MBA Baylor Consolation Match: What Happened?

gonavy2

• Replies 18
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

For some reason, the table crews were leaving the period marker on 3 during overtime. It was a penalty point to the MBA wrestler, and since it was the first overtime period, that constituted a golden point and ended the bout.

Thanks, SilverPie, we were leaving for lunch, and I wanted to watch, and saw what looked like a stalling call on Watson with 30 seconds, and then he pulled off his headgear in disgust....didn't realize the overtime, and thought it was stalling, wonder what the penalty point was for?

Thanks, SilverPie, we were leaving for lunch, and I wanted to watch, and saw what looked like a stalling call on Watson with 30 seconds, and then he pulled off his headgear in disgust....didn't realize the overtime, and thought it was stalling, wonder what the penalty point was for?

From what I have noticed none of the clocks went to the fourth period.... not the tableworkers fault. As for the match, In overtime the Baylor kid swung a punch at MBA heavy..... the refs let it slide. Then he threw another punch and the ref called it. All of the Baylor fans/coaches were mad because the match had ended in favor of MBA

It was another of the unbelievable calls. The other wrestler was awarded a point for either a headgear grab (ala 215 lbs finals match) or for being to physical on the head snap. I saw the match and thought it was a horrible way to end a match in the state for third/fourth place.

man i would love to have your eye sight. you see everything better than even the ref who is right on top of the match

From what I have noticed none of the clocks went to the fourth period.... not the tableworkers fault. As for the match, In overtime the Baylor kid swung a punch at MBA heavy..... the refs let it slide. Then he threw another punch and the ref called it. All of the Baylor fans/coaches were mad because the match had ended in favor of MBA

This thread has gone far enough, and I think I should clear up all the confusion that everyone has.... especially govolscb21. First of all I will out myself. I am Tyler Watson's older brother, and I watched the match and the video of the match at least four times. After the match Tyler and I drove home together and he gave me a recap of what happened to end the match.

Throughout the whole match there was little offense tried by either wrestler. In the overtime period Tyler tried a throw by and attempted a snatch single before both wrestlers went off the mat. Tyler was then called for a very questionable stalling warning since Browner had not once tried to shoot or anything for that matter while in neutral position. At the restart Tyler tried again to do a throw by and then tried again when his arm slid inside of Browner's and Tyler's elbow caught Browner on the cheek in a very slow and glancing blow.

govolscb21, there was NEVER a single punch thrown and there definitely were not two punches thrown. So do not go around telling people that Tyler was throwing punches during a match. You definitely would have known if he was because Browner, even as big as he is, would have hit the mat if Tyler had punched him. Until you have the entire story do not go and try to put down the name of a high school kid and make him look like a dirty wrestler when that is definitely not the case. Tyler is a great kid and had a great career on the Baylor wrestling team and never did anything to deserve you trying to trash his name.

Reed Watson