District 3aa

bmunich

How many cards?

Maybe your perception of dirty could be anothers example of working hard and not being educated?

Was there a coach there? If not i am sure that has alot to do with it.

Did the berean seymour game get physically out of control at any point last year. No!

while i know i spoke of scores indoor is more irrelevant than scrimmages.

Just so you know Seymour's core players were not on the indoor team if that makes you feel any better. Most players played on their club teams in indoor! Those that did not play club or not like club team they were on played indoor together ( some just don't have the money to afford to play). Some of those boys have already quit this year I hear. and some did not even play soccer for the highschool team.

my son didnt play

At least 3

Maybe...in my opinion teams like Alcoa and Carter play physical, Seymour pushes it a little bit.

I don't know and it doesn't matter.

Look, I might have pushed it a little bit with the whole football comment...I was just responding to BigG's message about the Berean Seymour relations...and it's my first message of the season. I started this matter, now I'm dropping the issue. So let's move on.

By the way, are you really a ref? Did you ref a lot of the district 3 aa games?

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

At least 3

Maybe...in my opinion teams like Alcoa and Carter play physical, Seymour pushes it a little bit.

I don't know and it doesn't matter.

Look, I might have pushed it a little bit with the whole football comment...I was just responding to BigG's message about the Berean Seymour relations...and it's my first message of the season. I started this matter, now I'm dropping the issue. So let's move on.

By the way, are you really a ref? Did you ref a lot of the district 3 aa games?

No, would be a conflict of interest. I have laid down the whistle. I cannot keep up with the game anymore physically. But yes I did use to ref highschool and college for about 12 years. Now my kids play and I watch.

The Berean and Seymour game hasn't and never will be a rivalry( no one said it was just clarifying). New district and Seymour moves up. Only played one time. So I see no reason why Berean supporters have so much beef with Seymour. Alcoa and Carter maybe (beef with Seymour), but they are not on here complaining about the way the game is played. And have given Seymour on the field of play everything they wanted and more. Which Berean has not yet done (I am not saying they will not either just that they haven't). Close game in score last year, but not on the field. Seymour dominated possession and scoring opportunities. While Berean had less chances they did convert, so that is why the score was so close.

/popcorneater.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":popcorneater:" border="0" alt="popcorneater.gif" /> I don't have a lot of firsthand knowledge of the Seymour/Berean matchup, but after talking with some of the Seymour players last night they seemed to be impressed with the skill level of Berean from the indoor game. It wasn't a lengthy discussion, but a couple of them made complimentary comments. Just food for thought.

/popcorneater.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":popcorneater:" border="0" alt="popcorneater.gif" /> I don't have a lot of firsthand knowledge of the Seymour/Berean matchup, but after talking with some of the Seymour players last night they seemed to be impressed with the skill level of Berean from the indoor game. It wasn't a lengthy discussion, but a couple of them made complimentary comments. Just food for thought.

I think it is great for soccer for people to be passionate about their teams district...whoever comes out of the district the winner could make some moves later... Seymour has helped the level of soccer and will continue to do so I think a lot of the schools lose key players to graduation so after the realignment who knows...I have heard Berean only has about 50 guys in the whole high school so for them to be even close to competive is quite an achievment...I do not think there are any hard feelings just competive spirits!

I think it is great for soccer for people to be passionate about their teams district...whoever comes out of the district the winner could make some moves later... Seymour has helped the level of soccer and will continue to do so I think a lot of the schools lose key players to graduation so after the realignment who knows...I have heard Berean only has about 50 guys in the whole high school so for them to be even close to competive is quite an achievment...I do not think there are any hard feelings just competive spirits!

I agree 100%. Berean being able to put together a quality team out of a pool of 50 male students is quite amazing! I hold everyone on this board in high regard and don't take any comments on here to heart. For one, I know message boards comments can come across much differently than intended. Secondly, I realize we are all passionate about our teams and about the sport so it's almost inevitable that debates will get heated occasionally.

As for the physical play of Seymour, I don't get to go as many of the games as I used to because I live about 45 minutes away now, but I can assure you that Seymour's coaches don't tell their players to go out and play dirty. They definitely encourage physical play, but I don't fault them for that in the least. These players are still adolescents so an occasional, accidental, use of excessive force in a high speed game is to be expected, and if a player were to make a dirty foul, I'm confident Coach Norwood would deal with them accordingly. Good luck to Berean and all the teams in the district. I'm excited as heck to watch some of these games and see how the season plays out. /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

I think if I find out who easttnref is, my life could get better ( You are driving me nuts). Right now you just talk to much! I am not saying others on here do not do the same thing. When you are on here talking about "your team" you represent the school, players, and parents in your community. Right now ref we don't want you to represent us this way. Let us do our talking on the field of play, because that is the only place it counts.

I am pretty sure you are not a player, and if I find out otherwise you will have a stiff punishment coming your way. Also, if you are a mom or dad; we need your help in many ways, but on this message board arguing and trying to start arguments is not representing us the way I feel Seymour Soccer should be represented.