TN AAU Regional Tournaments

Beastin

Just wondering how the TN AAU regionals will be run this year. I understand the West region will be held at Cookville high school but was also intrested in where all the other regions would be held. Is anybody attending these tournaments as they are the qualifier for the state tournament ? Someone update me kinda clueless and rather not make the trip if its not worth the wrestling.

• Replies 12
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The East Regional will be held in Pigeon Forge at either Pigeon Forge HS or Pigeon Forge MS, depending on the success of Pigeon Forge's high school girls basketball team during this weeks post season games. Both schools are located right next to each other, 100-200 feet apart, so the location switch should not be a problem. Expecting 400-500 wrestlers.

Upper East TN requested that the Middle school and Junior Divisions swap weigh-in and wrestling times. This will allow the Upper East Tennessee Middle School wrestlers to take part in their conference championship and make it to the Regional.

The North Region tournament will be held at Karns HS in Knoxville, TN. The number of competitors should be about the same.

Just wondering how the TN AAU regionals will be run this year. I understand the West region will be held at Cookville high school but was also intrested in where all the other regions would be held. Is anybody attending these tournaments as they are the qualifier for the state tournament ? Someone update me kinda clueless and rather not make the trip if its not worth the wrestling.

ALL OF THE NEEDED INFO IS ON tnaauwrestling.com THEN GO TO FORMS/FLIERS. THERE WERE ONLY 14 HIGH SCHOOL AGE WRESTLERS AT THE NORTH DISTRICT AT HALLS YESTERDAY. EVERY ONE IS SCARED TO DEATH OF THE "DEAD PERIOD". THE HIGH SCHOOL KIDS CAN WRESTLE THEY JUST CAN'T BE COACHED BY THEIR HIGH SCHOOL COACH.

THE ANIMAL

There were about 16 high school wrestlers at Pigeon Forge but we had several Middle school kids wrestle up so we had some good round robin brackets. It was good for some of these 8th graders to compete against some kids they will be facing next year. There were a few 8th graders that beat some soph's and jr's.

By the way: Thank You to all the wonderful people of the Sevier County Wrestling club who worked so hard to make this event a success. Many parents manned the gate, concessions, hospitality room, and weigh-in areas all day.

SPECIAL THANK YOU! The event ended and the Sevier county wrestling club had started the tear down process. I looked up in the stands to see which of their parents and kids were picking up the pick pieces of trash that people had left behind. As I watched I realized that those were not all Sevier County wrestling club members. Coach Teaster, from Heritage, and some of his parents and wrestlers were going through the stands and picking up. WOW!

Thanks Coach and Thank You to those wonderful people who were chipping in to help out.

Whoever is making the changes, it may be a good idea to notify all the coaches involved with the East Region Tournament. Every coach doesn't read these message boards. I can't imagine the mess if someone doesn't get the change notice and their Juniors show up after their division has already wrestled.

Coach Marshall please help spread the word.

The change was requested by some coaches and parents from upper east tennessee. When the adjustment was made, the coaches and parents were happy with the change and said they would spread the word the clubs of upper east tennesse.

The change was made about 3-4 weeks ago and the flier with the changes was posted at that time.

I sure am glad I read this... I had NO idea of this change, kind of like Coach Marshall, this is the first I have heard of it... one would think this would have been mentioned Saturday since we were ALL just at the district tourney at Central H.S. (where I attended all 3 coaches meetings and NEVER heard it once)... this is something that should be noted on the front page of the TNAAU webpage as an ***IMPORTNT UPTDATE FOR ALL EAST REGION COACHES***... I venture to say that I am not the only coach in northeast TN that did/does not know this...

CONGRATS to the St. Mary's Admiral wrestling team. In just their 1st year as a club (mainly all newbies w/ only 4 experienced wrestlers) we took 13 kids to the East Regional in Pigeon Forge and low and behold all 13 qualified for state. There was some really good competition over all and I look forward to seeing the EAST region make a good showing at the state level. Good luck all and again, conratulations Admirals, you make your coach proud... Coach Frye