REGION 4AA TOURNAMENT

seymourbutts1

I'm in favor of a change of venue for several reasons.

#1 - Seating (DUH).

#2 - Security (There seems to be a need for extra men in uniforms when opposing crowds are forced to sit as closely as they have to at UHS.)

#3 -Neutrality (DUH).

I understand Upperman's desire to keep the tournament. Who wouldn't want it on their home court? It doesn't seem fair, though, to all other 7AA teams who might want to have the tournament in their back yard.

In my opinion, (and I'm entitled to mine) - if Tech's gym is available (and I believe it is) - it makes more sense, for all involved, to have the tournament there. But I had heard that ALL teams in both districts had to agree to the change. I think at least one didn't vote for the change. /dry.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid="

Ok, who really says DUH anymore?LOL /biggrin.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":D" border="0" alt="biggrin.gif" /> I??™ll give you my rebuttal in the order of your previous list. I know TTU would be the smart choice but it??™s not happening. So, I am going to compare high schools UHS & LA??¦.just humor me please. I know you are pulling for a ???Neutral Floor??? but you even said in your post ???Who wouldn't want it on their home court???? So we all know there wouldn??™t be a push for a neutral court had it fell in LA??™s lap??¦right?

#1 Seating- I??™m not sure what the capacity is at either gym(UHS & LA)? Can you find out numbers for me? I know both places would be packed regardless which school it was held at(TTU not included).

#2 Security- about ???opposing crowds are forced to sit as closely as they have to at UHS???. Well it??™s like this, if we didn??™t sit across the gym from UHS home side we would be directly behind your players. Would you really want that? If I were visiting a rival gym I would rather the home student section be beside me ???the fans??? making noise than behind my players. So really where would you have us set? LA has reserved seats all the way across the home side & one end of the gym. If you didn??™t have the end for your student section where would they sit?

#3 Neutrality- refer this one to your previous statement ???I understand Upperman's desire to keep the tournament. Who wouldn't want it on their home court???? You said it right there??¦

#4 I respect your opinion but let??™s be honest, every school would rather have it at home. If this were at LA would you be pushing for another venue? So of course UHS is not going to want to pass on the opportunity to have it here. Had it been offered to LA I??™m sure they wouldn??™t have passed either.

Rocking chair is right, nothing like a packed house with everyone cheering for their team!

• Replies 375
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

ok, this is all very good stuff. I have to say that I agree with Abby loo 100% here. Anyone who has the home floor land in their favor is going to want to keep it. I still like the "rotation" theory and everyone gets a shot at it.

I also agree with the seating issue. My kid has come back from several away games talking about the opposing fans sitting behind them, and the things that they say and do during the course of the game. It has gotten ugly at a few different schools in the district. But fans will be fans.

and, as for all of this talk about how many people are going to be in the gym for these games.....please be careful. Rumor has it you are going to make the PA guy nervous. hahaha /popcorneater.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":popcorneater:" border="0" alt="popcorneater.gif" />

Ok, who really says DUH anymore?LOL /biggrin.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":D" border="0" alt="biggrin.gif" /> I??™ll give you my rebuttal in the order of your previous list. I know TTU would be the smart choice but it??™s not happening. So, I am going to compare high schools UHS & LA??¦.just humor me please. I know you are pulling for a ???Neutral Floor??? but you even said in your post ???Who wouldn't want it on their home court???? So we all know there wouldn??™t be a push for a neutral court had it fell in LA??™s lap??¦right?

#1 Seating- I??™m not sure what the capacity is at either gym(UHS & LA)? Can you find out numbers for me? I know both places would be packed regardless which school it was held at(TTU not included).

#2 Security- about ???opposing crowds are forced to sit as closely as they have to at UHS???. Well it??™s like this, if we didn??™t sit across the gym from UHS home side we would be directly behind your players. Would you really want that? If I were visiting a rival gym I would rather the home student section be beside me ???the fans??? making noise than behind my players. So really where would you have us set? LA has reserved seats all the way across the home side & one end of the gym. If you didn??™t have the end for your student section where would they sit?

#3 Neutrality- refer this one to your previous statement ???I understand Upperman's desire to keep the tournament. Who wouldn't want it on their home court???? You said it right there??¦

#4 I respect your opinion but let??™s be honest, every school would rather have it at home. If this were at LA would you be pushing for another venue? So of course UHS is not going to want to pass on the opportunity to have it here. Had it been offered to LA I??™m sure they wouldn??™t have passed either.

Rocking chair is right, nothing like a packed house with everyone cheering for their team!

Well I didn't mean to be included in this but I will say this. If I was a player for LA or Upperman, I wouldn't care if they had it on the outside court. I think it's safe to say that neither team is very fond of the other. DUH

But I feel that LA is the better team regardless of where they play.

As i have stated in previous posts livingston will not make it to the state. my prediction is i dont kow if they get out of regions or sub state which ever they will not be playing past the 9th. however since i first made that statement the four other players besides dunn has stepped up play while dunn is sliding. might have to rethink prediction but will hold off until i watch them sat. so as of right now i will stick to my prediction livingston not going to state!!!

ok, this is all very good stuff. I have to say that I agree with Abby loo 100% here. Anyone who has the home floor land in their favor is going to want to keep it. I still like the "rotation" theory and everyone gets a shot at it.

I also agree with the seating issue. My kid has come back from several away games talking about the opposing fans sitting behind them, and the things that they say and do during the course of the game. It has gotten ugly at a few different schools in the district. But fans will be fans.

and, as for all of this talk about how many people are going to be in the gym for these games.....please be careful. Rumor has it you are going to make the PA guy nervous. hahaha /popcorneater.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":popcorneater:" border="0" alt="popcorneater.gif" />

It sure is a shocker that you'd agee with 'Abby loo' 100%.......You may like the rotation theory, but that's all it is.......A THEORY.......If there's not going to be a rotation, then the games should be played on a neutral floor! I'm an LA fan and I'll answer the question that no one else seems to want to answer..........Since there is no rotation, I would be just as opposed to playing these games on LA's floor as I am against playing them at Upperman!...... THEY SHOULD BE ON A NEUTRAL FLOOR! .........As for the seating issue......I've had to sit close to the Upperman student section on more than one occasion....IMO, Some of them are the most rude, foul-mouthed kids that I've been around. I don't blame the Upperman adults for not wanting to sit close to them...... There are many great kids that are just supporting their team, but there are far too many of the aboved mentioned......When a serious problem finally occurs from this seating arrangement, will your comment still be "fans will be fans" /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" /> ?