and on NATIONAL TV "Dateline NBC". Thats why none of the larger schools want to play them because they know they will most likely get beat and when the school is a much smaller school it doesn't look good on a coaches resume. Make no mistake about it CR and JC would be right there in ANY classification. JC has already beaten Cookeville twice this year, rather easily both times, and they are assured of no worse than a tie for 1st in District 7AAA. They lost a very close game against Riverdale with TWO STARTERS OUT WITH INJURIES!!!! So before you get on here running your mouth, as Devilfanatic would say, GET YOUR FACTS STRAIGHT!!!!

Clarkrange and Jackson County would not only compete but would win most of their games no matter who the competition was. JC routinely beats AAA and AA schools that go to the state and so does CR. Not only are they as talented as ANY team in the state they have two KEY INGREDIENTS that most of the other schools DO NOT HAVE! That is COACHING my friend. Jim Brown and Lamaar Rodgers are two of the best coaches not only in this state but in high school basketball nation wide! They don't need the best "talent" to win they will beat you because they will out execute you and play shut down defense. Their teams will take away what you do best so you will have to make adjustments and when you adjust they adjust. Thats why JC is able to beat teams like Shelbyville when they are ranked #1 in the NATION and on NATIONAL TV "Dateline NBC". Thats why none of the larger schools want to play them because they know they will most likely get beat and when the school is a much smaller school it doesn't look good on a coaches resume. Make no mistake about it CR and JC would be right there in ANY classification. JC has already beaten Cookeville twice this year, rather easily both times, and they are assured of no worse than a tie for 1st in District 7AAA. They lost a very close game against Riverdale with TWO STARTERS OUT WITH INJURIES!!!! So before you get on here running your mouth, as Devilfanatic would say, GET YOUR FACTS STRAIGHT!!!!

I like it!!! Preach on brother!! /popcorneater.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":popcorneater:" border="0" alt="popcorneater.gif" />

Kelli Reed is an amazing player. While many of you discount camp, what she dd against other top guards in the state during camp cannot be discounted. She seems to have an excellent bball IQ & does what's best for her team to win. Clarkrange could play with several of the top teams in the state.

Well done.

Also, let's not forget Oliver Springs beat Knox Webb Last year by 10 points when the Lady Spartans were ranked #17 in the USA today.

clarkrange and jc have proven without a doubt they can compete at any level, I know the only teams jc has played in class a is OS except district games this year. Clarkrange plays a tough schedule and hasn't been beat.A few years ago Jc defeated c'range, livingston and shelbyville and they were state champs for all 3 classes. So to say they can't compete is wrong.I believe the reason is defense, Now I'll be first to admit on the boys side is much differant, most a teams can't compete at aaa level but upper cumberland girls have and can.

Not only compete but they could win the state in AA. Their record against Upperman is 52-10 by the way and I assure you none of the AA schools want CR on their schedule. Both CR and JC can compete and win at any level in this state. If you knew as much as you think you do you'd at least know that.

Oh yea, and again, CR is currently ranked #2 overall in the state in one poll (over your beloved Oak Ridge, Wilson Central, etc., etc.) and #6 overall in another so those that know much more than you know the talent that exists in Class A. You go to one game and you think you know something.

No one has said they are the best team ever, and no one has put down OS or any other team to prove a point. I am not even saying being undefeated is certain, too much basketball left. But to say that CR couldn't compete in these other classes this year is assinine and you know it. Your right, camp doesn't mean much most of the time. So I won't bring that up. But I do know for a fact the CR wasn't let into the Cookeville tournament this year (first since its been going on), won a pretty good tournament up in Kentucky, and several AAA and AA wouldn't schedule CR this year. Not saying we would beat them, but just saying Lamar was wanting some better competition to prepare the girls for the tournament. I would have liked to of seen those games. Also thanks for the hospitality the other night.

Clarkrange has size that a lot of A teams lack. I think they would be able to compete in AA and AAA due to the size they have. You don't come across many teams that have two girls over 6 foot that could both me nominated for Miss Basketball in Molly Heady and Tasha Phillips.

It sounds as if someone has a strong dislike for Clarkrange and I am not even a Clarkrange fan.

I would take Clarkrange over Upperman and without question believe Clarkrange would be one of the top 5 teams in AAA. Sure Clarkrange would lose a couple of games if they were allowed to play a tough AAA schedule, but like many AAA elite teams who lose a couple, they would be in the mix for the state championship at the end of the season.

Would the be the favorite? Probably not- Who knows? Would the be in the mix? Absolutely.

Kelli Reed is an amazing player. While many of you discount camp, what she dd against other top guards in the state during camp cannot be discounted. She seems to have an excellent bball IQ & does what's best for her team to win. Clarkrange could play with several of the top teams in the state.

Bri, a very accurate statement in that Kelli Reed has an excellent bball IQ and does what's best for her team to win. Solid player.

News flash...Cookeville is going nowhere but home quickly in the region. Keep basking in the glow of those wins though. They are quality wins, but it doesn't mean you'd win Class AAA.

Upperman would beat CR because they're so much better at the guard spots. CR would junk Upperman defensively, but CR would struggle to play at Upperman's pace. Dyer would limit the big girls somewhat, and CR would just have no answer for Davis. Rogers is a much better coach than McWilliams, so he'd try to slow the pace to keep his squad in it. Upperman wins by at least 10 though. Hey that impressive 52-10 record against Upperman doesn't mean crap this year. I'm not that sold on Upperman either. I think McWilliams should have them playing at a higher level than they are. Sloppy play will cost you gold in the end. But Upperman would still handle CR by 10 or so. The game is just played much faster/quicker at the higher levels.

Unless they've grown during the season, Phillips and Heady are not more than 6-foot tall. They might be 5-11. Don't exaggerate. Where is Tasha playing college ball?

You people go to all of your beloved CR and OS games and don't get out enough to see high-quality basketball. Those CR and OS programs are great. I have a lot of respect for the programs and those coaches. But to believe they're going to win the state in any classification this year is just living in your land of make believe.

I've been to more than one CR game. CR didn't exactly beat up on Kentucky's best in the LIS tournament that they won. The LIS is a well-run and fun tournament to attend. It has a big feel to it. But I was told by people at the LIS that the best teams in Kentucky were 20 minutes up the road playing in a tournament at Greenwood High School in Bowling Green. Kentucky girls basketball isn't that good anyway.

Again, I wish you all luck the rest of the way. The whole state wants JC, OS and CR to all be in Murfreesboro.