Rules governing players during a time out

Judyinfinity

This player is Lauren March from Marshall County.

Don't know if this was her idea or her coach but it was very unsportsman like and certainly not the kind of behavior you'd expect from a Miss Basketball nominee.

I generally do not care what people have to say about Marshall County Tigerettes good or bad. But, when a GROWN person malaciously attacks my child then I have to reply. I was at the game that you are talking about as well as many other games Lauren has played in. It saddens me to know that you would personally attack Lauren's sportsmanship. Lauren has the utmost respect for her teammates, opponents, coaches, referees, and the fans. Lauren played some travel ball over the summer under Coach Barrett from Hickman County and with a Hickman Co. player so she respects him and his team.

She is a Miss Basketball nominee based on her character on the court and leadership. So you should be ashamed of yourself to bash her on this forum. I am confident and positive that Lauren did nothing unsportsmanlike against the Lady Bulldogs. We think that the Lady Bulldogs are a classy group of young ladies, good players with a good fan base. But, it is fans like yourself that show and bring classless and unsportsmanlike representation to this message board. Let the kids play the game and if you want to know TSSAA rules consult their website, manuals or TSSAA officials.

You obviously do not know Lauren because she is a class act on the court and off. You have a right to your opinion as I do mine. But, because Coach Barrett knows Coach West and Lauren on a personal level he would have said something to her if she had been in their huddle as you suggest. The timeout was over and she was defending the incoming pass near the Hickman County bench. That game is over and it is time to focus on the next opponent for all teams remaining. The Tigerettes are not concerned with who supports them while playing the game but they do know that they will win or lose with class, respect their opponent and keep their heads up. I hope that in the future GROWN people will refrain from using this message board for negative attacks against players. Hate the Tigerettes organization as you wish, but remember these as all players are young people playing the game they love. It is time for adults to be role models and not show negative disregard to individual players.

• Replies 13
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic