Marshall Co Vs. Giles predictions/comments

Tigercatchr

• Replies 14
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted by Tigercatchr:

who are you

Don't count out the Bobcats of Giles Co. They could be the darkhorse in this region (Reg 5-3A). They usually have speed in the backfield and good position receivers with a solid OL. Defensively, they play solid as well. The past couple of years they are unable to play for all four quarters when it counts. For some weird reason I can see them getting the upset win this week at Marshall Co.

Prediction: Giles Co. 24 Marshall Co. 17.

Posted by SACDAWGS:
Posted by Tigercatchr:

who are you

Don't count out the Bobcats of Giles Co. They could be the darkhorse in this region (Reg 5-3A). They usually have speed in the backfield and good position receivers with a solid OL. Defensively, they play solid as well. The past couple of years they are unable to play for all four quarters when it counts. For some weird reason I can see them getting the upset win this week at Marshall Co.

Prediction: Giles Co. 24 Marshall Co. 17.

Giles Co. 21 Marshall Co. 17 :D

Posted by Tigercatchr:

I would hate to see what your poll would look like with the prediction you made on this game.Bobcats never had a chance!Marshall Co. 42 Giles co. 7

We can all hope. I was hoping for an early season upset. I guess Marshall Co. is tough again this year. Will the region championship come down to a week 8 showdown at Page like it did two years ago?

What did Marshall Co. show on offense? Are they loaded in the backfield with speed again?

Was Giles Co just not ready to play?

Region 5-3A should be a dog fight. As of right now....the three best teams are Marshall, Page, and Greenbrier. Lurking in the wings is Sycamore. In last week's Prep Performance ratings system, 6 of the 7 teams in the region were listed in the top 30 teams in the state (3A). That is pretty tough region to say the least. You can never predict easy wins in this region. All the teams are tough! Best wishes to all.

:)

Marshall county has great speed in the backfield this year.Mario Davis the RB runs a 4.4 and is only a junior.He has already recieved letters from the University of Florida.The Qb this year is Kevin Biship.He is only a sophomore but did a great job jumping into this big roll.Davis had at 170 yards rushing on 10 carries last night.He had about 230 total yards.The Tiger Defence has seen alot of changes since last year and so far they seem to be for the good.The tiger defence has great speed all around.They only lack in the passing department.They just cant seem to defend the pass all that well.Thats what beat them last year at lipscomb.Any team that has a good passing offence stands a good chance of defeating the tigers.Hopefully Coach Mac will get that figured out soon since next week Lipscomb comes to Marshall co.

[Edited by Tigercatchr on 9-7-02 2:27P]

[Edited by Tigercatchr on 9-9-02 11:27P]