Cannon County Coach fired?

Guest patriotspy39

• Replies 29
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Just heard a rumor Cannon County Football Coach was fired today.

Unfortunately it seems this rumor is true. I do not know the reason why, I suspect it was a few parent phone calls and thats all it takes. Lets just put this in perspective for a moment. Cannon Co. does not have a football tradition at all. 2 seasons ago they went 6-5 and I was excited and still am excited about the direction of the football program, but just because there is one winning season since the 70's that does not mean that going 4-6 should get you fired. I did not agree with everything Bartsch did, nor did I agree with everything Barger did or any other coach in any sport and no fan does. What I did do is support all these coaches, and trust the people that searched and hired these coaches. I am no football coach and do not claim to be that is why even if do not always agree with coaches' decisions I still support them, because they no football more than I do. Now Bartsch went 4-6 this year, I don't consider that a disapoinment especially at Cannon Co. He battled some injury problems with Melvin Young and other key players as well, I am sure that made a difference and also it takes most coach's more than one year to implement there style to the team. At Cannon Co. any football coach is trying to build a winning culture and motivate and make players believe and I think Coach Bartsch was doing that. I do know this, players do not benefit from having 3 head coaches in 3 seasons. Players need stability and leadership. Now, look at the message this sends any interested candidates. If they take the job at Cannon Co. a school trying to build a new winning culture in football, but that has no tradition and we fire a coach for going 4-6 after one season? Does that sound like an attractive job? I do not not know the reason Coach Bartsch was let go, so I am reluctant to say very much without the facts, but I believe all coaches deserve more than one season. All we can do now is let the administration form the best search committee possible and find somone with enthusiam and someone who wants to work hard and bring stability to a program trying to change its culture and become a winner.

Unfortunately it seems this rumor is true. I do not know the reason why, I suspect it was a few parent phone calls and thats all it takes. Lets just put this in perspective for a moment. Cannon Co. does not have a football tradition at all. 2 seasons ago they went 6-5 and I was excited and still am excited about the direction of the football program, but just because there is one winning season since the 70's that does not mean that going 4-6 should get you fired. I did not agree with everything Bartsch did, nor did I agree with everything Barger did or any other coach in any sport and no fan does. What I did do is support all these coaches, and trust the people that searched and hired these coaches. I am no football coach and do not claim to be that is why even if do not always agree with coaches' decisions I still support them, because they no football more than I do. Now Bartsch went 4-6 this year, I don't consider that a disapoinment especially at Cannon Co. He battled some injury problems with Melvin Young and other key players as well, I am sure that made a difference and also it takes most coach's more than one year to implement there style to the team. At Cannon Co. any football coach is trying to build a winning culture and motivate and make players believe and I think Coach Bartsch was doing that. I do know this, players do not benefit from having 3 head coaches in 3 seasons. Players need stability and leadership. Now, look at the message this sends any interested candidates. If they take the job at Cannon Co. a school trying to build a new winning culture in football, but that has no tradition and we fire a coach for going 4-6 after one season? Does that sound like an attractive job? I do not not know the reason Coach Bartsch was let go, so I am reluctant to say very much without the facts, but I believe all coaches deserve more than one season. All we can do now is let the administration form the best search committee possible and find somone with enthusiam and someone who wants to work hard and bring stability to a program trying to change its culture and become a winner.

You will never change the "loser" tradition at Cannon Co without support for the program and that goes for all sides. Especially from the admin around that place. When you have a principal in place that is a "YES" person and likes to micro-manage you will never have a WINNING program there. All the admin wants in Woodbury is a rec league football team.

P-brain. Barger got about anything he wanted during his time at cannon. So i don't believe working with a coach was the probablem givin that was the only one she had to work with,i believe the coach that the one that was there when she was hired, knew more about the menu at Mc donalds than he did about his own play book. so he was let go. so that proves she was trying to better the program. As far as this edge guy goes, i believe he is a lil sore at the Principal, for something that happened earlier today. Now about the dismissal of the player. The one you reffered to ask kin to the speaker, the kid was at work outs everyday, and did his workouts, which by the way couldn't even benifit a B-ball team. I believe Andrew sealed his own fate, because of the numerous confrontations with parents, or atleast the way they were handled, oh and all the onside kicks. lol

This is another example of how Cannon County can't or fails to understand how to run the program... It's my understanding the Athletic director (Vice Principal) wasn't aware of the firing.....The principal "The one who has to have complete control" once again has made a snap decision without giving thought to how far back she can put the program. Bartsch was never giving a chance !!!!! news floating around the field house had Bartsch dismissing a couple of kids (one of them kin the the book writer speaker). If kids aren't showing up for off season activity weight lifting and conditioning then they should be dismissed..... THAT IS WHAT IT TAKES IN TODAY'S PROGRAMS TO BE A WINNER.....I hope everything works out for the coach and he lands somewhere he will be appreciated... He wasn't in Cannon County... I don't know what the Principal is looking for in a coach, but she doesn't have the reputation of working with coaches or Barger wouldn't have left..... And now we will have a 3rd coach in 3 years, this won't work in the region Cannon County plays in. Maybe we should see into firing the Principal and getting someone in the position that wants a football program... She needs to go back to chasing kids up and down the hallway because they rolling on the floors on thier heely's!!!! that is something she can do......

P-spy, you have done your homework well once again.

As for me being sore at the principal...yeah I am sore at the principal because she doesn't have a clue what she is doing. She is hurting that program and those kids. As I said before she just wants a rec program at Cannon Co. Now if you are implying that I am Bartsch with that comment Gird88 then you are just plain stupid.

Why so late in firing the coach? If they were going to replace the coach, should have done it earlier.

Read P-spy's post above for the answer to your question.

This is another example of how Cannon County can't or fails to understand how to run the program... It's my understanding the Athletic director (Vice Principal) wasn't aware of the firing.....The principal "The one who has to have complete control" once again has made a snap decision without giving thought to how far back she can put the program. Bartsch was never giving a chance !!!!! news floating around the field house had Bartsch dismissing a couple of kids (one of them kin the the book writer speaker). If kids aren't showing up for off season activity weight lifting and conditioning then they should be dismissed..... THAT IS WHAT IT TAKES IN TODAY'S PROGRAMS TO BE A WINNER.....I hope everything works out for the coach and he lands somewhere he will be appreciated... He wasn't in Cannon County... I don't know what the Principal is looking for in a coach, but she doesn't have the reputation of working with coaches or Barger wouldn't have left..... And now we will have a 3rd coach in 3 years, this won't work in the region Cannon County plays in. Maybe we should see into firing the Principal and getting someone in the position that wants a football program... She needs to go back to chasing kids up and down the hallway because they rolling on the floors on thier heely's!!!! that is something she can do......

I am still unsure of the "official" reason for Bartsch's dismaissal, so I don't want to bash anyone to hard, but I will say this the athletic director should be the one who does the hiring and firing of coaches. There is no point in having one if that responsibility is not his or at least ask for his input before a decision is made. Not saying that is was the athletic directors's fault, he like most supported Bartsch and knows that it takes more than one season to get your system in. What this shows is bad timing, if they were set on firing Bartsch which again I feel was the wrong decision, they should have done it soon after the season. I agree with p-spy if the players who were dismissed were not dedicated enough to show up for workouts, they have no place on the team. If nothing else Coach Bartsch did an excellent job with discipline, which is an absolute must to be successful. I hope coach Bartsch lands another job and is very successful, because he deserves it and I wish we could have at least given him 2 seasons. That being said the job now is to move on and find the best possible coach to bring stability and leadership to a program that needs that bad right now.

This is truly UNBELIEVABLE! A young, energetic coach is fired for showing kids discipline? You have GOT to be kidding. Just shows how this country's soft approach of making excuses for kids instead of making them accountable is destroying this nation.

Coach B.....I wish you the very best. You were terrific at Oakland, and I know right now you must be very hurt and saddened by this.

.....but in the long run, you will see that CC did you a favor. You wanted to build a WINNER and they could care less about that there.

You WILL land on your feet. Maybe you should contact Coach A at Riverdale. A fellow with your knowledge of the wingt would be an asset there!

This is truly UNBELIEVABLE! A young, energetic coach is fired for showing kids discipline? You have GOT to be kidding. Just shows how this country's soft approach of making excuses for kids instead of making them accountable is destroying this nation.

Coach B.....I wish you the very best. You were terrific at Oakland, and I know right now you must be very hurt and saddened by this.

.....but in the long run, you will see that CC did you a favor. You wanted to build a WINNER and they could care less about that there.

You WILL land on your feet. Maybe you should contact Coach A at Riverdale. A fellow with your knowledge of the wingt would be an asset there!

I would venture to guess there is more to the story.

P-brain. Barger got about anything he wanted during his time at cannon. So i don't believe working with a coach was the probablem givin that was the only one she had to work with,i believe the coach that the one that was there when she was hired, knew more about the menu at Mc donalds than he did about his own play book. so he was let go. so that proves she was trying to better the program. As far as this edge guy goes, i believe he is a lil sore at the Principal, for something that happened earlier today. Now about the dismissal of the player. The one you reffered to ask kin to the speaker, the kid was at work outs everyday, and did his workouts, which by the way couldn't even benifit a B-ball team. I believe Andrew sealed his own fate, because of the numerous confrontations with parents, or atleast the way they were handled, oh and all the onside kicks. lol

Talk about a P-BRAIN you need to get you facts straight "88" before you start practicing those typing skills, you stated that " edge guy" was a "lil sore" at the Principle for something that happened earlier in the day, we ( or anyone that cares anything about CCHS athletics) should be a lot more than "lil sore" at the PRINCIPAL for what happened earlier in the day!I'm not sure how many kin folk the speaker has on the team but it no secret that one of them (to put it nicely) has a smart mouth and performs at way less than 100%,why would the coach want to dismiss a kid with those qualities?On to Andrew sealing his fate,if those parents that had those "numerous confrontations"had put forth HALF as much effort in support of the coach and the team we probably would not be on this subject tonight.Those onside kicks , just go to Bartch's "you tube" site and scan through the numerous ones that he has made available and check out the FRA vs. CC .The start of the second half with CC down 7 to 0 Bartch calls and the team executes a BRILLIANT onside kick that sparked a CC comeback and BIG win LOL! Good luck to coach Bartch I just wish that we could have been able to hold to him long enough to instill some stability , disipline and respect for the program and players .

Talk about a P-BRAIN you need to get you facts straight "88" before you start practicing those typing skills, you stated that " edge guy" was a "lil sore" at the Principle for something that happened earlier in the day, we ( or anyone that cares anything about CCHS athletics) should be a lot more than "lil sore" at the PRINCIPAL for what happened earlier in the day!I'm not sure how many kin folk the speaker has on the team but it no secret that one of them (to put it nicely) has a smart mouth and performs at way less than 100%,why would the coach want to dismiss a kid with those qualities?On to Andrew sealing his fate,if those parents that had those "numerous confrontations"had put forth HALF as much effort in support of the coach and the team we probably would not be on this subject tonight.Those onside kicks , just go to Bartch's "you tube" site and scan through the numerous ones that he has made available and check out the FRA vs. CC .The start of the second half with CC down 7 to 0 Bartch calls and the team executes a BRILLIANT onside kick that sparked a CC comeback and BIG win LOL! Good luck to coach Bartch I just wish that we could have been able to hold to him long enough to instill some stability , disipline and respect for the program and players .

The onside kick issue is irrelevant, were some of them a bad decision probably. That goes back to what I said earlier about no fan is always going to agree with every decision a coach makes. And by the way I like what you said about if the disgruntled parents would have out out half the energy to support the program,as they did to bash it and complain about the coach the program would be much further along. I do not want to play the blame game because I believe that just causes more trouble and sets the program back, and that is not wht is needed right now. Cannon Co. football and athletics in general need a new image and that image should be one of stability, better facilities, and most important support of its coaches and staff. If people spent the time finishing the field house, or perhaps raising money to improve the restroom facilities or many other improvements as they do running down the program and finding everything wrong with it the team would progress much more. A prospective new coach would not want to come to a school that has to much parental influence or lack of support. I am convinced Cannon Co. can become an attractive job and a consistent competitor, but it is going to take the support of everyone and we all have to be on the same page about where we want the program to go and strive to improve our program and above all I feel like the palyers deserve some stability and all supporters of Cannon Co athletics should try and get on the same page and achieve the vision we all have and want for our programs.