Scrimmages this week (3/2)

jogabonito6

• Replies 109
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Maryville-1

Hardin Valley-0

Maryville dominated possesion and chances to score in the first half. At halftime, we were pretty upset that we were still tied. Must have had six corners.

Maryville was really sloppy in the second half, and Hardin Valley really took it to them. Maryville looked like they were upset that they weren't scoring and they became disorganized. We stabbed all over the field and lost focus. Hardin Valley missed a couple of good chances, and Maryville was on their heels for the last 20. Maryville was able to score with a solid goal from Bradley Fischer.

Both coaches were pretty upset with their teams performance. Mike McClean kept his team afterwards and ran them to death. Both teams look like they have a long way to go but this expected with two young teams. Best of luck to HV.

If I can get a score I will post it. I went to Baylor Friday to watch the Baylor team scrimmage the Baylor alumni..was alot of fun to watch. A couple of players from the last 2 years played....Van Valkinburg, Andrew Roden, Carter Paden, Kelly Smith, JB Murphy and others from years back further. One guy had graduated in 1985 I think. This years team will have to mature fast for sure. Sounds like the same goes for CCS. This scrimmage will be good experience for them both no doubt.

pre-season scrimmages against alumni are prohibited by TSSAA regulations. Arent they I seem to remeber the Seymour coach trying to do do this and being told no by tssaa. so they play it post season other wise it would be regular season

Maryville-1

Hardin Valley-0

Maryville dominated possesion and chances to score in the first half. At halftime, we were pretty upset that we were still tied. Must have had six corners.

Maryville was really sloppy in the second half, and Hardin Valley really took it to them. Maryville looked like they were upset that they weren't scoring and they became disorganized. We stabbed all over the field and lost focus. Hardin Valley missed a couple of good chances, and Maryville was on their heels for the last 20. Maryville was able to score with a solid goal from Bradley Fischer.

Both coaches were pretty upset with their teams performance. Mike McClean kept his team afterwards and ran them to death. Both teams look like they have a long way to go but this expected with two young teams. Best of luck to HV.

Anybody else know anything about this game?

Page 20 of the TSSAA handbook states that any sport other than football may play one scrimmage against alumni per year...Coach Blair and Coach Weekley would know the rules on this. It is a great thing to do.

pre-season scrimmages against alumni are prohibited by TSSAA regulations. Arent they I seem to remeber the Seymour coach trying to do do this and being told no by tssaa. so they play it post season other wise it would be regular season

Please refer to page 20 of the TSSAA handbook. It states that any sport other than football may play one scrimmage against alumni per year...Coach Blair and Coach Weekley would know the rules on this. It is a great thing to do.

I know for a fact the Seymour coach called and was told by someone named GENE at TSSAA that the game could not be played as a pre-season scrimmage and would count toward regular season total number of games if played then. Can be played after season over though.

If you can prove otherwise please let me know. I know our coach would prefer to do it that way.