REGION 4AA TOURNAMENT

seymourbutts1

It sure is a shocker that you'd agee with 'Abby loo' 100%.......You may like the rotation theory, but that's all it is.......A THEORY.......If there's not going to be a rotation, then the games should be played on a neutral floor! I'm an LA fan and I'll answer the question that no one else seems to want to answer..........Since there is no rotation, I would be just as opposed to playing these games on LA's floor as I am against playing them at Upperman!...... THEY SHOULD BE ON A NEUTRAL FLOOR! .........As for the seating issue......I've had to sit close to the Upperman student section on more than one occasion....IMO, Some of them are the most rude, foul-mouthed kids that I've been around. I don't blame the Upperman adults for not wanting to sit close to them...... There are many great kids that are just supporting their team, but there are far too many of the aboved mentioned......When a serious problem finally occurs from this seating arrangement, will your comment still be "fans will be fans" /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" /> ?

No, I would not say that "fans will be fans". I am aware of the issues. I am aware of the fears.

Most of these problems are brought on (in my opinion) by:

1) ego's

2) hardcore fans

3) lack of common sense

With this being said, think back to Tuesday night. It was pretty obvious that there was an LA side of the gym, and an Upperman side of the gym. Am I right.

Even though this was VERY obvious there was still a row of people in front of me that were 100% LA fans. Was it that important for them to sit behind the bench that they had to be on the Upperman side of the court to do it?

There were also a hand full of LA fans scattered among the rest of the Upperman crowd. And I think we can all agree on one thing: If an LA fan has something to cheer about, they are going to be heard!! That is a great thing about the LA fans, but if you are in the middle of the Upperman fans, it can be a bit antagonizing.

Anyways, dont read this as me trying to shift the blame. I am just saying that it is equal.

Sit in the section of the gym that is designated for visitors. Cheer loud and proud. And if one of the small minority of kids (or adults) gets stupid with you, dont get stupid back. I had 3 kids from LA get in my face the other night, and I wasnt even wearing anything that said upperman on it. What was I going to do? I just kept my mouth shut and went on with business. I know those 3 kids are not the normal LA fan. I cant take it personal. I just have to go on with life.

Until we make the rules and we determine where the games are held, we cannot make it a personal vendetta against each other, just because we are not happy with the location of the game.

Bring it strong LA, and good luck.

• Replies 375
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

No, I would not say that "fans will be fans". I am aware of the issues. I am aware of the fears.

Most of these problems are brought on (in my opinion) by:

1) ego's

2) hardcore fans

3) lack of common sense

With this being said, think back to Tuesday night. It was pretty obvious that there was an LA side of the gym, and an Upperman side of the gym. Am I right.

Even though this was VERY obvious there was still a row of people in front of me that were 100% LA fans. Was it that important for them to sit behind the bench that they had to be on the Upperman side of the court to do it?

There were also a hand full of LA fans scattered among the rest of the Upperman crowd. And I think we can all agree on one thing: If an LA fan has something to cheer about, they are going to be heard!! That is a great thing about the LA fans, but if you are in the middle of the Upperman fans, it can be a bit antagonizing.

Anyways, dont read this as me trying to shift the blame. I am just saying that it is equal.

Sit in the section of the gym that is designated for visitors. Cheer loud and proud. And if one of the small minority of kids (or adults) gets stupid with you, dont get stupid back. I had 3 kids from LA get in my face the other night, and I wasnt even wearing anything that said upperman on it. What was I going to do? I just kept my mouth shut and went on with business. I know those 3 kids are not the normal LA fan. I cant take it personal. I just have to go on with life.

Until we make the rules and we determine where the games are held, we cannot make it a personal vendetta against each other, just because we are not happy with the location of the game.

Bring it strong LA, and good luck.

If you're referring to the fans behind the LA bench.....These same fans have sat in those seats for many years, regardless of who's playing. I'm sure it was not their intent to antagonize anyone. They are great people and very loyal LA fans......................There is no doubt there are kids and immature adults at every school that can and do try to create problems..........but........the seating arrangement at the Upperman gym gives these type individuals the opportunity that they are looking for..... IMO, it's just a matter of time ?????????????? /ph34r.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":ph34r:" border="0" alt="ph34r.gif" />

If you're referring to the fans behind the LA bench.....These same fans have sat in those seats for many years, regardless of who's playing. I'm sure it was not their intent to antagonize anyone. They are great people and very loyal LA fans......................There is no doubt there are kids and immature adults at every school that can and do try to create problems..........but........the seating arrangement at the Upperman gym gives these type individuals the opportunity that they are looking for..... IMO, it's just a matter of time ?????????????? /ph34r.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":ph34r:" border="0" alt="ph34r.gif" />

those people behind the bench were very respectful, and were just cheering for their team. I am also certain that it was not their intent to antagonize fans. (I know they were a bad example. I do not know them, but they seemed like good people). Im just saying that sometimes things get out of control because of misunderstandings, misinterpretations, and sometimes because fans just want to antagonize the opponents.

OK RABBIT, from here down is meant for all fans, in general. This is not a comment to you, I am not ripping you here.

There are few fans out there that are as loyal and confident at the LA and Upperman fans. That alone can cause problems. The bottom line is this: There is what some people consider to be ODD seating arrangements in McWilliams Arena. But every LA fan knows those arrangements. Most other fans know those arrangements. Sit in the location designated for your fans. Cheer your tails off. Dont be disrespectful. (Im not saying that you are...just laying it all out) ANd the Upperman fans need to also be respectful. That is a two way street.

When I was in school, back home....of course...we had the exact same seating situation. EXACTLY. I grew up in the north in the 70s and 80s, which means a few things

1) yankees are a bunch of ornery jerks

2) it was the middle of segregation. Not all people were getting along

3) there were 2 and sometimes 3 schools in the same town that had a chance at the State Title every year. And as we have spoke about single elimination...these games were heated EVERYTIME, because each game meant something. If you got beat in the district final (or earlier round) you were DONE!!! There was no...catching them in the regionals. It was VERY VERY intense. I have been to the UHS -v- LA games at your place and ours. They are not as intense. They are almost friendly compared to the crap I have seen.

NEVER in all of my years of watching basketball back home was there a problem with the seating arrangements. Of course, there were not sports message boards either. So maybe there were problems and we just never heard of them.

Im not blaming LA for any problems in our gym. But I am saying that this is a two way street. I have seen 2 incidents in McWilliams arena. York, was instigated by a couple of kids down on the floor that had to get in faces of kids as they walked by. RESPECT issue. Had nothing to do with seating assignment. 2nd was 2 kids from Upperman fighting over some girl.

RESPECT. Both sides need to have it. There will be some from both sides that will not, but we just need to police ourselves a little better. And we need to quit complaining about things we cannot change.

http://www.tssaa.org

there is the link. there is somewhere on that link to voice the complaints. I am all for bigger arenas, neutral sites. But when things are laid out before the season, this is not the time to start complaining about them.

I only wear pink if I think Livingston needs a little luck.

if you head out now you might be able to buy enough of them to get you through to next weekend.

/thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" /> /popcorneater.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":popcorneater:" border="0" alt="popcorneater.gif" />

As i have stated in previous posts livingston will not make it to the state. my prediction is i dont kow if they get out of regions or sub state which ever they will not be playing past the 9th. however since i first made that statement the four other players besides dunn has stepped up play while dunn is sliding. might have to rethink prediction but will hold off until i watch them sat. so as of right now i will stick to my prediction livingston not going to state!!!

Dunn sliding? Lol... I think I would just start watching golf if I were you.

As I said, if I believe. Thus meaning, you believing means _________. Guessed it yet? /ph34r.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":ph34r:" border="0" alt="ph34r.gif" /> I do not plan on buying any, but plans can change. I'll stick to my winning combination.

Im with ya. Dont change anything. Keep believing.

I am one very superstitious piece of work. haha, MrsGatorBill hates it. But I would not change a thing as long as it is working.

Hope to see you in the gym soon.

Good luck. (we all will need some of that)

I'll say this.....If it were at LA, are UHS fans gonna just go along and not want it at a neutral sight? I can't believe that no one hasask this. Also, if not at Tech waht about Cookeville High? No way UHS seats as many as LA or CHS. Not fussing, just saying.

Gator, why do i feel like that the "dissrespect" was directed toward us and that Upperman would never start something? And I read the the whole post/book.. /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" /> ...Those games up north must have been something. Ask why York and Clarkrange don't play any any more.

Up2late, please correct any or all my post(that's not written correctly)...If I'm wrong I'm wrong..DUH! /roflolk.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflolk:" border="0" alt="roflolk.gif" />

Rocking Chair, I have been to all the district games and will at LA tomorrow and Saturday. See you there. /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

I'll say this.....If it were at LA, are UHS fans gonna just go along and not want it at a neutral sight? I can't believe that no one hasask this. Also, if not at Tech waht about Cookeville High? No way UHS seats as many as LA or CHS. Not fussing, just saying.

Gator, why do i feel like that the "dissrespect" was directed toward us and that Upperman would never start something? And I read the the whole post/book.. /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" /> ...Those games up north must have been something. Ask why York and Clarkrange don't play any any more.

Up2late, please correct any or all my post(that's not written correctly)...If I'm wrong I'm wrong..DUH! /roflolk.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflolk:" border="0" alt="roflolk.gif" />

Rocking Chair, I have been to all the district games and will at LA tomorrow and Saturday. See you there. /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

Big Daddy, the "disrespect" comments are pointed at both sides. Our fans need to respect your fans, and your fans need to respect our fans. It doesnt matter who is in the gym. Respect.

I have explained this to both of my kids, and if I ever see them acting out against this as players OR fans, it will be their last OPPORTUNITY to do so.

To me, respecting your opponent means this:

You play hard. (or cheer hard) You give everything you have at every second, of every minute, of every play. Same goes for the fans, you give everything you have.

BUT, players and fans alike, you do it with respect. You do not get in someones face and talk smack. You dont taunt. I mean really...isnt taunting just going to come back and bite that person in the backside someday. Karma is a bit....yeah, that.

When you foul someone too hard, you pick them up, dont be afraid to make an apology. And then when play starts back, you go back at them with everything you have. Hard fouls happen. As long as someone is not out there trying to hurt people. Leg swipes are not fouls, they are attempts to injure. I have seen them 3 times this year, (NONE by LA, I dont believe those kids would do that). Pushing a kids head to the floor as you scramble to get up is not a foul, that is disrespect. Talking crap to opponents fans is not cheering, it is disrespect. Does that make any sense? Im not aiming any of that at anyone, especially LA, just saying we all need to police our own fans that way.

I have played football on many levels, HS, college, semi pro. I have talked a little to the guy across the line from me...before the ball was snapped. But after the whistle, I picked my sorry butt up off the ground and went back to the huddle. I was on some very successful teams, and I have a few league championships to my name, but I dont talk crap. Not as a player, not as a fan, not as a member of the human race. Karma will come back and get me if I did.

As for the neutral site thing: Nobody wants to play someone else on their home floor. especially in the stinking regionals. I wouldnt want to play at your place. You are right. Im not saying "I would be fine with it" Im saying "we cant do anything about it". What stinks is there are 3 teams in this region with legit chances of winning the whole ball of wax. And of course we know they cant all advance.

Good luck. Hope to see you in the gym.

Duly noted.

excellent form. /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" />