NFHS Football Rule Changes for 2009

ELA

• Replies 16
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1. I must admit, I never like the A11 football scheme. It was a gimmek at best and a pain in the behind to prepare for simply because your defensive staff had to waste so much time working on it. Very unconventional and not your traditional football system.

2. I am happy to see the HORSE-COLLAR go and I hope they will someday remove the knee destroying FREE CLIP ZONE rule. It comes up every year but has not been amended in a long time.

3. The rule I don't like is the adjustment for the coaches box. I had more than one argument this past season with sideline officials about the 3 men in the coaches box rule. Next year, we will all have to step back into the PLAYERS BOX before the start of the play. They had might as well get ready for throwing a lot of flags on this one because 99% of the coaches in the state did not adhere to the three coach in the box rule!

1. I must admit, I never like the A11 football scheme. It was a gimmek at best and a pain in the behind to prepare for simply because your defensive staff had to waste so much time working on it. Very unconventional and not your traditional football system.

2. I am happy to see the HORSE-COLLAR go and I hope they will someday remove the knee destroying FREE CLIP ZONE rule. It comes up every year but has not been amended in a long time.

3. The rule I don't like is the adjustment for the coaches box. I had more than one argument this past season with sideline officials about the 3 men in the coaches box rule. Next year, we will all have to step back into the PLAYERS BOX before the start of the play. They had might as well get ready for throwing a lot of flags on this one because 99% of the coaches in the state did not adhere to the three coach in the box rule!

I hate that 3 coach in the box rule. ALL we had were 4 coach's on the sideline and an equipment guy who was never in the box and we got warned for it all year with no call. It's just pointless and aggravating. Some officials would let you stand on the numbers and scream your head off while others wouldn't let you toe the line to tell your QB something. Maryville had 20 coach's on the sideline with 6 in the box and 2 on the field the whole game I saw them play and nothing was said to them.

A11 offense? just a fan here, but what is that?

Its a gimmick offense where all 11 players wear an eligible number to catch or run the ball. When the offense lines up pre snap then shift you don't know whos a blocker and whos a receiver until just before the ball is snapped. I don't know if anyone in Tennessee ran it or not last year but there was a team in Cal. I believe who has done it for a few years now.

I've coached O-Line for quite some time and can't think of any instance where one of my players or opposing has been injured by a legal clip in the free clip zone. Most O-Line Knee injuries occur as one falls on another who is immobile for one reason or another.

Its a gimmick offense where all 11 players wear an eligible number to catch or run the ball. When the offense lines up pre snap then shift you don't know whos a blocker and whos a receiver until just before the ball is snapped. I don't know if anyone in Tennessee ran it or not last year but there was a team in Cal. I believe who has done it for a few years now.

Lake County In Single A Used It Quite Effectively Last Season. Glad To See It Gone.

They are passing a petition around for schools to send to their state and NFHS for a 3 yr experiment with the main emphasis is there are less injuries in the A-11 brand of football. (I am calling B.S., putting players in that much space creates more likely for injuries due to the ability of players to get to full speed and violent when they get there.)

It is on their site, a-11offense.com.