Freshmen Talent

opticyellow

Heather Brown is a great Freshman catcher for Lebanon! Her offense and defense is remarkable for someone her age.

I have to put Megan Taylor from NGHS on this list. I know I know, how can you put a player from NGHS on there? However, no matter which school she played for, she would be an outstanding freshman. Her current batting average is .602. In her first varsity game, she went 3 for 4 with a solo homerun, a triple, and a single. In one of last weeks games she was 4 for 4 with 2 triples, a double, and a single. Defensively, she has not committed any errors and has throw out several runners going from 3rd home from left field. No matter where this girl plays on the field she is tough.

I have said this before, those girls from Coalfield are incredible!!!!

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You are correct, I didn't mean for it to sound like it did after a review. But I wrote it so I will own it. I apologize to the coach, team, supporters, and readers, we have all been hit at one time or another. I do hope the coach is alright, his job working with kids is not easy and sometimes thankless. I assumed,and we know what that gets us but no excuse, he had already recovered. If not I truly hope he has a speedy return.

I will not apologize for the "horn tootin" I know what the kid puts into the game, and she is a quality kid on top of that. Everyone will hear more from her.

HONK HONK TOOT TOOT.......I am sure she is an outstanding kid. She is an outstanding player. Let her play. Don't be so darn cocky! That only ends up being bad for her in the long run.

Three freshman up in Morristown at East High deserve some recognition, Mallory Black a great little pitcher who had Unicoi County beat if not for a late inning 2 run error in the Eastman Tournament, Emily Hensley a 6 foot catcher with a cannon for an arm and is hitting over .500 in varsity action, and Kendi King an all purpose player who can play anywhere including pitcher.

Marion County has 5 freshmen this year. Four have earned starting positions. (One had ACL surgery in November and isn't released yet or she would be starting as well) Kudos to this young team. First base, pitcher, short stop, & right field. Most every player on this VERY young team (only 2 upper classmen) continue to surprise us with each passing game. Way to go girls! /flower.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":flower:" border="0" alt="flower.gif" />

Marion County has 5 freshmen this year. Four have earned starting positions. (One had ACL surgery in November and isn't released yet or she would be starting as well) Kudos to this young team. First base, pitcher, short stop, & right field. Most every player on this VERY young team (only 2 upper classmen) continue to surprise us with each passing game. Way to go girls! /flower.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":flower:" border="0" alt="flower.gif" />

I agree with you purple1power. The freshman at Marion are a great collection of talent. With time and experience, these girls will take Marion County to the top of 6AA.

I agree with you purple1power. The freshman at Marion are a great collection of talent. With time and experience, these girls will take Marion County to the top of 6AA.

They are definitely a good group of talent, but talent alone doesn't always win games. They need to work day in and day out to do the finer things in the game that will take them and this team to the next level. There are still some simple things that should be learned when you first start playing ball that need to be addressed as well as just growing, getting stronger, and better understanding the game. We better hurry if we are going to make it to the top of 6AA, cause next year we move on to 6A....

And there needs to be some mention of the lone Senior and 4 Sophomores on this team that start as well, and the one who will start when she is cleared to play. Without them, this team would not be the same. This is a team game not an individual game. No one class has carried this team more than the other, and that kind of talk has already caused some tension amongst the ranks. Lets let it die now and enjoy the rest of our season... /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

They are definitely a good group of talent, but talent alone doesn't always win games. They need to work day in and day out to do the finer things in the game that will take them and this team to the next level. There are still some simple things that should be learned when you first start playing ball that need to be addressed as well as just growing, getting stronger, and better understanding the game. We better hurry if we are going to make it to the top of 6AA, cause next year we move on to 6A....

And there needs to be some mention of the lone Senior and 4 Sophomores on this team that start as well, and the one who will start when she is cleared to play. Without them, this team would not be the same. This is a team game not an individual game. No one class has carried this team more than the other, and that kind of talk has already caused some tension amongst the ranks. Lets let it die now and enjoy the rest of our season... /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

The only reason the senior and sophomores weren't mentioned is because the forum is title "Freshmen Talent". I do agree that all of the girls are very talented, and in time will excel.

The only reason the senior and sophomores weren't mentioned is because the forum is title "Freshmen Talent". I do agree that all of the girls are very talented, and in time will excel.

You're right this is a Freshman Talent thread, but we as a team have experienced some on the field problems and stuff like this has caused part of it. We do have great freshman talent, great sophomore talent, great junior talent, and great senior talent as well. I am just saying we should keep it about the TEAM and not any certain class....

You're right this is a Freshman Talent thread, but we as a team have experienced some on the field problems and stuff like this has caused part of it. We do have great freshman talent, great sophomore talent, great junior talent, and great senior talent as well. I am just saying we should keep it about the TEAM and not any certain class....

Lets put an end to this silly squabble dealing the various "classes" at Marion County. Someone mentioned how good they thought the Freshman class was. Thats great! They are talented. No one is claiming that the other girls who make up the TEAM are less talented! In fact, they have a great group of talented players. Unfortuanately, this forum is for FRESHMAN! Nothing was implied by anyone, at anytime that the other girls were hacks. We should not take these post so personal, it is what it is, a compliment to Marion County's FRESHMAN class!