Oak Ridge Hires New Coach!

92Dragon

You did seem to Blame the players, even just a good coach can get an effort out of a kid, there are many of those kids who wanted to be coached, they did not get it. We will see how Coach Blade does with them.

.. Yes the Ad was there the entire time SS was over there, guess what---- he took care of that did he not?

He was fair about it as well ...

Will you agree on one thing with me?

The 2005- 2008 staff was the worst in OR history..

Can we agree on that?

I just need a yes or no.

Yes. In all fairness though you have to include everyone and that would include the A.D.

• Replies 183
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ok, we will include Him . We will also give him credit for cleaning it up.

Now back to FB...

I don't know why, but here is what I I picture Blade saying to the players:

"Ok gentlemen,let's start from scratch, Gentlemen, this is a football" much like another great coach did with his players in the NFL back in the day...

And a lot like what they are going over at U.T. right now , just with a lot more maturity.

What I mean is we have a long way to go, but I hear we have some great kids over there who want to learn & want to be coached. I can't wait until spring practice!

Come on now be objective I believe I remember you saying that the A.D. was blunt and had alienated some people it's hard to be diplomatic when your blunt and an alienator. If it's ok for the A.D. it has to be ok for the H.C. You can check it out on page 12 or so. Let's be fair though.

I didn't say him being blunt was a bad thing. He's brutally honest which is why some don't like him. There was an incident and Bruce handled it poorly, causing Mullins to not come back. Maybe Mike overreacted, I wasn't there in person so I don't know whether his feelings were justified but Lussier dismissed it like it wasn't a big deal which you just can't do. His Dline coach had a problem and he needed to solve it instead of dismissing it as nothing. As it turns out, it was a problem that another coach on the staff solved pretty quick...Lussier could have solved it quick and not upset off his Dline coach but he chose not to. I blame him.

Mike Mullins is a good guy and a good AD. There is not a person in Oak Ridge that cares more about ORHS sports than Mike Mullins, I guarantee it. Yes he's blunt and doesn't play the game, which is why he's alienated some people, but he doesn't mind making the hard decisions and alienating some people. He's another guy who is there just for the kids and doesn't have some ulterior motive.

We just hired a football coach, and a good one at that. That given, why are we talking about the AD? He did a good job finding this coach, if in fact he did it, and we all appreciate it. But he "there is not a person in OR that cares more"...that is a stretch. Let's congratulate him on the hire, but not make him a saint!

Oh please, you blamed Mullins, Bailey, and Carringer for the Stanton Stevens debacle, but now that we have a good coach it was ALL Bailey and Carringer? Mullins deserves blame when a bad move is made but gets no credit when a good decision is blamed. Blade was Mullins and Carringers recommendation, and Bailey followed that. I commend all 3 for the hire.

I would agree with you .

Mullins did not hire Blade.

Are you saying that you know that for a fact? Unless you are TB or CC, I don't see how that is possible. Why would you say that?

You guys all deserve each other! What tools!!!! Tampons ailse 3!!!! /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" /> /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" /> /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" />

Would someone who cares or cared so much about the program and the Kids walk out on them and the other coaches days or weeks before the start of the season like he did in 2003 or 2004 not sure which year. Is that caring ? Also I am told he was turned down by the present coach and others came in to secure the hire.

I don't like the way he left, but it was a personality conflict. He probably should have quit, but his timing wasn't good. How could it be his fault if he was turned down by Blade?

I have a question to all of you Mike Mullins's fans? Here's the situation, during Coach Stevens second season coaching, Coach Stevens had an informal get together (interpret this how you please) with his players, which from my understanding, wasn't allowed under TSSAA rules. Mike Mullins told Coach Stevens he had a moral and ethical obligation to report this to the TSSAA, and he did. The question is, will Mike Mullins, the AD, do the same to Coach Blades. He's having informal get together with his players. To me, I think Mike Mullin's principles are at stake on this one.

Here's another question about the program. Will Barry Saunders, aka kicking coach, report to the public everything coach Blades is doing good or bad? He seemed to start bashing Coach Stevens halfway through the season. Several people have heard conversations involving Coach Saunders bashing the program. When will he get started?

He is a good guy, but he is also an "equal opportunity" basher, so the answer is yes. He has bashed them all, and Blade will be no different. If the reporting incident you describe is true, then he should do it anytime it occurs. How do you know this to be true?

Maybe if Bruce had been even a little bit diplomatic he wouldn't have left. It's interesting to talk to so many coaches who didn't have a good relationship with Bruce yet people say they're all the ones who had the problem, not him? Weird.

He is an excellent coach, but diplomacy is not his strong suit.