Cannon Co. Football

wildcat5

Well wildcat, I??™ve enjoyed reading your post, maybe to the fact we really don't differ on the idea of a coach or how cannon county football can be successful. And the only way that can happen is if we find a coach who is willing to put in the time to teach familyness, and as you said unite to be a stronger team and community. But on your other comment about the head coach, well coaching comes first and not bashing Bartsch but there's other who can do better than what he did do. And something you may not know wildcat and will probably be impressed with, is even though we don't have a head coach, the fundraising has already began. The assistant coach Griswold and Larson have already set the kids up with the annual spring lift-a-thon. The goal is I believe 3,400 dollars and I??™m not exactly sure on the date of the fundraiser but I??™ll get back to you on it. And final comment, I agree it is hard to find a coach with all the intangibles to be a successful coach and the best fit would be an assistant from a highly ranked school from somewhere in Tennessee.

I knew the lift-a-thon was set I believe its April 4th, I didn't know the goal though. I hope that it is reached. I hope whenever the new coach is hired he hits the halls and elementary schools and finds players that want to become successful and become apart of what I hope is a new culture here at Cannon Co. I've seen the way it feels to win and be on top of the world and the confidence that goes along with that and thats what we need in my opinion someone who can teach that mantality. I know we do not have the perfect personel for some versions of it, but tell me your opinion on if Cannon Co. started running the spread. Its the future of every level of football, and when run properly it is hard to stop and teams can lite up the scoreboard.

• Replies 366
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The Lift-A-Thon is Sat April 4th at 3pm in the parking lot of the fieldhouse. There are alot of events planned that day. Softball tournament all day, LAT at 3 and a soccer game that evening at 530. I was also told there might be a dunking booth. So, Saddle up Dodgen. I call dibs. To all the players, keep busting that tail in the weightroom. I'm proud of the hard work and so is your county.

I knew the lift-a-thon was set I believe its April 4th, I didn't know the goal though. I hope that it is reached. I hope whenever the new coach is hired he hits the halls and elementary schools and finds players that want to become successful and become apart of what I hope is a new culture here at Cannon Co. I've seen the way it feels to win and be on top of the world and the confidence that goes along with that and thats what we need in my opinion someone who can teach that mantality. I know we do not have the perfect personel for some versions of it, but tell me your opinion on if Cannon Co. started running the spread. Its the future of every level of football, and when run properly it is hard to stop and teams can lite up the scoreboard.

Again, how and where does the Shelbyville assistant come into play? Did he apply? "Wildcat" where have you seen "the way it feels to be on top of the world and the confidence that goes along with that"?

Go Lions

Again, how and where does the Shelbyville assistant come into play? Did he apply? "Wildcat" where have you seen "the way it feels to be on top of the world and the confidence that goes along with that"?

Go Lions

A fella I talked to the other day mentioned a Shelbyville Asst. coach and a Riverdale Asst. coach applied but didn't know any names or any particulars. All rumors and gossip, don't know how much is true. We're waiting to see who yall hire. How long yall gonna take on this? The Dekalb Cannon County game will be interesting this year.

Will you be attending the lift-a-thon? But I hope it is also, and i agree that's what it's going to have to be like if the community of Cannon count wants football in their culture. But my opinion on the spread? Well I think it'd be great if the coaches could find the athletes to do so. Cannon county has tradionally been a wing-t offense but i'm sure that in the halls of cchs there's the athletes to run the spread, we may already hav the athletes to do so. And please nobody take offense to that, i'm not saying the football team doesn't already have the athletes to run the spread. But who on our schedule sticks out that runs the spread? Dekalb. Who on our schedule put up the most points on us? Dekalb. Just something for the people of Cannon county to think about.

The Lift-A-Thon is Sat April 4th at 3pm in the parking lot of the fieldhouse. There are alot of events planned that day. Softball tournament all day, LAT at 3 and a soccer game that evening at 530. I was also told there might be a dunking booth. So, Saddle up Dodgen. I call dibs. To all the players, keep busting that tail in the weightroom. I'm proud of the hard work and so is your county.

Where is the softball tournment? And where is the soccer game? But Trenches if there's a dunking booth, I call dibs on you my man. /popcorneater.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":popcorneater:" border="0" alt="popcorneater.gif" /> /biggrin.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":D" border="0" alt="biggrin.gif" /> /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" />

Will you be attending the lift-a-thon? But I hope it is also, and i agree that's what it's going to have to be like if the community of Cannon count wants football in their culture. But my opinion on the spread? Well I think it'd be great if the coaches could find the athletes to do so. Cannon county has tradionally been a wing-t offense but i'm sure that in the halls of cchs there's the athletes to run the spread, we may already hav the athletes to do so. And please nobody take offense to that, i'm not saying the football team doesn't already have the athletes to run the spread. But who on our schedule sticks out that runs the spread? Dekalb. Who on our schedule put up the most points on us? Dekalb. Just something for the people of Cannon county to think about.

We love us some spread!

Go Lions

I have seen many championship games in football and mostly basketball and I have felt that before when I played sports, never on a championship level, but still that little confidence that you can play with and beat anybody thats a confidence winners have.

I hope to try and make it by there, I wish we could evolve to some version of the spread I know we probably can't do the pass happy version Dekalb's runs and runs very well I might add, but perhaps a more run oriented version. It would take time to learn I'm sure but I would like to see it here at Cannon Co. Anyway I do not know very much about the X's and O's of football, my expertise is in administration, I'm just expressing my opinion on the way the game is evolving even on the high school level.

I hope to try and make it by there, I wish we could evolve to some version of the spread I know we probably can't do the pass happy version Dekalb's runs and runs very well I might add, but perhaps a more run oriented version. It would take time to learn I'm sure but I would like to see it here at Cannon Co. Anyway I do not know very much about the X's and O's of football, my expertise is in administration, I'm just expressing my opinion on the way the game is evolving even on the high school level.

And even if we passed the ball 15 times a game with 35 or 30 rushes, it could light up the score board. Cannon county might pass between 3 and 6 times a game, not much at all. Passing the ball would increase the chances of big plays so that could really make a difference in a football game. But wildcat, the X's and O's are all what i'm about rather than in administration. It's nice to have people on coacht that can stregthen your knowledge, and i see what your saying about the game evolving. Where offenses will become more and more complex over the years, where it could get so hards for defenses to stop, so a new offense would hae to evolve in Cannon county to compete in the region and hopefully in the playoffs.