Oak Ridge Hires New Coach!

92Dragon

Are the coaches there really that bad? I don't know and I am not trying to stick up for them. I just don't know enough about what was going on the past 2 seasons. Did they do a bad job? Did the buy in to what Stevens was trying to run. I don't think any of them undermined the program to get a new HC. It seemed like we had some good coaches that know what they are doing and maybe it just didn't work for our team. Again I'm clueless to the ins and outs. Can Coach Blade get them on the same page? Do we need new blood in the staff. I only ask b/c it seems that it will be difficult to bring in many new coaches with the salary the OR teachers make. No way to just clean house and bring in a new staff and anyone would be crazy to leave the OR school district as a educator.

SS may not have been the leader that this staff needed, but loyalty was virtually non-existent within the staff from day one. Talking out of school was the rule, rather than the exception. One coach in particular has made an art form of it for a while, and some of the others have no idea what loyalty is. Blade needs to totally clean house in my opinion, but that is unrealistic I guess. I would advise him to keep nobody from the old staff, and let Gray stay at Catholic. We have a new head coach with no local ties, so I would love to see him start from scratch with his staff.

• Replies 183
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

A good coach will coach his coaches, communicate clearly what needs to be accomplished on a day to day basis, and hold assistants accountable. I have no doubt all of this will happen. We have some good assistants and some not so good assistants. Blade is smart enough to know the difference.

A good coach will coach his coaches, communicate clearly what needs to be accomplished on a day to day basis, and hold assistants accountable. I have no doubt all of this will happen. We have some good assistants and some not so good assistants. Blade is smart enough to know the difference.

Trying to stay positive, who are the good assistants in your opinion?

I think Adams is a good position coach and Jeff Minor is a very hard worker and can get done what you ask him to. Tommy Minor might decide to retire on his own. I think Saunders does a good job with the kickers. I thought Thompson did a much better job with the freshmen than Layton did with them before he left. These are just my opinions. We have some pretty good assistants. They're not all just horrible. Whoever is left will have to work together better and all be more accountable in the weight room and other areas.

I think Adams is a good position coach and Jeff Minor is a very hard worker and can get done what you ask him to. Tommy Minor might decide to retire on his own. I think Saunders does a good job with the kickers. I thought Thompson did a much better job with the freshmen than Layton did with them before he left. These are just my opinions. We have some pretty good assistants. They're not all just horrible. Whoever is left will have to work together better and all be more accountable in the weight room and other areas.

My son played for Coach Blade at Hillsboro...he will work their butts off, requires total dedication and concentration. He expects the same from his assistants. But look at the results. He will make everybody better but he will ruffle some feathers...and not care. I think you will see a significant improvement in your program.

I will agree with you on Coach Saunders, but that's where it ends.

I feel the others lack the Knowledge to do the job, just my opinion.

I could be wrong.

These guys dropped the ball when Stanton didn't do his job and they just stood around with their hands in their pockets

and didn't do anything. Most all of them are OR alums and some pride should have kicked in to make the players a team. But by doing nothing they did help us get rid of Stanton!

These guys dropped the ball when Stanton didn't do his job and they just stood around with their hands in their pockets

and didn't do anything. Most all of them are OR alums and some pride should have kicked in to make the players a team. But by doing nothing they did help us get rid of Stanton!

This is true.

I will agree with you on Coach Saunders, but that's where it ends.

I feel the others lack the Knowledge to do the job, just my opinion.

I could be wrong.

I agree with you. I think Jackson does a good job and I have respect for Phil Thompson. That Oline coach, Smith(?) seemed like he knew his stuff and the players respected him. I don't even really mind Jeff Minor, I just don't think he should have been a coordinator. Those 4 plus Saunders and you have 5 coaches right there.

They either need to get a top notch D Coordinator so Blade can run the offense or get a top notch O coordinator to implement Blade's scheme so he can run the defense. Either way we need a good coordinator, which isn't anyone on the current staff I'm afraid.