Region 4AA

jimbo44

I thought all along this would be the best game of the 4-AA regionals. I also said Camp should win with should being the key word. I pull for 7-AA, just thought Station Camp was a little better. Ferris is/can be real tough, I happen to think she is underutilized myself and thats why I thought Camp would have the upper hand. Helton and co. at Cookeville is a completely different team than Smith...Much better guard play and Helton is much more maneuverable than Ferris...Plus i think Mindy is a better coach than Barry is at Smith although Barry Smith did win a gold ball at Pickett County in 89 or 90.

LA will have their hands full Monday night, but I believe we can win!

First let me say congrats to coach Dodgen and the Lionettes. He's been doing a great job the last three years and Sissom hasn't hurt either.DCA is a hard place to win no matter how good of a team you've got. I too thought Smith and Camp would be a good match up. I agree on the way Ferris is used and I think it cost him the game against Cannon in the district. But hey, maybe that's the way he wanted it. I thought Camp might overcompensate for Ferris and let the guards hurt them outside but then again what do I know. I thought Smith was making a mistake to run Dodgen out of town and I often wonder what they think now /ohmy.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":o" border="0" alt="ohmy.gif" />

I think your chances are better than average Monday so good luck and hope we see each other Wednesday.

• Replies 136
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

First let me say congrats to coach Dodgen and the Lionettes. He's been doing a great job the last three years and Sissom hasn't hurt either.DCA is a hard place to win no matter how good of a team you've got. I too thought Smith and Camp would be a good match up. I agree on the way Ferris is used and I think it cost him the game against Cannon in the district. But hey, maybe that's the way he wanted it. I thought Camp might overcompensate for Ferris and let the guards hurt them outside but then again what do I know. I thought Smith was making a mistake to run Dodgen out of town and I often wonder what they think now /ohmy.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":o" border="0" alt="ohmy.gif" />

I think your chances are better than average Monday so good luck and hope we see each other Wednesday.

I couldn't agree more coach Dodgen has done an excellent job, his team is mostly sophmores and they compete in one of the toughest district's in the state. Cannon has 2 excellent coaches who care alot and have passion for there team and program. Congrats coach Dodgen and good luck against Upperman.

I couldn't agree more coach Dodgen has done an excellent job, his team is mostly sophmores and they compete in one of the toughest district's in the state. Cannon has 2 excellent coaches who care alot and have passion for there team and program. Congrats coach Dodgen and good luck against Upperman.

Well said, to add on this coach dodgen is a fine coach. I know him personally and we're very close. He's hard on them girls because he knows sky's the limit. With 2 seniors, 2 juniors, 5 sophomores, and 3 freshmen there future is very bright. They compete at the top already in a difficult region. Can't wait to see the next two years with the sophomores are seniors. With Ruehlen being a dominant post and king and sissom up top, the region will be up for grabs the next two year, and they have 2 solid bench players jordan and payne who can backup ruehlen and king very good. Smith and upperman better watch out. All i really wanna say is good luck to Coach dodgen, i'll see you monday and good luck the lionettes, i'll be there to suppurt ya'll.

Game times for Monday:

6:00 Upperman vs Cannon county

7:30 Livingston vs Station Camp

Sorry put wrong thing on there did not mean to confuse anyone. These are now the right times!!!!

Yep. I had posted on these times earlier. Not sure where my other post went. I had a link to the TSSAA website which has mysteriously disappeared.

Upperman will definately be in the finals..

Can't bring myself to say that one BigD... but I do think it will be LA over Station Camp. The lady Wildcats have come along way from when they played at SC. Camp didn't fair so well in this gym last time and I don't think it will be any different with the 7AA crowd that will be there this time /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

Nobody giving cannon a chance against upperman?

Been behind'em all year long!!!! Sat with coach and cheered the boys along at the hoop, but I hope they don't have a pray from the get go tomorrow night LOL. /popcorneater.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":popcorneater:" border="0" alt="popcorneater.gif" />

GOOOOOO BEEEEEEEESSSSSSS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Can't bring myself to say that one BigD... but I do think it will be LA over Station Camp. The lady Wildcats have come along way from when they played at SC. Camp didn't fair so well in this gym last time and I don't think it will be any different with the 7AA crowd that will be there this time /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

Those girls have handled Cannon pretty well this season and that is why I think UHS will be there in the finals. Now if we were talking next season I would not be so confident as Cannon is loaded with young talent and they have a good coach, but the Lady Bees are too talented and experienced for them this season.

I really hope you are right about our girls tomorrow night. As an all 7-AA finals would be sweet. I too believe our girls have come a ways since their meeting with Camp back in December. These win or go home games should bring out the best tomorrow night. I just hope LA brings a little more! /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

Good luck to all!

GO HOG-EYE!