Flu

PHargis

For those of you who don't know, and it is Tournament Time, there is a strain of flu going around that Flu Shots do not help. Many teams and players are getting sideswiped by the bug. Be careful and be flu free during Tournament time.

Some athletes play better when they're sick (i.e. Michael Jordan). Which is amusing. But most don't. Why don't the flu shots help?

Some athletes play better when they're sick (i.e. Michael Jordan). Which is amusing. But most don't. Why don't the flu shots help?

New strains of the flu come out every year and the shot is not effective with certain strains...I have been the only one in my family to NOT get a flu shot in the last 3 yrs......and knock on wood....I'm the ONLY one who hasn't gotten some type of flu.....go figure /rolleyes.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":rolleyes:" border="0" alt="rolleyes.gif" />

New strains of the flu come out every year and the shot is not effective with certain strains...I have been the only one in my family to NOT get a flu shot in the last 3 yrs......and knock on wood....I'm the ONLY one who hasn't gotten some type of flu.....go figure /rolleyes.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":rolleyes:" border="0" alt="rolleyes.gif" />

Correct. I get a flu shot every year and have had the flu twice this year.

Stay about 500' from me! this stuff its the pits! /blink.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":blink:" border="0" alt="blink.gif" />

I had the Hong Cong asian Flu strain about 30 years ago. I was in bed with this stuff for 10 days before I could even sit up to eat. Nastiest stuff I ever had. They tell me you body builds a natural resistance for these strains and that you want get that same one again. I don't know if thats true but I can tell you I have never had the flu again. MMMMMMMMM! I wonder if i could sell my blood on ebay? LOL!

I had the Hong Cong asian Flu strain about 30 years ago. I was in bed with this stuff for 10 days before I could even sit up to eat. Nastiest stuff I ever had. They tell me you body builds a natural resistance for these strains and that you want get that same one again. I don't know if thats true but I can tell you I have never had the flu again. MMMMMMMMM! I wonder if i could sell my blood on ebay? LOL!

MMMMMMMMMM, post to CoachT, you might sell it on here.

After looking on the Center For Disease Control web site based out of Atlanta, who keeps tabs on all reported cases of flu nationwide, I can safely state there is some flu in Tennessee. The good news is among 5-18 year olds, the rate of flu is so low that it barely can be seen at the bottom of the chart. Instead, there have been some respiratory viral infections around some parts of the state. This is not the flu. Before deciding to give up the flu shot, speak with your doctor, it seems to be pretty effective for the majority of people who receive it. And even if you catch the flu, it probably will be a less severe case. One other note, the flu shot is different every year in an effort to combat the constant new strains that appear. PSS the flu and complications from the flu claimed many victims most of whom were the very old or children in the US during 2007-2208 flu season. Some cases resulted in death. The Center for Disease Control in Atlanta estimates between 20,000-40,000 deaths attributed to flu and or complications from the flu each year in the US. Very important to seek medical advice only when deciding for or against flu shot.