portland panther baseball 2009

seymourbutts1

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

seymourbutts1

what are you going to say about the guy when he replaces both your boys. Are you still going to praise the savior of portland baseball or will you (and the rest of hickville) finally figure out that portland just does not have the same type players that they are competing against. Like someone said earlier they have not been able to compete in any sport (maybe volleyball, skateboarding, and table hockey) but it is not the coaches. Danny Thompson did a good job with what he had to play with. Correct me if im wrong but portland didnt have any 1 go pro or sign a college scholarship last year. Same with this new guy (jimmy boy) he will try to do the best with what he has and most of the time it not going to be the same as what they are playing against. So unless barry bonds comes to portland and gets them on his plan, portland will continue to struggle. seymourbutts1 you will have to continue to support portland when they go 0-fer in the district again. fbcoach4 (jimmy boy) (his dad, best friend from boyd) or whoever you are dont build yourself/your son/your boy up to be the best High School coach around / you only setting yourself up to fail. All you need to say is you are going to try and to the best with the hand you were dealt. portland college st. champs 09'

seymourbutts1

what are you going to say about the guy when he replaces both your boys. Are you still going to praise the savior of portland baseball or will you (and the rest of hickville) finally figure out that portland just does not have the same type players that they are competing against. Like someone said earlier they have not been able to compete in any sport (maybe volleyball, skateboarding, and table hockey) but it is not the coaches. Danny Thompson did a good job with what he had to play with. Correct me if im wrong but portland didnt have any 1 go pro or sign a college scholarship last year. Same with this new guy (jimmy boy) he will try to do the best with what he has and most of the time it not going to be the same as what they are playing against. So unless barry bonds comes to portland and gets them on his plan, portland will continue to struggle. seymourbutts1 you will have to continue to support portland when they go 0-fer in the district again. fbcoach4 (jimmy boy) (his dad, best friend from boyd) or whoever you are dont build yourself/your son/your boy up to be the best High School coach around / you only setting yourself up to fail. All you need to say is you are going to try and to the best with the hand you were dealt. portland college st. champs 09'

Friday night lights is their a big difference in the kids now and the 2002 kids that went to state in baseball. How big of a difference is it their cant be much

seymourbutts1

thanks for opinion thats incredibly insane and uncalled for. danny thompson was a great coach, but the last couple years was burnt out. he has moved on and i have great respect for him. coach parker is turning this around. they got beat by white house both times but were competing. dont comment on something u have no idea about. ptwon is going through a transition. and half of this i have no idea what u are talking about. so just shut ur mouth, get some facts, and come watch the boys play.

OK you are a bigger school than WHHS so you should have more athletes (players) than they do, Not the case. If you think getting beat by 5, 6, 10 runs is competing then I guess we are competing, again not the case. Baseball is different from basketball and football, in that you don't have to have the biggest, fastest, strongest, and most talented player to play it. Baseball (like golf) is just not a very physical sport and if you can catch, throw, and make a little contact than you should be successful (once more not the case at phs). Teams go thorough cycles and right now phs is just in one of those slumps and will probably be in one for the next 7, 8, 10 years or so. Unless phs somehow splits into two different schools than I do not see a lot changing. My advise baseball dad is to tell your sons to go out there and do their best and make daddy proud. And maybe you could tell them that old cliche it doesn't matter if your black or white. No wait that's not it, maybe its this one, it doesn't matter if win or lose its how you play the game that counts. (Vince Lombardi would roll over in his grave if he heard that) So (seemore butts) i say to you that you are the delusional one that thinks just because your sons are on the team and playing, that this year will be different( must I say it again? NOT THE CASE!)

OK you are a bigger school than WHHS so you should have more athletes (players) than they do, Not the case. If you think getting beat by 5, 6, 10 runs is competing then I guess we are competing, again not the case. Baseball is different from basketball and football, in that you don't have to have the biggest, fastest, strongest, and most talented player to play it. Baseball (like golf) is just not a very physical sport and if you can catch, throw, and make a little contact than you should be successful (once more not the case at phs). Teams go thorough cycles and right now phs is just in one of those slumps and will probably be in one for the next 7, 8, 10 years or so. Unless phs somehow splits into two different schools than I do not see a lot changing. My advise baseball dad is to tell your sons to go out there and do their best and make daddy proud. And maybe you could tell them that old cliche it doesn't matter if your black or white. No wait that's not it, maybe its this one, it doesn't matter if win or lose its how you play the game that counts. (Vince Lombardi would roll over in his grave if he heard that) So (seemore butts) i say to you that you are the delusional one that thinks just because your sons are on the team and playing, that this year will be different( must I say it again? NOT THE CASE!)

i play baseball and golf at phs. and we can play both. i was a part of two district championship golf teams in my four years. and baseball is highly improved. did u come and watch last night? jo byrns beat up on us last year 9-2 and last night the panthers didnt have their bats going but pitching and defense was the key and they came out on top by shutting them out 5-0. they play hend. tonight.

im a senior at phs by the way. nice guess tho! ha ha ha idiot.

FNL - I don't think I am building anybody up, just giving you some background information about Coach Parker. Some of you seem like you did not know where he came from or what he had achieved before showing up at Portland. He did a very good job at Boyd with what he had to work with. Given time, I feel he can do the same at Portland. Your right, it might take 7, 8, 10 years before Portland is where they want to be, but I promise you, the people at Boyd never believed that they would be winning District and Region Championships, going to Sub-State in BASEBALL. Boyd was a huge basketball school in the mid 80's to mid 90's. Then it turned into, and still is, a huge football school. Baseball was actually the fifth sport considered there with soccer and softball. Baseball there got no respect, and yes Jimmy boy made them into a very respectable BASEBALL program throughout the Chattanooga area.

Given time, he will be able to do what he did for Boyd at Portland. He is passionate about the sport and only wants the best for Portland.

And no I'm not his daddy. I am however, a good friend of his in Chattanooga that coaches at a Public school. I respect what he did for Boyd. You should not hate because he has guys that will support him and go to bat for him. He is a great guy, you might want to get to know him.

Good Luck Portland Panthers!

fbcoach I have said nothing about jimmy boys inability to coach only that no matter who is there it will be difficult to compete in any sport. But he may not get the time he needs to turn it around (herd the FB coach got fired after only 3 years, and had no support from the principal). Just saying if they had bobby cox they would still struggle.

Seemorebutts (BG) All of this is beyond your control. You can only play with what or with whom you have.

BG why would say that phs would finish 3rd in district before season started? That is whats wrong at phs. The players (like BG) think that the best they can do is not get last in the district. If I could play, my mind set would always be to win it all and go undefeated. But thats my mind set and i would do everything in my power to make sure it got done. Thats whats wrong with phs the "athletes" want to talk about changing things but nobody does anything thing about it. If you continue doing the same things that do not work what makes you think the end result will change? So Until attitudes, work ethic, commitment, and want too changes the end result will always be not to finish last in what ever sport you are "competing" in. phs- champs of red boiling bowl 09' and Jo Burns hickville bowl 09' Next in line; school of blind bowl( I know yall can win that one, but GOOD LUCK)

fbcoach I have said nothing about jimmy boys inability to coach only that no matter who is there it will be difficult to compete in any sport. But he may not get the time he needs to turn it around (herd the FB coach got fired after only 3 years, and had no support from the principal). Just saying if they had bobby cox they would still struggle.

Seemorebutts (BG) All of this is beyond your control. You can only play with what or with whom you have.

BG why would say that phs would finish 3rd in district before season started? That is whats wrong at phs. The players (like BG) think that the best they can do is not get last in the district. If I could play, my mind set would always be to win it all and go undefeated. But thats my mind set and i would do everything in my power to make sure it got done. Thats whats wrong with phs the "athletes" want to talk about changing things but nobody does anything thing about it. If you continue doing the same things that do not work what makes you think the end result will change? So Until attitudes, work ethic, commitment, and want too changes the end result will always be not to finish last in what ever sport you are "competing" in. phs- champs of red boiling bowl 09' and Jo Burns hickville bowl 09' Next in line; school of blind bowl( I know yall can win that one, but GOOD LUCK)

So Friday Night lights what is the big difference in the 2001 and 2002 baseball team and now? what did they have that no other baseball has had in Portland in the past. Or can anybody answer that for me.

hendersonville 7 phs 2. games for this week: tuesday @ greenbrier, thursday vs. greenbrier, friday vs franklin simpson, saturday vs hendersonville. go panthers!

what is ur problem with phs? this thread is to inform not to bash.