Freshmen Talent

opticyellow

I mentioned her in the "who's behind the plate?" thread, but I say it again here. Jackie L from Stone is starting her freshman year strong! Starting at 3rd or 1st, batting 6th. At Cookeville's play day, she hit the schools first homerun of the year and had some good plays. Last night in DeKalb Co. she scored the only run in two games for the Lady Panthers. One heck of a hitter.

After a torn ACL last summer, she has come back with a vengence and hasn't skipped a beat. She will only get stronger and better as she goes through high school.

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I didn't mean to limit it to pitchers and catchers, there are 7 other positions required to have a team, and maybe there's just a pure hitter out there,,, /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

Here is a nobrainer, we were just waiting for her to get her break, it came early and she delivered. Bryanna "Cricket" Blanco from Maryville. She plays Aball for the Fury 14U where she hit almost .600 Started her home opener at short and hit the game winner in the 9th for a 1-0 win. She then went 3-3 with 2 bags, 2 RBIs, and 2 runs scored in her next game making Aubrey's Restaurant player of the week. She will have high school pitchers cringing for a while.

One I have in mind......Meridith Mitchell.....Sequatchie County High School.......She is an ace pitcher and plays center field like a wide reciever.......Very possible one of the best lead off hitters around. Look for her to be a huge contribution to the Lady Indians this year

I saw the Mitchell kid (Sequatchie Co.) play centerfield against Marion County yesterday. The girl is quick as lightning and has a "freakin" gun for an arm! Hint: Don't run on her!

Tanner Sanders and Jordan Griner pitcher catcher pair for Lincoln County will make an impact for the Lady Falcons this year. Not only can Tanner pitch but can play center field with a gun for an arm. Very capable of throwing runners out at home.

Is her number 6 I think. I think she pitched against us in a playday the other day. She is going to be something else if she keeps working hard. She did a good job, very impressed. /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

Here is a nobrainer, we were just waiting for her to get her break, it came early and she delivered. Bryanna "Cricket" Blanco from Maryville. She plays Aball for the Fury 14U where she hit almost .600 Started her home opener at short and hit the game winner in the 9th for a 1-0 win. She then went 3-3 with 2 bags, 2 RBIs, and 2 runs scored in her next game making Aubrey's Restaurant player of the week. She will have high school pitchers cringing for a while.

And then...she played in the Knoxville tournament last weekend against Lebanon, siegel, Gibbs, and St. Bennedict. She went 7 for 9 with a sac and an intentional walk, two BOMBS, two doubles, 6 RBIs, and 4 runs scored. Thats an .875 average for the tournament. Not too bad for a Freshman.

Redstitch,

Bry is a very talented young player. I'm assuming you are a relative, and if you want to toot her horn a little, that is your perogative. However, with all due respect, I believe that your comments about Coach Dowlen's very unfortunate accident on he field were in poor taste. Mark is a personal friend of mine. We are all thankful that his injury wasn't more serious, but it was still a very scary blow to the temple. He is still recovering. I think you are only trying to make light of a serious situation, but if I were Mark, or one of the Heritage players or supporters, I would not find much humor in your remarks. Anyway, just something to think about.

Ken Hawkins

Maryville High Softball

Redstitch,

Bry is a very talented young player. I'm assuming you are a relative, and if you want to toot her horn a little, that is your perogative. However, with all due respect, I believe that your comments about Coach Dowlen's very unfortunate accident on he field were in poor taste. Mark is a personal friend of mine. We are all thankful that his injury wasn't more serious, but it was still a very scary blow to the temple. He is still recovering. I think you are only trying to make light of a serious situation, but if I were Mark, or one of the Heritage players or supporters, I would not find much humor in your remarks. Anyway, just something to think about.

Ken Hawkins

Maryville High Softball

I agree with KenHawk, poor taste and totally inappropriate remarks about the injured coach.

I saw the Mitchell kid (Sequatchie Co.) play centerfield against Marion County yesterday. The girl is quick as lightning and has a "freakin" gun for an arm! Hint: Don't run on her!

She proved it again today, turned what looked to be a double into an out at second. The next batter got a hit so it prevented a run. She had a freshman baserunning mistake (or was close enough to get it called) that cost a run but the positives so far this year have taken place a lot more often than any negatives. She and her teammates will get to see how far they've come along at the Soddy tournament.

Marion has a crew full of young talent, South Pittsburg and Sequatchie have good freshman pitchers (Mitchell also pitches but is playing CF). It will be fun to see all these players get better over the next few years.

Redstitch,

Ken Hawkins

Maryville High Softball

You are correct, I didn't mean for it to sound like it did after a review. But I wrote it so I will own it. I apologize to the coach, team, supporters, and readers, we have all been hit at one time or another. I do hope the coach is alright, his job working with kids is not easy and sometimes thankless. I assumed,and we know what that gets us but no excuse, he had already recovered. If not I truly hope he has a speedy return.

I will not apologize for the "horn tootin" I know what the kid puts into the game, and she is a quality kid on top of that. Everyone will hear more from her.