LC knocks off Maryville @ Maryville

blackanddecker

• Replies 12
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Right now, it looks like Lenior City is the second best team in the district with back-to-back wins agaist Farragut and Maryville. Coach Wells and his team have really improved this year. I guess that, if things go as expected, Lenior City will still be fourth in the district with Farragut second and Maryville third. The fight for 2-4 in the tournament wll be interesting. I haven't seen Central play this year, but any of the district 4 teams going to the region should be able to beat their opponent (with the possible exception of the match-up with Central). With Beaden so strong, it will be an advantage to finist second or fourth in the district tournament.

it was a good game.. Maryville missed a BUNCH of free throws the whole game.

and didn't even get a shot up at the end of the game to tie it..

well does anyone know how many Tyler Hood had? and Dylan Powers?

congrats to coach Wells and L.C. good win and yes pretty good coaching.as i said before tyler hood is the best player in 3a ball right now,with what he has to work with he gets it done every time,powers just cant play well against good gaurds,the same thing happened against farragut,if you leave him by himself he can hit 70%,but as we all know the better teams have good gaurds that can play defense,if he was six feet tall and a little quicker he would be dangerous!good luck in the tourneys!

Here is the real question. In the district tournament, does the teams playing for 3rd place try and throw the game, so they will be opposite of Bearden in the Region tourney? Lets be honest, Bearden will win the District Tourney, and everyone wants to be opposite of Bearden in the region so they will still have a chance of making it to state.

LC got the job done. They are a good team.

This is a classic example of looking past your opponent and not taking them serioiusly. I was told that during pre-game warm ups in the auxilery gym there was alot of goofing off. I understand Click had a rather spirited conversation after the game saying, "That's what happens when you don't take the game serioius!"

I bet we take Oak Ridge serioius tonight.

Maryville played poorly. Click was off his mark, and Reynolds wasn't much of a force down low. Hood muscled Jay around on the block. Good win for LC. Tough district loss for an 18-6 Maryville. Should be a good match up in the district tourney assuming they meet.

Last time I checked Click had 19 points. That's pretty good for a player that is "off his mark". Don't take anything away from LC they played a great game, and took Maryville out of what they like to do. Either way it was a big win for LC.