Oak Ridge Hires New Coach!

92Dragon

I don't know anything other than what the Oak Ridger news item said. One player told me about the Nike thing but that's about it. One of the track coaches told me there were several guys doing their football conditioning AND track practice. That's a good sign.

Both middle schools are a couple weeks into track season. Robertsville already had their spring football practice, Keith likes to get it done before track season so when track is done, he's done with everything. Jefferson hasn't practiced yet, I want to say May 11th I think I heard is when they start Spring practice.

• Replies 183
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It sounds like everything you are saying is hearsay; I have met him & have talked with him many times RE: the direction of this program, I am Impressed with the man.

I'm sure you have a problem with Joe & Bruce as well right?

All I am hearing is what you think happened.

It's not like he pulled a knife on someone, or cursed a player.. Or pushed another coach or anything..

All Coach Mullins is done is make this Program better. Period..

I called the ORPD to put out an APB out on Jeff ...I mean Nick Orlando, is he at your house?

Runner, I don't know who you refer to as Jeff or Nick Orlando. I have seen the posts on here by Nick Orlando but I promise you neither is at my house nor have been, although Nick apparently does know some of these characters pretty well. It is not heresay that He(present A.D.) walked out on the Kids, and the program really left them in a bind a very short time before the season was to start, but they went on to have a great year in spite of being short-handed from a coaching stand point. I certainly have no problem with Joe or Bruce would love to have either back now or in the future. As far as making the program better I like the selection of the coach I just choose to give others credit for that hire.

Maybe if Bruce had been even a little bit diplomatic he wouldn't have left. It's interesting to talk to so many coaches who didn't have a good relationship with Bruce yet people say they're all the ones who had the problem, not him? Weird.

Come on now be objective I believe I remember you saying that the A.D. was blunt and had alienated some people it's hard to be diplomatic when your blunt and an alienator. If it's ok for the A.D. it has to be ok for the H.C. You can check it out on page 12 or so. Let's be fair though.

Runner, I don't know who you refer to as Jeff or Nick Orlando. I have seen the posts on here by Nick Orlando but I promise you neither is at my house nor have been, although Nick apparently does know some of these characters pretty well. It is not heresay that He(present A.D.) walked out on the Kids, and the program really left them in a bind a very short time before the season was to start, but they went on to have a great year in spite of being short-handed from a coaching stand point. I certainly have no problem with Joe or Bruce would love to have either back now or in the future. As far as making the program better I like the selection of the coach I just choose to give others credit for that hire.

Let me get this straight, you are ok with Joe Gaddis coming back after what

happened, but you have a problem with what Coach Mullins did? Wow.

Let me get this straight, you are ok with Joe Gaddis coming back after what

happened, but you have a problem with what Coach Mullins did? Wow.

Runner, I agree with you what he did was wrong and can never be considered anything but wrong. I can forgive them both. I just believe the H.C. is much more skilled at his craft than the A.D. is at his.

Runner, I agree with you what he did was wrong and can never be considered anything but wrong. I can forgive them both. I just believe the H.C. is much more skilled at his craft than the A.D. is at his.

That is your opinion.

I would say that the AD is much more skilled at his craft than you are at yours. that is my opinion.

Let me ask you this, how would you say our D coord. would rate last year?

How would he compare in his craft?

How about the head coach?

How about the assistants?

Let's see where you are coming from there Joe,

That is your opinion.

I would say that the AD is much more skilled at his craft than you are at yours. that is my opinion.

Let me ask you this, how would you say our D coord. would rate last year?

How would he compare in his craft?

How about the head coach?

How about the assistants?

Let's see where you are coming from there Joe,

Again Runner we agree that is my opinion. I would have to rate the staff last year on their record and that was not very good. Although I do hear many say we don't have much talent I choose to never blame the players. Also if I rated Joe Gaddis's or Bruce's record now or in the past there is no comparison to our A.D.'s lackluster record now or as a coach and that is what we were talking about. I also respect your opinion concerning my skills vs the A.D's it tells me a lot about you since you obiviously don't have a clue as to who I am. I guess the future will tell us all we need to know about the skills of all involved. You have good day and keep supporting those Cats.

Again Runner we agree that is my opinion. I would have to rate the staff last year on their record and that was not very good. Although I do hear many say we don't have much talent I choose to never blame the players. Also if I rated Joe Gaddis's or Bruce's record now or in the past there is no comparison to our A.D.'s lackluster record now or as a coach and that is what we were talking about. I also respect your opinion concerning my skills vs the A.D's it tells me a lot about you since you obiviously don't have a clue as to who I am. I guess the future will tell us all we need to know about the skills of all involved. You have good day and keep supporting those Cats.

No the fact is, I do know who you are, your name is Tommy & you are quitter because you are not coaching next year.

Now if you can talk your son into quitting, OR will be a much better place.

Let me quote some stats for you ,

The owls had 560 yards & over 20 first downs against us..

Do you have have questions?

How dare you blame the players!

You all were the worst staff in OR history. The stats prove it. I guess it was in the incoming AD's fault huh?

No the fact is, I do know who you are, your name is Tommy & you are quitter because you are not coaching next year.

Now if you can talk your son into quitting, OR will be a much better place.

Let me quote some stats for you ,

The owls had 560 yards & over 20 first downs against us..

Do you have have questions?

How dare you blame the players!

You all were the worst staff in OR history. The stats prove it. I guess it was in the incoming AD's fault huh?

Runner this time we finally we do not agree. You are totally clueless as to my identity. Not only am I not coaching next year I did not coach in years past certainly at that level. Also if you would re-read my post I said others said we did not have much talent no one can blame them for that I certainly never would as a fan. As far as the A.D. goes I wonder how he did interact with the former staff if he tried to help them out with as much experience as he had in the past? I assume he was the A.D. the whole time SS was coach was he not?

Runner this time we finally we do not agree. You are totally clueless as to my identity. Not only am I not coaching next year I did not coach in years past certainly at that level. Also if you would re-read my post I said others said we did not have much talent no one can blame them for that I certainly never would as a fan. As far as the A.D. goes I wonder how he did interact with the former staff if he tried to help them out with as much experience as he had in the past? I assume he was the A.D. the whole time SS was coach was he not?

You did seem to Blame the players, even just a good coach can get an effort out of a kid, there are many of those kids who wanted to be coached, they did not get it. We will see how Coach Blade does with them.

.. Yes the Ad was there the entire time SS was over there, guess what---- he took care of that did he not?

He was fair about it as well ...

Will you agree on one thing with me?

The 2005- 2008 staff was the worst in OR history..

Can we agree on that?

I just need a yes or no.