Marion County Softball

purplemonster

Has anyone heard anything about Marion Softball this year? /blink.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":blink:" border="0" alt="blink.gif" />

If their website is correct they have added GPS and Red Bank and they're playing Sequatchie three times again this year.

I know their going to the East Ridge playday but I don't know who they're playing.

• Replies 26
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

We will be playing Powell, Ooltewah, Bradley Central, and Cumberland Co. this weekend at East Ridge. Next weekend we will be in the South Pittsburg Play Day, but as of now it seems to only be Valley teams with the addition of SAS and Lookout Valley.

As far as the team goes, we are young but talented...One senior, two juniors, and the other 13 are freshmen and sophomores. We are suffering from the injury bug a little. We have a couple of sore arms that we definitely need to make the most of our season. We will find out some news on one of those today.

We will be playing Powell, Ooltewah, Bradley Central, and Cumberland Co. this weekend at East Ridge. Next weekend we will be in the South Pittsburg Play Day, but as of now it seems to only be Valley teams with the addition of SAS and Lookout Valley.

As far as the team goes, we are young but talented...One senior, two juniors, and the other 13 are freshmen and sophomores. We are suffering from the injury bug a little. We have a couple of sore arms that we definitely need to make the most of our season. We will find out some news on one of those today.

You are young, but there is a lot of talent coming out of the freshman class. Also look too 2010 when a hot freshman SS joins the team. Also in 2010, the re-districting will favor you in a big way. Good luck to all

You are young, but there is a lot of talent coming out of the freshman class. Also look too 2010 when a hot freshman SS joins the team. Also in 2010, the re-districting will favor you in a big way. Good luck to all

I agree the freshman class is talented, and the top end of the sophomore class may be even more so. All of these girls are exceptional ball players. We will also have another fresh face for the 2010 season and you are right the move down to A will only make us stronger...

• 3 weeks later...

Playing better competition is not a bad thing...It will make these girls realize where they need to be to be at a championship level, but also allows the coaches to see who performs under pressure. We are young and GPS has 4 girls who have either signed with Tennessee this year or are committed to Tennessee for next year. And the box score was doing us a favor by saying that we only had 3 errors, but in reality it was at least 6...All total GPS shouldn't have scored more than a 2-4 runs in the first if we make the routine plays, but ended up with 14...Experience is all we gained from this game, but it let our young team see that in order to compete at that level... And you can't run from the good teams forever, this isn't summer ball....

BigJ is right, the only way for the team to improve is to play better teams. Experience is one of the best learning tools, play the best to become the best.

Marion Co. is playing in the Soddy Daisy tournement for the second consecutive year, so they are not dodging the good teams.

Playing better competition is not a bad thing...It will make these girls realize where they need to be to be at a championship level, but also allows the coaches to see who performs under pressure. We are young and GPS has 4 girls who have either signed with Tennessee this year or are committed to Tennessee for next year. And the box score was doing us a favor by saying that we only had 3 errors, but in reality it was at least 6...All total GPS shouldn't have scored more than a 2-4 runs in the first if we make the routine plays, but ended up with 14...Experience is all we gained from this game, but it let our young team see that in order to compete at that level... And you can't run from the good teams forever, this isn't summer ball....

BigJ,

Didn't realize there were that many errors. The box score only reported 3 errors for Marion. I do agree that you have to play better teams to get better, but you don't want the players to loose confidence either.

Has Marion had some key ball players quit? I heard it but didn't know if it was a rumor or not.

Haven't heard of anyone quitting. Who quit?