Cannon Co. Football

wildcat5

There is a time when that smash-mouth style is needed, but it is fading away. The spread is replacing the i-formation and wing-t type of offenses. When ran properly the spread is very hard to stop, just look at what Dekalb did to everyone last year not just Cannon Co. Has coach Daniels even applied? It seems everyone is sold on him and its like we shouldn't even look at any other candidates. He should be considered, but I know there have been other people apply with more experience and some that have worked at premire programs in the mid-state. As far is him getting O-coordinator of the year, thats good, but it is well-known that Coach Barger was a controlling head coach. I am not knocking coach Barger he did a great job here and is doing a great job at Sequatchie, this was his first job and I'm sure he has learned to delegate responsibility better, but with him being that controlling it worries me that Daniel might not be ready to run the whole show.

Who all has applied? Is there not a qualified assistant currently on staff? This hire makes some of us in Dekalb nervous. A loss to yall would kill our season. Not that its going to happen next year, but for years after it would be a killer.

• Replies 366
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Who all has applied? Is there not a qualified assistant currently on staff? This hire makes some of us in Dekalb nervous. A loss to yall would kill our season. Not that its going to happen next year, but for years after it would be a killer.

I know a coach from Clarksville Northwest has applied, thats no prize they were 2-8 last year, but also an assistant from Riverdale has apllied and that has me interested, that would be a person from a program that wins championships and just to be apart of the type of program Riverdale is says something. Even if there were qualified people on staff, it would not make sense to hire them, we just fired the head coach because we didn't like the way he did things, so why would we hire someone who shares his same philosophy's? Dekalb has nothing to fear, you guys have evolved into today's style game and it paid off huge for you guys. Also you guys stuck with the same coach for more than one season even if people complained, not trying to complain about Cannon Co. firing there coach, just saying stability usually pays off.

I know a coach from Clarksville Northwest has applied, thats no prize they were 2-8 last year, but also an assistant from Riverdale has apllied and that has me interested, that would be a person from a program that wins championships and just to be apart of the type of program Riverdale is says something. Even if there were qualified people on staff, it would not make sense to hire them, we just fired the head coach because we didn't like the way he did things, so why would we hire someone who shares his same philosophy's? Dekalb has nothing to fear, you guys have evolved into today's style game and it paid off huge for you guys. Also you guys stuck with the same coach for more than one season even if people complained, not trying to complain about Cannon Co. firing there coach, just saying stability usually pays off.

I heard a rumor that a Riverdale Asst. had applied but wasn't sure. That's interesting. The coach from Clarksville doesn't make sense. Also heard a rumor that a Shelbyville Asst. had applied. Someone also said that a local kid applied. I agree with you on the stability thing. It helps to work with the boys year after year. Maybe your new coach will get a few years. Have they interviewed all the applicants? If so when will yall make a decision?

I can already tell that the Cannon-Dekalb game this year will be very intersting. But I assure you when the Freshmen and Sophomres play ya'll as juniors and seniors, they will lay the smack down on dekalb, Espically when the Freshmen are seniors, I'm positive when the Jr. Lions played Dekalb two years ago and beat them by atleast 30. Just a little Theory i came up with. Should be very fun.

Any updates on the new coach? Yall form a committee to hire or is the principal doing the hiring? You seem to know more than most, can you confirm on who's applied and interviews?

Couldn't tell much much more than you already know, but i'll get back to you Tiger. You'd be better off asking Wildcat, he's very involved with Cannon county athletics

Well, I wouldn't be much help as an assistant football coach, but I would like be more involved with the administration, I have a lot of ideas not just about football, but all athletics here. There are many ways to boost attendence and for other sports to make money besides football, also I have some ideas on how to improve some of the facilities here. I know its off the subject, but I just want to say that basketball both girls and boys is heading in the right direction. The girls had a great season and the boys were the most competitive and had the most wins they have had in many seasons, more importantly there were more than 50 kids trying out for AAU in 5th-8th grade, that means the interest is up and people know that basketball is on the rise. The team worked there butts off and that hopefully will pay off in the near future. I hope after the new coach is hired there is just as much excitement for football.

Well talk to the principle, Kim parsley or the AD Tim Knox. I think you'd fit in very well with the adminstration here in Cannon County. Your ideas could be used greatly. So i advise you to take your own advice and talk to with the principle or AD or even the new coach when he comes around. We could even use you in The football booster club. And I agree, both Rigsby and Dodgen are doing a amazing job with the boys and girls basketball team. And that's good, a very very bright future for cannon county athletics. And as soon as the season comes around, the county will be spliing out with excitement to see the boys play. But how do you feel about a middle school here in Cannon county? Instead of several different elementary schools. That could unite all the athletes for the better. I know it's a different topic but how do you feel about that?

Well talk to the principle, Kim parsley or the AD Tim Knox. I think you'd fit in very well with the adminstration here in Cannon County. Your ideas could be used greatly. So i advise you to take your own advice and talk to with the principle or AD or even the new coach when he comes around. We could even use you in The football booster club. And I agree, both Rigsby and Dodgen are doing a amazing job with the boys and girls basketball team. And that's good, a very very bright future for cannon county athletics. And as soon as the season comes around, the county will be spliing out with excitement to see the boys play. But how do you feel about a middle school here in Cannon county? Instead of several different elementary schools. That could unite all the athletes for the better. I know it's a different topic but how do you feel about that?

I have talked with Mr. Knox before and I will some more about helping. I think a middle school is long overdue, if your an athlete you know how big the adjustment is from elementary to high school athletics. A middle school would get the players playing together at an earlier age and that can only help. It needs to happen, but there is no way I'm afraid it will be happening in the near future becasue of the funding it would take

I have talked with Mr. Knox before and I will some more about helping. I think a middle school is long overdue, if your an athlete you know how big the adjustment is from elementary to high school athletics. A middle school would get the players playing together at an earlier age and that can only help. It needs to happen, but there is no way I'm afraid it will be happening in the near future becasue of the funding it would take

Wildcat, I'm just curious how do you want to help? But it's just an idea but funding would be the biggest problem.

Wildcat, I'm just curious how do you want to help? But it's just an idea but funding would be the biggest problem.

Im majoring in Sports Management at MTSU, in those classes we learn the process of hiring coaches and finding the right coaches that fit certain programs, policy making in sports, funding programs, promoting programs, increasing revenue and attendance, and mostly solve problems and make decisions that will benefeit whichever sport organization you work for. My primary interest is in high school athletics, thats mostly what we discuss is high school and college athletics problems (even problems at small programs like Cannon Co). I just think there some things that haven't been tried at Cannon Co. and some ways things could be improved and I would just like to give my ideas to the adminstration and help carry those ideas out with there approval.

Im majoring in Sports Management at MTSU, in those classes we learn the process of hiring coaches and finding the right coaches that fit certain programs, policy making in sports, funding programs, promoting programs, increasing revenue and attendance, and mostly solve problems and make decisions that will benefeit whichever sport organization you work for. My primary interest is in high school athletics, thats mostly what we discuss is high school and college athletics problems (even problems at small programs like Cannon Co). I just think there some things that haven't been tried at Cannon Co. and some ways things could be improved and I would just like to give my ideas to the adminstration and help carry those ideas out with there approval.

Well Professor..............why don't you share some of your ideas?

I'm sure many on this board could benefit from; funding, promoting, and increasing revenue. /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

Wildcat your not making sense...You often have the subject matter down pat and seldom would the SPY disagree, but on this one I would ask...Who won the 5A state title this year? Where did Bartsch come from? Would a State championship be considered a winning team? Name a county in the state more competitive (school to school) than Rutherford? What did Riverdale do? Cannon County had a coach from a productive program.... he got fired because one person's ego was bigger than his.....

Coach Bartsch, I believe was on Lebron Ferguson's staff at Oakland, he was fired for going 3-7 and he did not have successful tenure there. To coach Bartsch's credit his freshman team that he coached was very successful. As far as why Riverdale did not do well, They graduated 6 D-1 signees, and numerous others to D-2 schools so they were in reload mode. Ron Adeloyt built a strong program at Hilsboro before coming to Riverdale, so the man knows what he is doing, any coach that graduates that much talent and plays in the region Riverdale plays in will have a down season and what was Riverdale 6-4 or 5-5? We would love to see that record at Cannon Co. My point was just that Riverdale associates itself with winners and winning coaches and we need that type of attitude at Cannon Co. A coach from there could come and teach our team a little Riverdale swagger and a team that played with little confidence like we did towards the end of last year needs some swagger back.