District Top Dogs

Guest Cman

greetings,

im new to coachT and havn't acquired vast knowledge of anything out of district 3 a. I was wondering what YOU think the hands down top team in your district and class is. thanks.

• Replies 13
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Heath123

I think that Chattanooga Christian will be the team to beat in District 6-a but i dont think it will be as easy for them as it has benn. I think that Tennessee Temple will have a good chance to win the State this year

Posted by Cman:

greetings,

im new to coachT and havn't acquired vast knowledge of anything out of district 3 a. I was wondering what YOU think the hands down top team in your district and class is. thanks.

Hume-Fogg out of district 8AA is going to be fighting for the top spot in their district. They have a very good team and have potential to go far in post season play. Last Year they went to semifinals in their region and they are better this year.

Guest TheAfterMath

Christian will once again be the team to beat out of 6A, as they always are, but any chances of them making it much further than that are slim because of their lack of intelligent coaching. They've always had some of the best talent around but it seems like year in and year out, they're held back by their coaching (besides the year they won state, in which the had two all-staters and an all-american).

CCS Basketball is and always will be considered one of the best programs in the state. Coach Salters is an excellent coach. I have always enjoyed coaching against him. His teams are well prepared and always ready to play. The Temple and CCS game this year will be a great one. Hang in there coach Salters you have my respect. ;)

Posted by Cman:

greetings,

District 3A will be a close race this year

between Cosby & Greenback. Greenback beat

Cosby twice last year during the regular season

but made a quick exit at tourny time. Both

teams have there key players returning...

Go Eagles...!!!

Posted by Cman:

greetings,

Hello, I know District 12a will be a run between Perry Co. Last Years District tournment winners and Region winners. And Santa fe, Who placed 4th in the district tournment and 2nd in the region behind Perry Co. But dont count out any of the other teams in this district, They are all tough teams. Does anyone have any info on any other 12a teams that they would like to share?

• 2 weeks later...

region 6a will be very competitive this year. with CCS and Temple and Boyd it should be exciting. A big loss to Temple was Jeron Williams. I know Skogan and Wadley got all the credit and attention, but Williams was a play maker. Alot of times he would be the one to get Wadley his shots by driving and kicking it out to Wadley. Alot of times he would drive and stink the defense in and get Skogan an easy 2 points. He deserved more credit than he got last year, but he's gone now. I don't think Temple will struggle with out him there, but i do think they will feel his presents not known.

Posted by CosbyEagle:
Posted by Cman:

greetings,

District 3A will be a close race this year

between Cosby & Greenback. Greenback beat

Cosby twice last year during the regular season

but made a quick exit at tourny time. Both

teams have there key players returning...

Go Eagles...!!!

"Quick Exit"? what is that crap? cosbyeagle, you played one more game then Greenback. so i guess you made a quick exit to right? and if wasnt for my boy McGaha, Cosby would be NO CONTEST.

"Quick Exit"? what is that crap? cosbyeagle, you played one more game then Greenback. so i guess you made a quick exit to right? and if wasnt for my boy McGaha, Cosby would be NO CONTEST.

Sorry, you're wrong....You were two and out(after being the favorite coming in). We won the district tournament

then won our 1st game at the region. Then we lost to the home team Sunbright. That's 3 more games. Also that meant we were ONE GAME away from playing for another trip to the state tourny.

If you guys make it this year, I can give you directions.

Have YOU ever been??, it's a lot of fun...

And you're right, McGaha is the man but Cosby is loaded

with talent with or without him....see you Jan. 10th

[Edited by CosbyEagle on 9-25-02 4:18P]

15 A

1. South Fulton / Greenfield - Toss up; S. Fulton has talent and coaching and have been there. Greenfield is very deep and talented as well as being well coached but have not got it done yet.

3. Dresden - Will be improved

4. Gleason - Will compete hard but not as talented

16 A

1. Halls / Trenton - both very talented. Halls has top 4 scorers back from state tourny team. Trenton is very athletic and have size, experience.

3. Mitchell - who knows? most overall athletic ability and who knows who will be on team this year with transfer rules in Memphis. Could be most dominating team in all of region or middle of the pack.

4. Lake County - athletic, but still young; I'm sure there will be a transfer or two who could push them ahead.

5. Bradford - not much without Russell. Could be long year

6. Middle College - new team to district; no info