northwest high school

hoghunter757575

And i was looking around here on coacht and i found another reason why NW is suffering all tho the AD and head coach are really hurting them now so look at this.

Sitting at home last night I watched the Hillsboro game on TV and saw a glance at Kelly Myers coaching the newly crowned 4A state champions last night. Next week I will be going to watch Fort Campbell play in Papa Johns stadium to see Todd Hodd play for a second state crown. Last I will listen to the Hopkinsville radio station to hear if my sons old coach from Northeast Chris Southerland wins his first state title with Christian County.

What do all three of these coaches have in Common?

1. All coached at Northwest!

2. All denied head coaching jobs in Montgomey County!

3. All live in this community still today.

4. Were told they were not head coaching material, due to one reason or another.

5. Last, Northwest dismissed each.

We want winners in Montgomery County, but we keep pushing them away! Who is next to leave and win?

You tell us why this happens. I can't imagine that a complete stranger from Alabama could go to NW and have the power to run them off. There must be bigger issues than you know about.

• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Southerland is a friend of Gaddis and still in contact with him today. Still lives in Clarksville, and enjoying winning for a change at Christian County. Was interm head coach for 6 months at Northeast, and kept the program running with good assistant coaches that followed him. After spring practice last year he was told that he would not be coming back. Plus Northwest released Southerland in 07 as a head coach or assistant because Smith and Shrenk believed he would not be a good enough coach to help change the program. He had coached there from 1999 to 2007, never had a losing JV program, and did a decent job as a coordinator.

Kelly Myers is now Head Coach of Springfield, and was turned away in 05 to become the new man at the helm at Northwest. However, he was a huge part in the 37-5 record and dismantling of Marryville this year. Coach Blade did nothing but praise Myers on the radio shows and Jeff Fisher Show.

Todd Hood is the Special Teams coach at Fort Campbell, and since entering the program there they have been 27-3 with two State Titles. Was turned away in 06 from Northwest, but continues to teach at the school.

Tedd McCaslin was the D-coordinator from Kenwood, but on his way to new grounds. The county would not give the man a chance to prove himself.

Myers and Southerland were Alumni at Northwest that put in long hours and tried to make a difference, but were told they were the reason the program had fallen. Guess raising the money, putting in long hours helping students get grades up, and running both passing leagues and camps and weight programs was not good enough. So the problem is in a phrase used by the late Coach Stevens, "Your only as good as the head of the Snake!" Hence, Northwest is only as good as the gentlemen running the program today.

The philosophy in Clarksville is bring in out of towners that do not know the community because they are not the good ole boys. However, the good ole boys find success outside the box. What comes around goes around!

Until the county sees that education is nothing with out extra curricular activities, then programs in the county will be as good as two rounds if lucky.

/thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

Southerland is a friend of Gaddis and still in contact with him today. Still lives in Clarksville, and enjoying winning for a change at Christian County. Was interm head coach for 6 months at Northeast, and kept the program running with good assistant coaches that followed him. After spring practice last year he was told that he would not be coming back. Plus Northwest released Southerland in 07 as a head coach or assistant because Smith and Shrenk believed he would not be a good enough coach to help change the program. He had coached there from 1999 to 2007, never had a losing JV program, and did a decent job as a coordinator.

Kelly Myers is now Head Coach of Springfield, and was turned away in 05 to become the new man at the helm at Northwest. However, he was a huge part in the 37-5 record and dismantling of Marryville this year. Coach Blade did nothing but praise Myers on the radio shows and Jeff Fisher Show.

Todd Hood is the Special Teams coach at Fort Campbell, and since entering the program there they have been 27-3 with two State Titles. Was turned away in 06 from Northwest, but continues to teach at the school.

Tedd McCaslin was the D-coordinator from Kenwood, but on his way to new grounds. The county would not give the man a chance to prove himself.

Myers and Southerland were Alumni at Northwest that put in long hours and tried to make a difference, but were told they were the reason the program had fallen. Guess raising the money, putting in long hours helping students get grades up, and running both passing leagues and camps and weight programs was not good enough. So the problem is in a phrase used by the late Coach Stevens, "Your only as good as the head of the Snake!" Hence, Northwest is only as good as the gentlemen running the program today.

The philosophy in Clarksville is bring in out of towners that do not know the community because they are not the good ole boys. However, the good ole boys find success outside the box. What comes around goes around!

Until the county sees that education is nothing with out extra curricular activities, then programs in the county will be as good as two rounds if lucky.

/thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

I don't know these people, but if you are telling me that Myers and Southerland are graduates of NW, and coached there as well, then this makes no sense.

good point viking. Todd Hood works at the school.. He should have been the coach. He is a warrior when it comes to sports. instead they got a guy who is lost. I am sure Hood is glad he didnt get it because he now has 2 state rings!!!

Well as a former player for Coach hood i agree that he is one of the best coaches that NW has seen in a long time and NW is really missing out not haveing him as a head coach but i am glad to see that he has two state titles and counting but NW really needs new AD that will actually pick coaches that would be best for the school and players and not pick them just because there his friends, because of the AD smith NW has lost many good coaches such as coach hood,with hood as the head coach NW would be a great football team againe,but as long as the Smith and Schrenk era at NW still goes on dont expect to much out of NW as much as I hate to say that because i would love to see NW be a great team againe, but my biggest problem with Smith and Schrenk is that they only care about them selfs and not what is best for NW.

yes you are correct. Shane Smith is terrible. That is the main reason that sports at Northwest are awful. I mean Shane Smith is picking these guys. You have guys here that are very good coaches such as Hood, and others but they will not make the hire. They feel that if they have someone out of town that is interested it makes them look like a high powered program. You can't get the kids out with those kind of jokers. Northwest is not a top 10 program in the state, but they should win between 4-7 games a season that is just off athletes. All I hear is what Schrenk wants to do with the program. The best thing would be for him to go back to Alabama and try to fool someone else. It is not working here. He might can fool the little kid in the candy school but for someone who knows sports.. He doesn't fool anyone. yet again.. thats good ole Shane Smith for ya. Coach Hood is on e of the most trust worth guys I know and dedicates himself to the job he is taking on.

yes you are correct. Shane Smith is terrible. That is the main reason that sports at Northwest are awful. I mean Shane Smith is picking these guys. You have guys here that are very good coaches such as Hood, and others but they will not make the hire. They feel that if they have someone out of town that is interested it makes them look like a high powered program. You can't get the kids out with those kind of jokers. Northwest is not a top 10 program in the state, but they should win between 4-7 games a season that is just off athletes. All I hear is what Schrenk wants to do with the program. The best thing would be for him to go back to Alabama and try to fool someone else. It is not working here. He might can fool the little kid in the candy school but for someone who knows sports.. He doesn't fool anyone. yet again.. thats good ole Shane Smith for ya. Coach Hood is on e of the most trust worth guys I know and dedicates himself to the job he is taking on.

I agree with you but you know what would make NW look high powered is pick a good coach like hood and others and win some games lol not just one or two games a year because lets be honest NW region is not the best in the state, and the only thing schrenk and smith is going to do with the program is run it in to the ground like they are already doing,and hopefully for NW schrenk will just go back to Bama and take smith with him.

It sounds to me like some coach in the county is trying to stab a head coach in the back with all these postings. Now, I do not know this to be a fact but all these anti coach Schrenk postings do suggest someone has the old knife just about to plung down from behind. I don't know the head coach at NW but I would watch my back if I were you. I've seen it done before and it can get ugly for all parties.

COACHT please close this thread!