can mc minn central win it all?

mccharger

89, you better watch out boy. You keep that attitude and you may get evicted from the Baby Blue Nation. That's ok, you can come sit with me and watch poor 'ol Polk and their overrated team /roflolk.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflolk:" border="0" alt="roflolk.gif" />

Anyway, call me later if your goin up tonight. Maybe you can show me just who in the heck Im arguing with on here...lol

Can you believe I posted something that long and didnt take one sarcastic jab at Polk? I must be getting soft in my old age. /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" /> /roflolk.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflolk:" border="0" alt="roflolk.gif" />

• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Old Warhorse,

Good question... here is who I think has a better chance of winning it than Central.

South Greene (28-4)- 2 losses came to AAA power Morristown West, 1 loss to AAA Wilson Central) They also beat Morristown West once which was their only loss of the year)

Upperman (31-1)- Not only a great record but they play a tough schedule as well (Several wins over tough AAA teams).

Westview (29-4)- 3 losses came to Gibson County.

Gibson County (30-0)- Undefeated with a descent schedule

Also, I feel the best team to come out of Memphis could beat central as well because they will be able to match up athletically!

Bout time someone mentions South Greene. They got a shot just as well as any of those teams.

Thanks for your concern about how I spend my time. I'm off work on Wednesdays, so I have a little free time. In fact I just left a meeting with Coach Morgan. As far as the offseason program is concerned, I've got it done. I've also got a TSSAA mandated three week dead period after the season ends to tweak it to our time restraints before workouts can begin. I've yet to say anything arrogant or cocky in this thread, and I'm not a bit worried about what's posted on a message board as long as it's factually correct.

Nowhere did I contend any of your other assertions. I merely addressed your statements about being very close to the program and saying there is no strength program when there's been one for almost two years. Nowhere did I call you names. I merely corrected an inaccuracy in your post. Whether or not I consider myself a coach doesn't matter. The girls, their parents, Coach Morgan, and Coach Young do. That's enough for me.

The program is just taking it one game at a time. We're only talking and thinking about Polk. The fans might be looking ahead a bit, but that's their prerogative. That's what fans do. Fan is short for fanatic after all, right?

Hey"Maniac" calm down buddy. If you think your fired up now, just wait till the Livingston fans start crying about our gym. You are liable to stroke out! /roflolk.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflolk:" border="0" alt="roflolk.gif" />

Hey Maniac, I'll see you at the game tonight. Save me a seat if you get there before I do. It should be a good game.

I think raider2 had some decent points as to why Central won't win the state, but I wonder if he/she would apply the same logic to other teams. I mean, you can make a list of pros and cons for any team in any sport. Why just the Chargerettes? I know the thread was entitled "can mc minn central win it all?", but jeesh, you can really feel their disdain for the "baby blue" as they put it. I seriously doubt that raider2 could "objectively" come up with any reasons why Central could win it all. I don't think they are very objective.

I've said all along that Polk is a good team and it's hard to beat a good team so many times in the same season. I'ts the law of averages. But I think if Central comes to play and gets out to an early lead, Polk may then think: "here we go again". Then comes the quicksand.

ANYONE: Is the Central/Polk game at 6:00 or 7:00 tonight at McMinn? According to the Coach T bracket link on the home page, it says the game is at 7:00. But my spouse (who's never wrong /rolleyes.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":rolleyes:" border="0" alt="rolleyes.gif" />) says it's at 6:00.

Looking forward to a great game between two good teams that are both well-coached.

ANYONE: Is the Central/Polk game at 6:00 or 7:00 tonight at McMinn? According to the Coach T bracket link on the home page, it says the game is at 7:00. But my spouse (who's never wrong /rolleyes.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":rolleyes:" border="0" alt="rolleyes.gif" />) says it's at 6:00.

Looking forward to a great game between two good teams that are both well-coached.

According to Coach Morgan this morning, it is a 6 o'clock game.

I think god1st was refering to upper east TN.

That's more north, than east. I guess they meant South Greene? Is Coach Renner still coaching there?

According to Coach Morgan this morning, it is a 6 o'clock game.

Thanks, my wife called and reminded me that she was right AGAIN. /blush.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":blush:" border="0" alt="blush.gif" />

That's more north, than east. I guess they meant South Greene? Is Coach Renner still coaching there?

It was Coach Ricker, but no he isnt now. South Greene is now coached by Derek Dyer. He is young still but he is learning. South Greene isnt the only Northeast TN team in contention, Elizabethton is also a possible BORO team.

It was Coach Ricker, but no he isnt now. South Greene is now coached by Derek Dyer. He is young still but he is learning. South Greene isnt the only Northeast TN team in contention, Elizabethton is also a possible BORO team.

You're correct - Coach Ricker. He's kin to some Renner's who live in Calhoun, TN, who were origianlly from Greene County. The Renner girl played on Meigs' state championship teams.