Scrimmages this week (2/16)

BigG

I'd say i have one boy doing most of the talking and i can sort him out. But I heard it started last week from your camp. Doesn't really matter, they are high school boys who still have a lot of maturity to gain. You won't hear anything more from my kids. I appreciate you letting me know. Good luck next week with HVA and OR.

I got mine in check too! And after practicing, now I know the whole story it was definately both ways. Hope all is well we already are fighting the injury bug.

• Replies 37
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Heard Carter tied Lenoir City 1-1... don't know any more details than that.

Mark Sherrod scored Carter's goal on Lenoir City's back-up keeper. Juan Granados scored Lenoir City's goal. Fairly evenly matched squads, but I'd say Lenoir City had the run of play as most of the game was played in Carter's half of the field.

Was supposed to be on the 20th both teams had school functions affecting the date so we choose to move it up.

With that said Mo. West has alot of players who have played together for a while you can tell. Very solid squad! Very talented center midfielder ( Nathan Zitt maybe...). I believe it was 2-0 in less than 6 minutes.

To combine the way they did all night with 3 days of practice must be nice. The Seymour boys have some work to do for sure but definately saw some good things from some young players, and looking for some others to step up for some talented we players lost.

Definately a humbling experience early on in the year!

We will go back to work for a week and a half and see what Hardin Valley and Oakridge can help us with.

Its Daniel Zitt not Nathan

Farragut 3

CAK 0

2-0 at half, then Farragut got a third late in the second. Both teams worked a whole bunch of line ups. While the score wasn't something I "enjoyed" you have to take these for what they are for, which is to see how your players play in different positions, and to see how your young guys play against good teams. Both teams had highlights and things they could work on. Farragut put the ball in the net, and we didn't (obviously). We had some good looks off of set plays and corners, but not nearly as many as I would have liked in the flow of the game.

One of my younger players commented on how fast Farragut plays. This is why I play them, so that the guys can get a good view of the speed of the game.

Farragut is really good on counter attacks, attacking with numbers at a HIGH rate of speed, and also always having numbers back on defense.

I was very impressed with some of our new talent, and am encouraged by the older players gelling with them. For a first scrimmage, against a top team, I felt we had some good moments. Playing a team like Farragut definitely makes the things you need to work on show a lot more.

Maryville 2

Catholic 1

Thanks, G. That was a tough game to watch after training in the cold today. So yes, texting became a little difficult.

Got there after the start, but the group I was watching with (mix of catholic and maryville) agreed that catholic had the run of play the 1st 40, which is what I saw when watching. I noticed the Catholic was without Tyler or Ricardo. Don't know why. Didn't know if maryville was missing anyone of any significance or not. Second half was definitely to Maryville. Catholic had a few good looks as did maryville, but the run of play was definitely on the rebels side from my point of view. Catholic went up 1-0 on a PK by Luke Mishu. Maryville almost immediately respond with a goal from David Leftco (sp?). Same player scores again to put maryville up 2-1.

Just a scrimmage, but has to feel good for the rebels to bounce back after the PK. Both teams looked like numbers were down, not many subs, maybe someone else can fill in info on that. Both teams showed flashes that they are going to be good. I think most people expected catholic to be strong, especially when tyler and ricardo are in the mix. But maryville lost some studs and I didn't expect them to look this good so soon. Coach Feathers must be doing something right. I did hear about some 6 am workouts and 5 mile runs. Maybe I should bring those to Alcoa...............

Ricardo is actually not eligible to play. He is now to old. But Catholic was missing Spencer Payne who was sick with the flu and Michael Bonfini who got hurt during the football season and also as you said Tyler Gibson who has been suffering from a lingering injury. I hate to make excuses but Catholic did not have 3 of 6 playmakers tonight. But congrats to Maryville on coming back within the last 15 minutes.

Maryville 2

Catholic 1

Thanks, G. That was a tough game to watch after training in the cold today. So yes, texting became a little difficult.

Got there after the start, but the group I was watching with (mix of catholic and maryville) agreed that catholic had the run of play the 1st 40, which is what I saw when watching. I noticed the Catholic was without Tyler or Ricardo. Don't know why. Didn't know if maryville was missing anyone of any significance or not. Second half was definitely to Maryville. Catholic had a few good looks as did maryville, but the run of play was definitely on the rebels side from my point of view. Catholic went up 1-0 on a PK by Luke Mishu. Maryville almost immediately respond with a goal from David Leftco (sp?). Same player scores again to put maryville up 2-1.

Just a scrimmage, but has to feel good for the rebels to bounce back after the PK. Both teams looked like numbers were down, not many subs, maybe someone else can fill in info on that. Both teams showed flashes that they are going to be good. I think most people expected catholic to be strong, especially when tyler and ricardo are in the mix. But maryville lost some studs and I didn't expect them to look this good so soon. Coach Feathers must be doing something right. I did hear about some 6 am workouts and 5 mile runs. Maybe I should bring those to Alcoa...............

Have to agree on assessment of game. Tale of two halfs. Catholic in 1st half and Maryville in second. Well played game with lot of passing to be so cold and 1st scrimmage. Maryville is missing a top Junior player with injury as well as Senior rolled ankle early in game so Catholic wasn't only one missing players. Injuries part of game.