Clinton girls to beat OR this year ?

Guest bbinthehole

• Replies 23
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest NEVERDIE

This summer I played on the NIKE TEAM/Shelbyville Sport Shop with Angela Phillips who lives in Clinton but pays tuition to attend Oak Ridge, and I just wanted to inform you typical jealous Clinton people(everyone across the state knows yall are some haters) that Angela is NOT a traitor. She is probably the most loyal teammate I have ever had. She knows as well as anyone with any kind of sense that going to Oak Ridge High School was one of the best decisions that she could ever make. She has told me personally that the difference between Clinton and Oak Ridge is night and day and she would die if she had to go back to Clinton. She gots way too much love for the game to have stayed at Clinton and wasted four years. I also hear that the academics stink at Clinton and Angela is a hard worker who wanted to be prepared for academics and basketball in college which she knew wouldnt happen if she went to clinton. She has done things at Oak Ridge that yall know wouldnt have happened in Clinton...they already been to the state 2 times in her 3yrs and are going back this year! So all yall people need to stop hatin on my girl, Angela, and give her some props for being smarter than all yall (cause yall are still at clinton.) I mean dang, she did get an SEC scholarship!!! but wait-i guess she is a traitor because she is going to another state! YALL ARE TRIPPIN!

Guest bbinthehole
Posted by NEVERDIE:

This summer I played on the NIKE TEAM/Shelbyville Sport Shop with Angela Phillips who lives in Clinton but pays tuition to attend Oak Ridge, and I just wanted to inform you typical jealous Clinton people(everyone across the state knows yall are some haters) that Angela is NOT a traitor. She is probably the most loyal teammate I have ever had. She knows as well as anyone with any kind of sense that going to Oak Ridge High School was one of the best decisions that she could ever make. She has told me personally that the difference between Clinton and Oak Ridge is night and day and she would die if she had to go back to Clinton. She gots way too much love for the game to have stayed at Clinton and wasted four years. I also hear that the academics stink at Clinton and Angela is a hard worker who wanted to be prepared for academics and basketball in college which she knew wouldnt happen if she went to clinton. She has done things at Oak Ridge that yall know wouldnt have happened in Clinton...they already been to the state 2 times in her 3yrs and are going back this year! So all yall people need to stop hatin on my girl, Angela, and give her some props for being smarter than all yall (cause yall are still at clinton.) I mean dang, she did get an SEC scholarship!!! but wait-i guess she is a traitor because she is going to another state! YALL ARE TRIPPIN!

I am happy for Angela having a scholarship. We didn't hear about that in Clinton, cause we can't read. Angela lived and grew up in Clinton, attended and played ball at Clinton Middle, then decided with her parents she was too good to go to high school at Clinton, and would go to OR to get a scholarship. Now tell me, do you really think that she could not have done that at Clinton? If you really think that, then that is where we draw the line and agree to disagree. I say if you are good enough to go to the next level, you can do it at home. Laura Hall of OS is a good example.

Angela Phillips is a phenomenal Point guard and made a decision based on what is best for her future. She made that decision and that should be respected. without question, there are hard feeling by Clinton Athletic supporters concerning athletes crossing over to OR and sometimes AC, and understandably so. When Angela was at CMS as an eight grader CHS coaching was a huge quesiton mark and winning and improving the program was not seen as a vision. Shortly after Phillips and othersmade decisions to attend other schools, CLinton hired a birght energetic coach in TOny Lively Snyder a former Oliver Springs alum and Carson Newman player. She has made CLinton respectable with great young talent and has the Clinton program on the verge of competing with top notch teams. I dont think people should judge Phillips for looking after her best interests and attending ORHS. Yes, Hall decided to stay at OS and also Buley has stayed at South Doyle when these two could have gone elsewhere. Its an individual choice and should be repsected. In all threes case I believe it has worked out amazing for them. CLinton has young great talent, OR has been on the receiving end of Phillips brilliant PG play, so all parties involved sh9ould be happy with the decisions and future of all parties involved.

You know its kind of hard to establish a program when all the players that grew up in the clinton system go to oakridge thats why oakridge is so good... if clinton had all the players that they shouldve had for the past 5 years they would be the powerhouse that oakridge is but no thats not the case... i feel if an athlete is good enough the colleges will come, people get scholorships playing with horrible teams all the time... my point is with kids going to other schools from where they grew up its hard to get a good program up and running

Guest bbinthehole
Posted by OS91:

Angela Phillips is a phenomenal Point guard and made a decision based on what is best for her future. She made that decision and that should be respected. without question, there are hard feeling by Clinton Athletic supporters concerning athletes crossing over to OR and sometimes AC, and understandably so. When Angela was at CMS as an eight grader CHS coaching was a huge quesiton mark and winning and improving the program was not seen as a vision. Shortly after Phillips and othersmade decisions to attend other schools, CLinton hired a birght energetic coach in TOny Lively Snyder a former Oliver Springs alum and Carson Newman player. She has made CLinton respectable with great young talent and has the Clinton program on the verge of competing with top notch teams. I dont think people should judge Phillips for looking after her best interests and attending ORHS. Yes, Hall decided to stay at OS and also Buley has stayed at South Doyle when these two could have gone elsewhere. Its an individual choice and should be repsected. In all threes case I believe it has worked out amazing for them. CLinton has young great talent, OR has been on the receiving end of Phillips brilliant PG play, so all parties involved sh9ould be happy with the decisions and future of all parties involved.

Phillips and Frazier went to ORHS because they did not want to play under Coach Fragomeni. Frag resigned over the whole thing he felt so bad. It was all for the better as now Clinton has Coach Snyder and she has restored the program and it is getting better each year. Back to the original post, Clinton to beat OR this year in girls BB. I think it is a real possibility...

• 2 weeks later...
Posted by JimmyTheGent:

Personally I want to know that my teammates arent gonna sale out and cop out cause they are too afraid to stink it up and deal with what life gives you. This whole thing about education is a crock, you think she actually cares about education? I think that what was running through their "Oak Ridge Educated" minds was hey that would be cool or something. The real reason being not education, scholarship, or whatever else you over glorified punks think, was Coach Frag. Thats the real reason. Didnt want to play for Frag. What is that? That shows alot of class and pride. Anyways who cares? Boys basketball is all that matters and we all know whats gonna happen this year, you can go ahead and chalk up 3 loses for the Wildcats this year cause they arent touching the Dragons.

To show the difference between a true Clinton education and an Oak Ridge education, I will point out the following: 1) it is "sell" not sale; 2) contractions have apostrophes; and 3) "a lot" is two words. Maybe you should look into transferring to allow yourself the chance to go to college! :)

• 3 weeks later...

Didn't your mother teach you that "if you didn't have anything nice to say, then don't speak at all"!!! Clinton is a good school with good teachers. Being a rival doesn't require being trashy. That is great language for a young lady to use. The validity of anything you said was erased by your terrible language, grammar, spelling, and slang "jibberish". If you are an example of the Oak Ridge educational system, then they must be slipping. You are a shining example for Oak Ridge, your parents must be proud. Use better judgement, Oak Ridge is better than your words.

P.S.- I am also a proud graduate of Oak Ridge High School

That is really funny! Clinton beating O.R. in girls b-ball is funnier than them thinking they could beat O.R. in boys b-ball or football it just want happen. As far as players going to to O.R. from Clinton and other schools it happens alot. If O.R. played with players that were just zoned for O.R. they wouldn't have a gold ball. But they have built a good program that attracts good players and the TSSAA will not put their foot down when it comes to recuriting. Recuriting is out of control in the TSSAA.