Oak Ridge Hires New Coach!

92Dragon

The players are already realizing that this is a whole new work ethic. The kids are working much harder than was expected before. They got really sore in a very short time. One kid said, "this guy's killing us". That is good.

This is great! Hard work ethic and accountability and dicsipline will turn this or any program around in a hurry! Looks like OR will be back real soon! Best wishes to OR!

• Replies 183
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I agree with you. I think Jackson does a good job and I have respect for Phil Thompson. That Oline coach, Smith(?) seemed like he knew his stuff and the players respected him. I don't even really mind Jeff Minor, I just don't think he should have been a coordinator. Those 4 plus Saunders and you have 5 coaches right there.

They either need to get a top notch D Coordinator so Blade can run the offense or get a top notch O coordinator to implement Blade's scheme so he can run the defense. Either way we need a good coordinator, which isn't anyone on the current staff I'm afraid.

I agree with your last paragraph.

Or maybe he isn't either. in order to be involved on both sides of the ball equally he might hire 2 coordinators & teach them his system & have them install it the way he likes it. Being a coordinator is like being a manager of a retail store you are responsible for running the store the way the boss wants it ran.