How does 5A look this year?

catchandthrow

Oh, now it's 4 not 3 innings! All I know is that he was out there at the beginning and he was there in the last inning. Maybe he disappeared in the middle somewhere. I agree that these scrimmage games are not a true measurement of a teams ability.... I was merely pointing out that you were exaggerating about playing time. Hey, if it makes you feel better then type away! Hope both teams have a productive, safe season!

Thanks for your sarcasm. I appreciate it. I did not say he played 3 then 4 innings. I said CSAS starters (meaning 8 position players that will be starting together on Monday) played 3 innings together. Thats not to say a starter wasn't still on the field. In fact I said Phillips played 4 innings and not at the end b/c he didn't play at the end! He would tell you he didn't as well. What's the purpose of exagerating it? I was very factual in stating the weaknesses and strengths of both teams and of CSAS in particular. Does sarcasm make you feel as good as typing makes me feel? Or am I now being sarcastic? Really meant no harm- All these single A teams are in the same boat. I was "merely pointing it out."

• Replies 148
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thanks for your sarcasm. I appreciate it. I did not say he played 3 then 4 innings. I said CSAS starters (meaning 8 position players that will be starting together on Monday) played 3 innings together. Thats not to say a starter wasn't still on the field. In fact I said Phillips played 4 innings and not at the end b/c he didn't play at the end! He would tell you he didn't as well. What's the purpose of exagerating it? I was very factual in stating the weaknesses and strengths of both teams and of CSAS in particular. Does sarcasm make you feel as good as typing makes me feel? Or am I now being sarcastic? Really meant no harm- All these single A teams are in the same boat. I was "merely pointing it out."

You said, and I quote "BTW CSAS starters only played 3 innings in that scrimmage" and I knew for a fact that that wasn't true....just pointed that out. I am not going to waste anymore time arguing w/ you, it's not that important! Please tell Phillips I hope he does well at Chatt State next year!!!

• 2 weeks later...

hahahahahahahahahahahahaaaaa......... oh you were serious? /blink.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":blink:" border="0" alt="blink.gif" /> /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" /> /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" /> /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" />

DB took Grace to the woodshed yesterday...

DB took Grace to the woodshed yesterday...

It was 0-0 in the fifth against Grace's freshman pitcher and one error with two outs opened it up for you. DB did win and earned it but I don't know about a woodshed. I'll still tip my hat to them but wasn't that impressed with whole team. They have 2-3 guys that can really play, one being a pitcher that the team relys on. He is a good pitcher who pitched great against Grace but I don't know how far they can go with just him.

It was 0-0 in the fifth against Grace's freshman pitcher and one error with two outs opened it up for you. DB did win and earned it but I don't know about a woodshed. I'll still tip my hat to them but wasn't that impressed with whole team. They have 2-3 guys that can really play, one being a pitcher that the team relys on. He is a good pitcher but I don't know how far they can go with just him.

I don't have a dog in the fight...I just remembered that post I quoted above as being worthy of revisiting when I saw the score...Grace is doing us all proud in the state tournament...

It was 0-0 in the fifth against Grace's freshman pitcher and one error with two outs opened it up for you. DB did win and earned it but I don't know about a woodshed. I'll still tip my hat to them but wasn't that impressed with whole team. They have 2-3 guys that can really play, one being a pitcher that the team relys on. He is a good pitcher who pitched great against Grace but I don't know how far they can go with just him.

a win is a win no matter who is there. All this message board is for is for Grace coaches/parents to get on here to make excuses why grace loss games. Im tired of it. Grace is getting where they are over rating in every sport.. Yes they were good the past couple of years in every sports but the talent level is going down there. Sorry boys DB takes 5A.

a win is a win no matter who is there. All this message board is for is for Grace coaches/parents to get on here to make excuses why grace loss games. Im tired of it. Grace is getting where they are over rating in every sport.. Yes they were good the past couple of years in every sports but the talent level is going down there. Sorry boys DB takes 5A.

I've taken nothing away from their win. I said they earned it. So easy there T4Life, all I said was they didn't look that impressive outside of a couple guys. One pitcher just shut Grace down. We also looked not so great obviously. DB is much improved then years past and will not make 5a an easy win...I've never said Grace will be handed 5a, just feel that top 9 for Grace are better than top 9 for DB. Until you are there and watch both teams please don't take something said and trash a program by putting words in their mouth. And BTW, congrats on a great basketball season and the silver ball!

No excuses there 't4life', just facts.....First of all, Grace has done well in their division for more than a couple of years. We know that when you are on top that there is always someone there ready to knock you down. We have been more than happy to give everyone such aspirations and goals.....It keeps us working harder too. Secondly, DB won a good game the other night, but that was in no way a true measurement of Grace's teams ability. Grace has a young team this year and they are still working out the kinks. Not to mention that 2 of their best batters were not present neither was their pitcher. And last but not least, anything can happen in a baseball game....I guess we will see who wants it the most! Grace is looking forward to a good injury free baseball season for all the teams. See ya there!

DB has now taken Grace to the woodshed once and Silverdale twice this year. We (Temple) will be awful so Im not saying anything. But Im impressed by what DB has done this year and they are now in the drivers seat.

Woodshed, not hardly. How is getting beat 7-1 with a freshman pitching, playing first and without their 2 best hitters and their best pitcher? I hope DB is thinking like you, t4life..........cause the second game will be nothing like the first!