Region 4AAA Tournament @ Blackman

Treyvols99

• Replies 348
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I really hate to say it but I doubt Oakland wins.

Tyler is out.

Actually prob out for the rest of the season.

Its sad cause hes never had an injury before and now it happens when hes a senior when they really need him..

###### you can see hes not happy

"I'm so upset dude, i've never gotten hurt and it happens my senior year when they need me most"

I gotta say Columbia wins.

Jamal of course could take over and if David can sore 20 again then Oakland could pull it off

I really hate to say it but I doubt Oakland wins.

Tyler is out.

Actually prob out for the rest of the season.

Its sad cause hes never had an injury before and now it happens when hes a senior when they really need him..

###### you can see hes not happy

"I'm so upset dude, i've never gotten hurt and it happens my senior year when they need me most"

I gotta say Columbia wins.

Jamal of course could take over and if David can sore 20 again then Oakland could pull it off

I disagree in the strongest way possible. Losing Tyler is indeed a blow, he is by far the best post presence we have down low, but with him out, it allows Oakland to push the ball up the floor a little bit more, and it brings Christian Adams into the fold, who is just as capable of having a big game as anyone. They way in which Oakland will attack on offense will be a little bit different, but it is still a toss up as to whether or not Columbia can beat Oakland.

I feel for Tyler, I really do. A similar situation happened to Oakland my sophmore year where our best player got injured right before the district tournament and Oakland was unable to overcome. This team I feel a little bit differently about, I think there are enough weapons on both sides on the ball where Oakland can absorb this blow.......

Oakland didnt become the program it has been without being able to plug in players and seemingly not miss a beat. I am not saying that will be the case, but I would go as far to say that maybe this a rallying cry for Oakland, something to give them extra incentive to play harder and better, to win one for Tyler.

I think your going to get out rebounded with out Edwards in the lineup. Columbia wants you to try and run with them, from all I have heard they are like Siegel in that sense. Oaklands game is half court and going down low or Hughes driving. Its shot with out Edwards in their. They need a post off the bench to step up in a big way if they want to win. I hope they do, but I got to say its looking dim.

I think your going to get out rebounded with out Edwards in the lineup. Columbia wants you to try and run with them, from all I have heard they are like Siegel in that sense. Oaklands game is half court and going down low or Hughes driving. Its shot with out Edwards in their. They need a post off the bench to step up in a big way if they want to win. I hope they do, but I got to say its looking dim.

I dont think Oakland is going to be a run and gun team by any means, not now, not ever. We have gotten solid contributions all season long from Brandon Messick and Wesley Blissard down low, and those 2 guys will be a key factor in the game. Yes, Brandon is undersized for the position, but his athleticism makes up for some short-comings. Rebounding is all about passion and boxing out, Columbia is going to have a size advantage, but it doesnt neccessarily mean they will have the advantage in that department. I feel just as good going into the game as I would if Tyler was playing. Oakland doesnt need huge games points-wise from the role players, thats the luxury of having a defense that only gives up 47 ppg. Ill say it again, beware of Christian Adams, this gives him a perfect chance to step into a role that will be thrust into next season, as a guy who is going to be a go to scorer.

Also, what gets lost into this equation is that Hughes is a inside-outside kind of guy. At times, he has played down low and has done it pretty well. He has a nose for the offensive rebounds that cant be taught, and in a game like this, its going to be key.

Congrats to all four winners last night also, congrats to Cookeville, Lebanon, Franklin County, and Lawrence County on successful seasons this year. Well as I guessed, not that it was difficult to pick the top two seeds from each district but it is going to be an outstanding semi finals at Blackman on Tuesday night. Shelbyville and Cookeville was a great game to watch last night as Cookeville was on fire in the first half shooting and Shelbyville was trailing by four at the half. Midway through the third quarter Andrews connected on three three pointers and a dunk in about a two minute span to take over the momentum of the game. Andrews scored 26 and sophmore Bobby Wilson added 24. Wilson converted on 3 of four and one plays as part of his 24. He was a huge factor in Shelbyville taking control in the second half. The crowd starting chanting "Twilleys Back" the last 2-3 minutes of the game and they seem very focused and ready for the challenge of taking on Siegel. Seth Jarrel had atleast four blocks and had nine points and numreous rebounds. The whole team played excellent in the second half scoring 31 points in the fourth quarter alone. Having Twilley back and Wilson, Jarrell and the rest of the team playing better each game only adds to what the combo of what Twilley and Andrews bring to the table. I look for this to be a great game as well as the Oakland Columbia game. I have to go with the homer pick and take Shelbyville and Oakland as the two that will advance to th finals. Siegel is certainly the favorite and Shelbyville will have to play the best game they have played all year to advance. Having Twilley back after the suspension may be the best thing for the team and him as well as how hard, focused, and determined they will play. Good luck to all four teams Tuesday. I am sure I am one of very few who thinks Shelbyville will beat Siegel though lol.

I can??™t wait to see the outcome of the Siegel Shelbyville game. It was going to be a close one to say the least! Siegel has a great team. They are a HUGE with loads of talent like Junior Kerry Hammonds, a finalist for the Mr. Basketball title. The almighty Siegel Nation is indeed going to be a force to be reckoned with on Tuesday night. I know however that Shelbyville is capable of advancing to play either Columbia or Oakland. The Shelbyville players have a lot of heart and a dedicated fan base to back them up. If they show up to play they should be difficult for Siegel to handle. Earlier in the season at the Great 8 Tourney Siegel only beat Shelbyville by 3 points (without Jarrel) and the Stars beat Cookeville by only 2. I am very confident in the Eagles especially now that Deonta is back. Twilley is going to return with more motivation than ever after his ejection. We can only hope that we won't give anymore piggy-back rides until after state champs. Win or loose we are SOOOO proud of our Eagles and all they have overcome and accomplished this year. /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

GO EAGLES!!!!!

If you want to play the they beat so and so by so many card, we also beat Cookeville by 16 when we played them at home. We beat Riverdale by 18 and 20 seems yall struggled with them. So that is quite a weak argument for why you can win. The way Shelbyville will beat Siegel is if they slow it down and hit 3's. Andrews and Twilley need to score quite a bit for them to beat us as well. I think this will be a good game though not sure what the final outcome will be but I am taking my Siegel Stars by 8. LETS GO STARS.

If you want to play the they beat so and so by so many card, we also beat Cookeville by 16 when we played them at home. We beat Riverdale by 18 and 20 seems yall struggled with them. So that is quite a weak argument for why you can win. The way Shelbyville will beat Siegel is if they slow it down and hit 3's. Andrews and Twilley need to score quite a bit for them to beat us as well. I think this will be a good game though not sure what the final outcome will be but I am taking my Siegel Stars by 8. LETS GO STARS.

LOL well I dont like playing the point game either but since you joined in I will too lol. Shelbyville beat Cookeville by 17 without their starting PG. See ya Tuesday...

Go Eagles /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

LOL well I dont like playing the point game either but since you joined in I will too lol. Shelbyville beat Cookeville by 17 without their starting PG. See ya Tuesday...

Go Eagles /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

hehe /smile.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":)" border="0" alt="smile.gif" /> good one Treyvols!

the good thing about high school basketball is that you never know the outcome of the game until the buzzer rings..

GO EAGLES!

YOUR STUDENT BODY LOVES YOU!!