Coaching Philosophy - Suspension Question

BDURHAM

Posted by inglewood:

why do people always use "lack of intellect" when someone posts in which someone else disagrees? I am positively sure that ohreally knows quite a lot about football. I am just sick of hearing people call each other stupid, or ignorant, or non-intellictual if the other persons opinion is not the same as yours. Its quite obvious that most people on here know a lot about football, just have a lot of difference in opinions. I would say thats an ignorant post, but I am not 10. Thanks.

Very mature finish there inglewood. Let me guess...11. The reason that ohreally's statement is not very smart has nothing to do with me agreeing or disagreeing with him. It has everything to do with him being 100% wrong!!! He answered a question regarding an accidental hit of a player by citing Woody Hayes. Sorry but that's just plain stu... OK, won't say it. Anyone who knows anything about football knows that he (Hayes)walked up and flat out slugged a guy. Great answer!!! His response just showed his lack of making an intellectual (didn't say stupid) answer to a very plain question. Better yet he defended it. And even better than that you're defending him!!! WOW!!!!!!!!!!!

:)

• Replies 15
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Kellraiser,

Again... You completely missed my point. So, I will explain it so just about anyone can understand.

The bottom line... It is irrelevant whether the action was an accident or intentional.

A) The coach threw the helmet

:) The helmet which was thrown by the coach hit a player

The only people who now have control over the situation are the school administration, the student and his parents, law enforcement, and lawyers. I am sure the coach did not mean to hit anyone and it is unfortunate that someone got hit.

Woody Hayes has nothing to do with it either... I threw that name in there because I knew someone from MENSA would question it.

Do you get it now?

By the way... You have told me volumes about your intellect when you resort to name calling because you don't like my argument.

[Edited by ohreally on 9-2-02 7:49P]

I would say this issue will go as far as the young man`s parent`s feel it should go. Like I said earlier, there is definitely a chance for a lawsuit in this matter. Afterall, whether it was an accident or not, the young man was injured and required medical attention because of the actions of the coach. Hopefully the matter will be settled soon. I still say it is awfully childish on the part of the coach to throw things. It should have never happened in the first place. What a sorry excuse to get a child`s attention. For those of you who have children of your own, I would ask if you start throwing things around your house in order to get your kid`s attention. I would hope not. I would be upset if my kids teachers acted in the same manner in a classroom. I have my own business and I don`t throw things around when i need to get an employess attention. What kind of respect can an adult possibly try to earn by throwing things around a room in front of a bunch of kids? Is that the way adults act? A coach is in the position to be a great influence on a kids life. Think of the image this might leave on any of those players. When they get married and get a home, have they learned to get attention of their spouse that they need to throw things around? I`ve coached youth baseball for over 10 years and if one of my players comes back to the dugout and throws a glove or helmet or a bat, then they might as well find them a shady spot on the bench. I don`t think that is proper behavior, so how much of a hypocrite would I be as a coach if I acted that way? All coaches and parent`s should lead by example.

Posted by ohreally:

Kellraiser,

Again... You completely missed my point. So, I will explain it so just about anyone can understand.

The bottom line... It is irrelevant whether the action was an accident or intentional.

A) The coach threw the helmet

:) The helmet which was thrown by the coach hit a player

The only people who now have control over the situation are the school administration, the student and his parents, law enforcement, and lawyers. I am sure the coach did not mean to hit anyone and it is unfortunate that someone got hit.

Woody Hayes has nothing to do with it either... I threw that name in there because I knew someone from MENSA would question it.

Do you get it now?

By the way... You have told me volumes about your intellect when you resort to name calling because you don't like my argument.

[Edited by ohreally on 9-2-02 7:49P]

You summed it up best. Woody Hayes has nothing to do with it. And by the way...when you're answer is off-base I will question you're intellect.

Here's another example...

It is very relevent if the coach did it on purpose or not. Do you think he would be in this county if he looked at Mario and just flung a helmet at him out of spite??? Well, I do have to the person posting on that one. PAR FOR THE COURSE!!!

Oh, by the way. Thanks for summarizing the event for the 100th time. It's not like I wasn't on the sideline when it first broke.

B)