Cannon Co. Football

wildcat5

And even if we passed the ball 15 times a game with 35 or 30 rushes, it could light up the score board. Cannon county might pass between 3 and 6 times a game, not much at all. Passing the ball would increase the chances of big plays so that could really make a difference in a football game. But wildcat, the X's and O's are all what i'm about rather than in administration. It's nice to have people on coacht that can stregthen your knowledge, and i see what your saying about the game evolving. Where offenses will become more and more complex over the years, where it could get so hards for defenses to stop, so a new offense would hae to evolve in Cannon county to compete in the region and hopefully in the playoffs.

Yes, thats very true that is what I was trying to get across, for us to compete at some point we would have to change our offense. More on my end of things we have many facilities that need to be improved and not just in football, but thats another discussion. If your knowledgable about the X's and O's you should perhaps talk to the new coach whenever he is hired and get a staff postion. I can tell by your posts you love Cannon Co. athletics and you want to see us change and upgrade our programs. I'm glad there are people like you who want to see change and you seem like someone willing to work and not just talk about it, but actually do it.

• Replies 366
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

And even if we passed the ball 15 times a game with 35 or 30 rushes, it could light up the score board. Cannon county might pass between 3 and 6 times a game, not much at all. Passing the ball would increase the chances of big plays so that could really make a difference in a football game. But wildcat, the X's and O's are all what i'm about rather than in administration. It's nice to have people on coacht that can stregthen your knowledge, and i see what your saying about the game evolving. Where offenses will become more and more complex over the years, where it could get so hards for defenses to stop, so a new offense would hae to evolve in Cannon county to compete in the region and hopefully in the playoffs.

yes need to mix up things beside running every play and as i stated before i like this new qb coming in this year.. ive heard rumors around school that i wasnt a big fan of the last one /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" /> the qb will be alright this year be he was our best wr last year so some body needs to step up there.. the running game will be more of a up the middle this year with #34 and could #5 step up and live up to all this hype that he has had thrown upon him /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

I could'nt be more pleased with the effort in the weightroom this past week. These young men are doing a great job 6th period and after school.This is a solid core of 30 kids. Keep bustin it on the Lift-a-thon. We should be around the $500 mark after this weekend. I hope everyone behaved this weekend, got plenty of rest, and ate good. Because you are going to need it. And to some of you old heads(outgoing seniors), stick around during 6th and after school to help with technique. 2 or 3 of you know what your doing. A few of you have expressed an interest in coaching. And there is no better place to start your coaching career than at your alma mater.Perhaps we could make the spring game a little more interesting.

P.S.

Please send athletes and protein please.

I know evryone seems to real really want Matt Daniel as coach, but my biggest concern with him is that I think he would be a friend more than a coach. Once again let me say I think if he is interested he should be considered and if he has learned how to demand the players respect, then he would need to be seriously considered. I agree with something "cchssupporter" said about Riverdale, tradition is tradition, the reason they struggled last year is because they graduated 6 D-1 signees and numerous other D-2 signees and I mean before Adellyot was at Riverdale he built a consistent powerhouse at Hillsboro, so the guy knows how to win and he surrounds himself with winners and people who expect to win. So in my opinion if we could pluck someone off his staff or another power team's staff to bring that kind of mantality to our school it would be tremendous.

I believe that the players would give Daniel the respect a head coach needs and deserves. I know that last year when the players believed that he would be the new coach they began to treat him as a head coach. Of course they would still view him as a friend, but would also listen to him and do what needs to be done.

yes need to mix up things beside running every play and as i stated before i like this new qb coming in this year.. ive heard rumors around school that i wasnt a big fan of the last one /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" /> the qb will be alright this year be he was our best wr last year so some body needs to step up there.. the running game will be more of a up the middle this year with #34 and could #5 step up and live up to all this hype that he has had thrown upon him /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

This years quarterback, #12 is an athlete, I'm for sure he's ready to lead this team. And for #34, I 've watched him run and he has one of the fastest get offs i've ever seen and for #5 he'll do his talking on the field this year.

Yes, thats very true that is what I was trying to get across, for us to compete at some point we would have to change our offense. More on my end of things we have many facilities that need to be improved and not just in football, but thats another discussion. If your knowledgable about the X's and O's you should perhaps talk to the new coach whenever he is hired and get a staff postion. I can tell by your posts you love Cannon Co. athletics and you want to see us change and upgrade our programs. I'm glad there are people like you who want to see change and you seem like someone willing to work and not just talk about it, but actually do it.

I can say I will not be on the staff this year, not possible but I can easily say the same thing about you wildcat, I enkoy your post and will contuine reading and replying to them.

We got a coach yet?

No coach yet, slow process but gradually getting there. We cannot rush into getting a new coach. That's where mistakes are made. We need to contuine to keep the process rolling. So to fast, so we can get the right guy, but fast enough for spring practice. It's right around the corner /biggrin.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":D" border="0" alt="biggrin.gif" />

No coach yet, slow process but gradually getting there. We cannot rush into getting a new coach. That's where mistakes are made. We need to contuine to keep the process rolling. So to fast, so we can get the right guy, but fast enough for spring practice. It's right around the corner /biggrin.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":D" border="0" alt="biggrin.gif" />

Any updates on the new coach? Yall form a committee to hire or is the principal doing the hiring? You seem to know more than most, can you confirm on who's applied and interviews?

the Spread would be good, if there is a coach that runs it as it should be. but i like the whole smash mouth thing but guess seeing thirty of fourty up on the board every week would be good aswell. As far as Matt goes, I would think he would be the kind of coach you want. Knows the people of the town, Respected by most. And knows what he is doing. He did get OC of the region before he was run off. The spring game this year should be fun. The biys are working hard i'm sure i heard Griz had them throwing up the other day. Thats good. Run till you puke, then run some more. lol

I can say I will not be on the staff this year, not possible but I can easily say the same thing about you wildcat, I enkoy your post and will contuine reading and replying to them.

Well, I wouldn't be much help as an assistant football coach, but I would like be more involved with the administration, I have a lot of ideas not just about football, but all athletics here. There are many ways to boost attendence and for other sports to make money besides football, also I have some ideas on how to improve some of the facilities here. I know its off the subject, but I just want to say that basketball both girls and boys is heading in the right direction. The girls had a great season and the boys were the most competitive and had the most wins they have had in many seasons, more importantly there were more than 50 kids trying out for AAU in 5th-8th grade, that means the interest is up and people know that basketball is on the rise. The team worked there butts off and that hopefully will pay off in the near future. I hope after the new coach is hired there is just as much excitement for football.

the Spread would be good, if there is a coach that runs it as it should be. but i like the whole smash mouth thing but guess seeing thirty of fourty up on the board every week would be good aswell. As far as Matt goes, I would think he would be the kind of coach you want. Knows the people of the town, Respected by most. And knows what he is doing. He did get OC of the region before he was run off. The spring game this year should be fun. The biys are working hard i'm sure i heard Griz had them throwing up the other day. Thats good. Run till you puke, then run some more. lol

There is a time when that smash-mouth style is needed, but it is fading away. The spread is replacing the i-formation and wing-t type of offenses. When ran properly the spread is very hard to stop, just look at what Dekalb did to everyone last year not just Cannon Co. Has coach Daniels even applied? It seems everyone is sold on him and its like we shouldn't even look at any other candidates. He should be considered, but I know there have been other people apply with more experience and some that have worked at premire programs in the mid-state. As far is him getting O-coordinator of the year, thats good, but it is well-known that Coach Barger was a controlling head coach. I am not knocking coach Barger he did a great job here and is doing a great job at Sequatchie, this was his first job and I'm sure he has learned to delegate responsibility better, but with him being that controlling it worries me that Daniel might not be ready to run the whole show.