Oak Ridge Hires New Coach!

92Dragon

I was just saying that if he was not good enough to go to RW, he must have been loaded. I guess the players will take all of the credit. I guess you are saying that GQ & the guys over at Maryville were not that good.

Powercat and TheSpoon have continued to dismiss Blade's credentials as all HHS talent. Yet they seem to be unable to explain how ALL THAT TALENT couldn't beat Maryville dating back to 2001 until Blade and his assistants got ALL THAT TALENT to work together as a disciplined TEAM until 2008. If coaching isn't the difference, Stratford, Maplewood, Hunters Lane, Whites, Creek, Antioch, etc. would have more consistent success on the football field than they do.

• Replies 183
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Powercat and TheSpoon have continued to dismiss Blade's credentials as all HHS talent. Yet they seem to be unable to explain how ALL THAT TALENT couldn't beat Maryville dating back to 2001 until Blade and his assistants got ALL THAT TALENT to work together as a disciplined TEAM until 2008. If coaching isn't the difference, Stratford, Maplewood, Hunters Lane, Whites, Creek, Antioch, etc. would have more consistent success on the football field than they do.

I thought that was the case,

I thought that was the case,

If I were you I would hope that is the case. I have never said he was not a good coach. Explain losses to Franklin and MBA and last year to Maplewood. I guess the Maplewood coach could not coach this year after making it the state championships last year. The answer is players. Teams with divsion 1 players and college plyers win more often than not. Another reason Blade left is the talent at Hillsboro is going to be less. I wish him nothing but success,just do not want you people the think you will be winners right off the bat. Good luck.

If I were you I would hope that is the case. I have never said he was not a good coach. Explain losses to Franklin and MBA and last year to Maplewood. I guess the Maplewood coach could not coach this year after making it the state championships last year. The answer is players. Teams with divsion 1 players and college plyers win more often than not. Another reason Blade left is the talent at Hillsboro is going to be less. I wish him nothing but success,just do not want you people the think you will be winners right off the bat. Good luck.

You know why Blade left HHS: sure, he might have seen that the talent was going to be less than it's been in the past. However, HHS will still have talent and they will still be competitive if they get a good coach who understands the situation.

However, I'm willing to guess that the NUMBER ONE reason he went to Oak Ridge, where I'm just guessing that they don't have HHS's level of talent, (someone from Oak Ridge please confirm or deny) is more support for the football program from the entire community. That would also explain why he would apply for Ravenwood.

Btw, I'll explain right now how Maplewood beat HHS in the 2007 4A quarterfinals: EIGHT fumbles, all lost! Funny thing though, HHS still had to miss the potential game-winning field goal to lose that game by ONE point.

You know why Blade left HHS: sure, he might have seen that the talent was going to be less than it's been in the past. However, HHS will still have talent and they will still be competitive if they get a good coach who understands the situation.

However, I'm willing to guess that the NUMBER ONE reason he went to Oak Ridge, where I'm just guessing that they don't have HHS's level of talent, (someone from Oak Ridge please confirm or deny) is more support for the football program from the entire community. That would also explain why he would apply for Ravenwood.

Btw, I'll explain right now how Maplewood beat HHS last year in the quarterfinals: EIGHT fumbles, all lost! Funny thing though, HHS still had to miss the potential game-winning field goal to lose that game by ONE point.

I will stop talking so you can concentrate on a new coach. I just hope he will be loved as much as you love Coach Blade. Good luck in the future. Anyone in the building who can take his place? Start a new thread.

I will stop talking so you can concentrate on a new coach. I just hope he will be loved as much as you love Coach Blade. Good luck in the future. Anyone in the building who can take his place? Start a new thread.

I'm sorry you don't respect Coach Blade as much...talk to Oak Ridge in a few years and see how much they like him. Btw, there is a thread for HHS and it's already being discussed.

Congrats to Oak Ridge in hiring coach Blade for it's football program.He is stepping into a top football program in the state loaded with tradition.Hopefully the Ridge can become the kind of football team it has been in the past.I have always enjoyed the DB and Oak Ridge games.Good luck to the Ridge players and coach Blade and his staff this year. Hope to be eating some Big Ed's pizza soon. /rolleyes.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":rolleyes:" border="0" alt="rolleyes.gif" />

This is a GREAT day! The Oak Ridge Family stands as ONE!

Ole Dad, put the crow down. I have read and disagreed with many of your posts but you always had the best for OR in your heart. That goes for Bounder, TNBreaker and many others who expressed concerns the last several years.

WELCOME TO SLICE AND DICE FOOTBALL! Coach Blade you will have the honor of coaching my nephew the next four years. Please, set HIGH expectations for him as a player and a person. He is a super kid with a multitude of talents and a wonderful life ahead of him and being a part of the Oak Ridge Football Tradition will leave a life long impression on him. I'll drive from Chattanooga tomorrow to be at the Wildcat Arena.

OAK RIDGE: State Champions in the 1950's, 1960's, 1970's, 1980's and 1990's!

Can we keep the five decade streak alive? SLICE AND DICE! SLICE ANG DICE!