Marion County Softball

purplemonster

No one has quit that I am aware of, but we do have 2 girls who still can't play. We also just got back 2 other girls and one of them is not 100% yet.

I talked to MCHSCoachT today, and he said that when he tried to call the game in that GPS had already done so. That is why the box score was a little off. According to our book, we had a total of 8 errors in the game. And you go by the home book, which is why the home team is suppose to call the games in. We are playing the Soddy tourney and have been placed in the Gold Division, so our girls better be ready to play. We have Whitwell tomorrow and then Sequatchie Co. Wednesday in front of their school at 1:30...

• Replies 26
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

BigJ,

Didn't realize there were that many errors. The box score only reported 3 errors for Marion. I do agree that you have to play better teams to get better, but you don't want the players to loose confidence either.

Haven't heard of anyone quitting. Who quit?

Well, its the players responsibility to keep their self confidence up. The coaches can't do everything. The players have to be able to help themselves. And they aren't going to loose their confidence in one game, especially when they are playing GPS, a state tourney team.

The only way for a team to gain experience is to play teams that are better. We are a very young team, with 1 senior, 2 juniors, and the rest sophmores and freshmen. We have a lot of experience to obtain.

No one has quit that I am aware of, but we do have 2 girls who still can't play. We also just got back 2 other girls and one of them is not 100% yet.

I talked to MCHSCoachT today, and he said that when he tried to call the game in that GPS had already done so. That is why the box score was a little off. According to our book, we had a total of 8 errors in the game. And you go by the home book, which is why the home team is suppose to call the games in. We are playing the Soddy tourney and have been placed in the Gold Division, so our girls better be ready to play. We have Whitwell tomorrow and then Sequatchie Co. Wednesday in front of their school at 1:30...

with the speed GPS has it is hard to tell hits from errors sometime. I don't think you have been placed in the gold division . I think you have to win your way into the gold division. I understand the winning team normalycalls in the game .

Makes you wonder about some of the GPS batting averages the last couple of years if they're that liberal in calling Es hits, regardless of how talented their players have obviously been. (that's a sore spot with me /laugh.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":lol:" border="0" alt="laugh.gif" />, and not singling out GPS, I just mentioned them because they're the team in this topic)

with the speed GPS has it is hard to tell hits from errors sometime. I don't think you have been placed in the gold division . I think you have to win your way into the gold division. I understand the winning team normalycalls in the game .

You are right GPS does have a lot of speed, but if the ball isn't fielded cleanly then it is an error regardless. You can't assume that they would have been safe. And believe it or not they didn't bunt or slap as much as I expected them too. They hit, and we didn't field it....And no the winning team doesn't normally call in the games, the home team does. Maybe they thought that since it was so lopsided that it wouldn't get called in, who knows? And as far as the gold division goes, thats what I thought as well. I was told by our coach that we would be in the gold division. I guess we can as weasel to find out for sure....

Good luck at the Soddy Daisy Tournament. I like to see team "playing up". This especially helps a young team. Always let the other team know they've been in a fight. I don't think you ever get anywhere playing lesser teams. I know you have to have a balance, but I like teams that aspire for more.

honestly the gps game shouldn't have been as bad as it was and tonights game against whitwell shouldn't have been as close as it was...hopefully some lessons were learned and the coaches don't "lose count" of just how many errors are bein made and they start to make some better decisions

Seeding for either the gold or silver elimination round on Saturday depends on what you do in your pool games on Friday.

Thanks for the clarification weasel....From what I gather, we may be in the same pool with some of the big boys and that is what MCHSCoachT meant when we said gold division. Sorry for any misunderstanding...Girls once again made several errors tonight but kept there heads on to get the win. Those errors however will get us killed tomorrow, so we have to start fielding the ball better and start hitting...