Dead Period

In Hoc Signo Vinces

• Replies 16
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm in no position to deny you or grant you permission for anything.

But in reply to your question I can't help wandering...

Who's mat is it?

What does these rules state about wrestling for a club during this 'dead period'?

As far as I know, these rules are addressing the relationship between the student athlete, his coach (school employee), and his training facility (school facility) during a specific period of time.

I don't think that the TSSAA can regulate what a wrestler does on his own time as long as the school is not involved but I could be wrong.

I've never heard of a 'dead period' for academics. I've never heard of a student being restricted from seeking the help of a tutor during the summer to improve his academic success the following year.

I'm in no position to deny you or grant you permission for anything.

But in reply to your question I can't help wandering...

Who's mat is it?

What does these rules state about wrestling for a club during this 'dead period'?

As far as I know, these rules are addressing the relationship between the student athlete, his coach (school employee), and his training facility (school facility) during a specific period of time.

I don't think that the TSSAA can regulate what a wrestler does on his own time as long as the school is not involved but I could be wrong.

I've never heard of a 'dead period' for academics. I've never heard of a student being restricted from seeking the help of a tutor during the summer to improve his academic success the following year.

the schools mats?