Forest Vs. McEwen

TDT33

• Replies 23
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

We stayed to watch Forrest play after our girls game. They are an amazing team! It seemed that any player on their team was a threat from the 3 point line AND inside!!! I know that MTC played them strong in the district champ but lost by 1... Anything is possible and we'll be there cheering for our girls!

Go WARRIORETTES!!!

Should be a intense game... McEwen really got a feel for the atmosphere the last night...

Key for McEwen in the first quarter... Keep the game close... If they get down 10 to Forrest, they aren't coming back... if they can keep it close thru half of the second quarter... I see it staying that was the whole game... McEwen's ability to handle the pressure defense put on by Forrest will essential to keeping it close early... if they can adapt to it, they will be fine... They need to break the pressure a few times with back door cuts and easy layups to get them to sag off a little...

Forrest's style defense forces the other team's players to be able to create their own shots... McEwen will have to be able to do this early and then force Forrest to plays McEwen's game...

McEwen will be the underdog in this matchup, but this is definetly not an unwinable game...

REMEMBER: play smart, create your shot, minimize turnovers by controlled offense, and feed off of the over pursuing Forrest defense... it looks strong, but you can find the weakness...

Oh yeah, one more thing.... BLOCK OUT ON THE REBOUNDS, you will not be able to out jump Forrest for the boards... you can however fundametally out play them... Rebounds are all about fundamentals... use them...

First off, I have got to commend McEwen...I watched the game between them and MTCS and thought for sure MTCS was on their way to a win when they were up by 10....but McEwen came back STRONG in the 3rd quarter and just wouldn't give in...congratulations! I think it will be a very tight game, with Beth and Summer in the post and McEwen's Hobson.... ought to be a battle, I believe we have the edge here though. I will also say that the way our guards have been stepping up, both offensively and defensively, we have the edge here too....their play was overwhelming for Community last night. Soooooo Lady Rockets....... leave it on the floor and play for the right to host a Sub-State game in Chapel Hill !!!!!! GO LADY ROCKETS!!!!!!!!!!!!

First off, I have got to commend McEwen...I watched the game between them and MTCS and thought for sure MTCS was on their way to a win when they were up by 10....but McEwen came back STRONG in the 3rd quarter and just wouldn't give in...congratulations! I think it will be a very tight game, with Beth and Summer in the post and McEwen's Hobson.... ought to be a battle, I believe we have the edge here though. I will also say that the way our guards have been stepping up, both offensively and defensively, we have the edge here too....their play was overwhelming for Community last night. Soooooo Lady Rockets....... leave it on the floor and play for the right to host a Sub-State game in Chapel Hill !!!!!! GO LADY ROCKETS!!!!!!!!!!!!

Great post, auntkim. Couldn't said it any better if I tried. Great game last nite, ladies. GO LADY ROCKETS /hungry.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":hungry:" border="0" alt="hungry.gif" /> /hungry.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":hungry:" border="0" alt="hungry.gif" />

McEwen can win this game, but they are the underdog. Because this isn't an elimination game, nerves will be less. McEwen definately showed some nerves in the MTCS game and I see them playing better in this game. Should be a great game, I see Hobson showing up major in this game. GOOD LUCK McEWEN!

Any news on the injury to Beth Hahn, bless her heart she looked pitiful as she was helped off the court the other night. She really looked to be in alot of pain.

Now on another note.....

The Game At HaNd: Region 5 Championship:!!

I really like the way McEwen moves the ball and are just as strong on the boards as Forrest . Unless Forrest comes out and gets 14-18 point lead in the first half i see this game being close down to the wire....McEwen will hang in there and are VERY capable of winning this game.

Congrats to both teams on making it this far and you are both worthy of a trip to the Boro.

Good Luck to Dist. 10 A.

..............mcEwen

..............winS

...........chamPionship

...............toNight

Our ladies will come to the court ready to play and ready to win! We have a strong bond among our girls which makes them a great team. I'll be there cheering them on tonight and Saturday (win or lose)....but I think it will be a win!!

I haven't seen Forrest play, but hear they are really good. So I am ready for a great game tonight.

Good luck Lady Warriors!!!! play with heart, play with mind, and play to win! I hope all the girls on both teams play a safe game.