Region 4AAA Tournament @ Blackman

Treyvols99

Jamal usually gets his points within the game!

Are you trying to say Shelbyville is gonna get in Oakland??

I'd be shocked.

Whos the firepower?

You saw or heard who the fire power was last night. Emmanuel Andrews. They have other players who are capable of scoring as well. The offense that was ran last night will probably be a little bit different tommorrow night. Jarrell can score on Blissard and vice versus. Bobby Wilson can score as well, he had 24 against Cookeville the other night. Shelbyville has as much fire power as Oakland does. It will be a great game.

• Replies 348
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Jamal usually gets his points within the game!

Are you trying to say Shelbyville is gonna get in Oakland??

I'd be shocked.

Whos the firepower?

Hughes does a good job of producing within the team's framework, no doubt about it. My concern is if Shelbyville's defense is able to limit Hughes. If that happens, then at least one or two other Patriots will need to pick up the slack. Shelbyville is maybe the only team that Oakland has faced that has the combined athletic ability as well as the defensive discipline to limit Hughes (and the same argument can be made about Oakland's ability to limit Andrews).

I don't understand your second question. I was trying to convey the idea that by selectively pushing the tempo, Shelbyville may create a slight advantage (especially in comparison to their Siegel matchup, where they were better served to control the tempo at a slower pace).

Maybe firepower wasn't the best word. The "firepower" I was referring to is their ability to get points in bunches that I think Oakland might have trouble matching. As long as Oakland takes care of the ball and shoots decent from the perimeter, they will be fine. However, if they have empty possessions with TOs or failed perimeter attempts, then I see a potential setting similar to the District championship where Oakland had a 2 minute stretch in the 4th in which they failed to answer Siegel's inside baskets. I think Andrews and Hughes will get their respective points (maybe not 30+, but they will be leading scorers). Unlike Siegel and Columbia, I think S'ville is too well coached to give up many open looks to Adams or Hockenberry. Ultimately I think Wilson, Jarrell, and Twilley will have better scoring opportunities then Hockenberry, Adams, or Blissard.

This is where Edwards could be an x-factor. If he plays and is not too hobbled, he could be the difference in the game. All this is just my opinion, not trying to downgrade either squad, just trying to add my 2-cents worth of analysis. And it's probably not even worth 2-cents as I've only seen Oakland play once (district title game) and haven't even seen Shelbyville at all.

Trey, how many 15+ point games have Shelbyville players not named Andrews had this season?

Same question for OP or tj, how many 15+ point games have Oakland players not named Hughes or Edwards had this season?

Not trying to start anything, just curious about the scoring effects of the rest of the puzzle pieces for each team.

Trey, how many 15+ point games have Shelbyville players not named Andrews had this season?

Same question for OP or tj, how many 15+ point games have Oakland players not named Hughes or Edwards had this season?

Not trying to start anything, just curious about the scoring effects of the rest of the puzzle pieces for each team.

I can answer this one for you.

All of these players have scored 15 or more for shelbyville this year in at least one game:

Marable, Jarrell, Reed, Twilley, Jeffries, Wilson

I can answer this one for you.

All of these players have scored 15 or more for shelbyville this year in at least one game:

Marable, Jarrell, Reed, Twilley, Jeffries, Wilson

Any idea how many games each of them had 15+ in?

For Oakland, 100% sure Adams and Hockenberry have done it at least once.

Would be willing to bet Blissard and Messick have too, but not certain.

Another factor in which I think Shelbyville will have an advantage is on the boards.

Any idea how many games each of them had 15+ in?

For Oakland, 100% sure Adams and Hockenberry have done it at least once.

Would be willing to bet Blissard and Messick have too, but not certain.

Another factor in which I think Shelbyville will have an advantage is on the boards.

Twilley has probably averaged 15 points per game this year, he has had quite a few games in the 20s including Siegel where he scored 21 earlier in the holiday tournament. Marable has had probably 3-5 games over 15 and Wilson has had a handful as well...the others less than 3 each and I think Starnes had a game where he had like 18 points. Twilley, Wilson, Jarrell , Marable and Reed are all capable of piling up points....of these Twilley, Marable and Reed can shoot well from 3-point range. Reed is the guy that hit a 3 in the 3rd quarter agains Siegel. Wilson and Jarrell are 15 ft. and in.

After seeing both teams play I like Oakland in this one. Oakland contained Hammonds well every time we played them its been someone else who has helped Kerry beat them. I like Andrews getting guarded very tight and after last night I dont see how he can have as good a shooting performance as he did against Siegel. I think Oakland also has more role players that can step up against them. Jarrell is nothing to worry about for Oakland He did nothing against us. The Kings gameplan will have Thomas's destroyed. They cant run on Oakland they have 2 players capable of running.

After seeing both teams play I like Oakland in this one. Oakland contained Hammonds well every time we played them its been someone else who has helped Kerry beat them. I like Andrews getting guarded very tight and after last night I dont see how he can have as good a shooting performance as he did against Siegel. I think Oakland also has more role players that can step up against them. Jarrell is nothing to worry about for Oakland He did nothing against us. The Kings gameplan will have Thomas's destroyed. They cant run on Oakland they have 2 players capable of running.

I know there is a little frustration coming from last night for ya but really and truly Andrews shooting percentage was not as good as it usually is. Andrews will get his like he always does. I am not saying he will score 30 against Oaklands defense but Jarell can score on Blissard. He is not as strong as Tate and Hughes are so it will be easier for him and Bobby Wilson to contribute tommorrow night. Shelbyville will still look for Andrews to score but the scoring will be distributed more making it difficult to focus on just "two" players. JMO though.

The key to this game will be the inside game. Andrews will get his points....but I think you will be surprised by a sleeper, like Wilson or Jarrell . And you can bet Twilley will bring his A game. I haven't seen anyone hang with him since he was in grade school.

6 points last night I consider that hanging with him just fine.

Twilley only scores when he needs to, he drove by everyone that tried to face him. He is the one that creates plays...He scored 21 in the earlier meeting during the holidays, so he is a threat to take control, even if he is only 5' 8". Last night, Shelbyville was careless with the ball and out of sync most of the night. I rate their performance a B- . They aren't use to playing a slow paced game, but that was KT's game plan. They played just good enough to win and thats about all you can say. I look for a bit quicker pace on Thursday. Hopefully they will bring their A game.

I was looking at the Oakland schedule and was shocked to see that Cookeville beat them. How in the world did that happen? Just a bad night?

Good grief! I can't believe how many pages got added to this thread since I posted last night!

Siegel grad.....glad to see your wounds licked and that you are still contributing on here!

You have to give props to both Hammonds and Andrews. Not often to see such high calibur athletes playing in the same game. Hammonds has plenty of time to work on his areas of concern. He has another yr and I am sure the comments on here will inspire him to do just that.

It is going to be a barnburner on Thursday night. I am still in shock that we are in and Siegel is out. Had to be a hard day at school for the Stars, and I feel sad for them.

With 2 disciplined defenses and 2 exceptional coaches with the ability to adapt their gameplans......I better be sure to get there early and sit close to the defibulator! My heart may not be able to take this one. Patriot fans need to come out in DROVES and keep the energy level high in those stands. We both know that Shelbyville will pack the place and be LOUD!! Can't let them out-do us! Our boys are peaking at the right time.